Following are projects in a bonding bill the Legislature was due to vote on Tuesday. It calls for the state to borrow $189 million to help pay for $216 million in building and infrastructure improvements. Local matching funds make up the balance.
* $48.7 million in projects for the University of Minnesota, with half of that going to one new laboratory research building.
* $59.7 million in projects for the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, which will be spread across 17 projects on campuses statewide. St. Cloud State University has the biggest at $10 million.
* $5 million match to federal funds for Neighborhood House in St. Paul, century-old social service agency for immigrants, to help build a community center in Paul and Sheila Wellstone's name.
* $5.5 million for the Trollwood Performing Arts School in Moorhead.
* $3 million (tentatively) for the Minneapolis Planetarium, although the funding could be removed before a final vote.
* $9.8 million for flood mitigation, land acquisition and other projects. The largest is $2.7 million for the Como Park Conservatory.
* $5 million for the National Sports Event Center in Blaine.
* $25 million toward a new Guthrie Theater.
* $5 million for the Minneapolis Children's Theatre.
* $7.5 million, including $3.5 million for Winona harbor improvements needs and $2 million for other port development.
* $29.8 million for various economic development and civic center projects.
* $6 million for Roseau flood recovery and mitigation efforts.
* $5.4 million for Water and Soil Resource Board-administered projects.
(Source: Senate research)
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.