Monday Memorial Day, offices closed.
Tuesday 8 a.m. Building & Grounds Committee & CAM (Core Planning Group), CAM; 9:30 a.m. Brainerd Lakes Regional Airport Commission, Airport Conference Room.
Wednesday 8 a.m. Crow Wing County Business Council, Chamber Office; 10 a.m. Pre-Bid Conference for general construction Crow Wing County Solid Waste Department Scale House & administrative offices at MMSW sanitary landfill. Meet at landfill maintenance building.
Thursday 2 p.m. Open quotes Septic system compliance inspections on Serpent Lake, Commissioners' Room; 5 p.m. Planning Commission & County Board regarding comprehensive plan implementations, Welton Hall in Elks Club Building.
Friday 8 a.m. Meth Task Force, County Health Department.
Saturday 8 a.m. Whitefish Area Property Owners Association, Ideal Town Hall.
June 7 9 a.m. Pre-Bid Conference for Crow Wing County parking lot - Phase One & site utilities - Phase One, Service Building Meeting Room 1.
Baxter City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
Baxter City Hall
The Baxter City Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday for the 2003 audit presentation.
The regular meeting of the Baxter city Council will be held at 7 p.m.
1. Call meeting to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Consent agenda The following items are considered non-controversial by staff and are recommended to be read and passed in one motion. Any council person, staff, citizen, or meeting attendee can request one or more items be pulled from the consent agenda and the item will be pulled and addressed immediately after the passage of the consent agenda; otherwise, the following items will be passed in one motion.
A. Approval of council minutes of May 15
B. Payment of bills and approval of finance report
C. Accept Utilities Commission minutes of May 19
1. Approve the minimal septic system installation at 6410 Highland Scenic contingent on an agreement being signed by the new property owners for future connection to city water and sewer assessments
2. Accept the Whitetail Meadows 100% petition for city streets, city sewer and water for all of Holly Drive and half of Afton Road and exclude Hemlock from the petition
3. Approve the Anderson Brothers crack sealing proposal for a total contract amount of $27,500.00
4. Approve the Anderson Brothers proposal for miscellaneous shouldering in the city of Baxter
5. Approve the release of the Hampton Square grading Letter of Credit #8883 in the amount of $40,500.00
6. Approve the WSN proposal for engineering services for project management and construction staking for the 2004 Meredith, Norway and Lancer area utility and roadway improvements at an estimated cost of $85,000.00
7. Approve the layout of Ironwood Meadows and hold the plat until the easement issue is worked out
8. Approve the preliminary plat of Regal Park contingent on a concept layout for Lot 1 showing roads, water, sanitary sewer, and storm water plan be submitted to the Utilities Commission
9. Adopt the resolution receiving bids and awarding the contract to Tom's Backhoe Services of Brained, Minn. in the amount of $3,491,934.34 for the 2004 Inglewood Drive and Clearwater road area improvement project
D. Accept Parks and Recreation Commission minutes of May 24
1. Acceptance of fee dedication for the plat of Regal Park as per city ordinance
2. Acceptance of fee dedication for the plat of Ironwood Meadows First Addition as per city ordinance
E. Accept Planning and Zoning Commission minutes of May 25
F. Accept Industrial and Economic Development Commission minutes of May 27
G. Accept Comp Plan minutes of May 13
H. Accept Long Range Planning Commission minutes of May 27
I. Contract amendment for the Interim Building Official with West Central Inspection Service
5. Pulled agenda items
6. Other business
A. 7:30 p.m. JOBZ Business Subsidy Policy public hearing
B. Lot line interpretation Gary Scheeler
C. Planning and Zoning actions
1. Approve the CUP/PUD of Whitetail Meadows with conditions
2. Approve the preliminary/final plat of Whitetail Meadows for Bear Paw Developers with conditions
3. Approve the Interim CUP to operate a Farmer's Market/Artist Sale for Prairie Bay Restaurant, 15115 Edgewood Drive with conditions
4. Approve the preliminary/final plat of Regal Park for Lifestyle Innovative Builders with conditions
D. Annexation petition for Dan Weichmann Set public hearing date
7. Public comments
9. Council comments
A. Mark Cross -- Industrial & Economic Development and other comments
B. Rosemary Franzen Parks and Recreation and other comments
C. Gary Muehlhausen Utilities, Personnel and Police & other mayoral comments
D. Darrell Olson Planning and Zoning and other comments
E. Barb Wells Long Range Planning and other comments
10. City attorney
11. City administrator/Staff reports
12. Personnel & Police Commission role
13. Closed session Personnel Issues
Cass County Board
Meets 8 a.m. Tuesday
Commissioner's Board Room
1. 8 a.m. Cass County Detention Center Tour
2. 9 a.m. Call to order
a. Pledge of Allegiance
b. Approval of agenda (Any requests to be heard not on the proposed agenda are considered for inclusion at this time.)
3. Request to be heard - Walter Karrick
a. Abate tax statement penalty
4. Post Commander, LTC Rich Weaver, Environmental Supervisor, Marty Skoglund Camp Ripley
5. Norm Moody Land Commissioner
a. Approve resolution on Compatible Use Buffer Zone
b. Approve resolution withdrawing parcels from Wilderness Park land site
c. Greg Froelke request for amendment to Wilderness Park Estates auction sale condition
6. Rural Health Services
a. Mark Schoenbaum Mn Dept. of Health Office of Rural Health
b. Sally Buck Rural Health Resource Center
7. Robert Yochum County Administrator
a. Consent agenda
b. General revenue fund unallocated budget report
c. 2004 legislative report
8. Tim Richardson MIS Director
a. Approve Community Cyber Security grant
b. Approve CriMNet grant application
c. Historical Society system access
9. Confirm upcoming meeting schedule
1. Approve board minutes of May 18
2. Approve auditor warrants dated May 20 in the amount of $712,283.10
3. Approve HHVS warrants dated May 21 in the amount of $95,985.29
4. Approve HHVS warrants dated May 21 in the amount of $188,979.36
5. Approve auditor warrants dated May 27 in the amount of $157,165.74
6. Approve auditor warrants dated May 27, in the amount $520
7. Approve licenses Tobacco, 3.2 Beer, Liquor, Gambling, etc.
8. Approve personnel actions
9. Authorize Sheriff and MIS Director to sign 911 Emergency Telephone System Agreement, State of MN, and Hutchinson Telephone Company
10. Authorize Sheriff and MIS Director to sign 911 Emergency Telephone System Agreement State of MN, and Qwest Corporation
11. Approve HHVS agreements
12. Approve election administration contracts and authorize Auditor-Treasurer Anderson to sign and execute agreements 1)InterTechnologies Group for production and mailing of postal verification cards (2003-2005) and (2) data privacy agreement with MN Dept. of Public Safety for voter registration data transfer from drivers license application.
13. Refer Pine River/Backus School request to update "Welcome to Cass County" brochure to the 2005 Citizen Budget Committee
14. Refer MN Extension 2005 pricing for Extension Field positions to the 2005 Citizen Budget Committee
15. Approve appointment of Doug Sandstrom to MHB Advisory Board, through Jan. 1
16. Refer Association of Cass County Lakes request for land use policy input to ESD Advisory Board
17. Amend ESD fee schedule to include "camping cabins" (same rate as RV sites)
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.