CROSSLAKE -- The Crosslake Fire Department responded about 4 p.m. Monday to a fire at the Crosslake Lutheran Church.
The fire was caused by faulty wiring on lights behind a 20-foot cross inside the church, Crosslake Fire Chief Keith Anderson said.
The interior of the church sustained minor smoke damage. Crow Wing Power is investigating.
In addition to the Crosslake Fire Department, other agencies that responded included the Ideal and Mission fire departments, the Crosslake Police Department and North Ambulance.
Portable toilet burns
The Brainerd Fire Department responded to a report of a burning portable toilet at the Colonel's Brainerd international Raceway at 11:18 a.m. Monday.
Firefighters were canceled before they arrived on the scene.
The Brainerd Fire Department was called Monday at 6:25 a.m. to investigate a report of smoke at Pirate's Cove, 3995 Highway 371 North.
Firefighters discovered the smoke was fog used to kill insects.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.