Meets 6 p.m. Tuesday
Pine River Town Hall (Maintenance Building)
2. Robert Yochum - Administrator.
a. Consent agenda.
b. Regional destination trail connection priorities.
3. Dave Enblom - Highway Engineer.
a. Approve placement of 4-way stop signs at intersection on CSAH 60 and C.R. No. 148-Cass Lake.
4. Public hearing - County road status revocation - Old County State Aid Highway No. 2.
5. Public hearing - Class B land exchange - Brad & Laura Zubke (Leech Lake Township - private land, Wilkinson Township - public land).
6. City of Pine River - Tax forfeit property.
a. Municipal well improvements on Barclay Avenue West, Pine River.
7. Terry Weber - Minnesota Forest Industries.
a. Update on the state of the forest products industry in Minnesota.
8. Paul Fairbanks - County Planner.
a. Approve Stockman Transfer Station agreement base rate adjustment.
b. Stockman Transfer contract amendment - revenue sharing.
c. Expand HHW program to include electronic items.
9. COL Weaver, Bill Brown - Camp Ripley.
a. Update on 2006 Economic Impact.
b. Present the 2007 annual training schedule.
10. Upcoming meeting schedule.
a. SWCD facilitated Development Standards preview meeting - Wednesday, May 30, 1 - 3 p.m., Land Department, Backus.
b. Move Tuesday, June 5 regular board meeting from Cass County Courthouse to Cass County Land Department Building, Backus.
1. Approve regular board minutes of May 1.
2. Approve auditor manual warrants dated April, in the amount of $1,126,965.96.
3. Approve auditor warrants dated May 3 in the amount of $228,724.16.
4. Approve HHVS warrants dated May 4 in the amount of $65,553.76.
5. Approve HHVS warrants dated May 4 in the amount of $53,216.67.
6. Approve auditor warrants dated May 10 in the amount of $ 276,005.96.
7. Receive and file monthly budget reports.
8. Approve licenses - tobacco, 3.2 beer, liquor, gambling licenses, etc.
9. Personnel items - appointments, resignations, etc.
10. Approve payroll expense for eight correctional officers in the amount of $23,898.04 for pay dates from March 17 - Apr. 13, for the Cass County fourth pod in the Crow Wing County Jail (capital fund).
11. Receive and file petition from landowners regarding Great River Energy power line proposed route.
12. Establish public hearing - Tuesday, June 5, 10:00 a.m., Cass County Land Department, Backus, power line easement request by Great River Energy.
13. Approve Saturday, Aug. 18 annual Cass County Auction of surplus property at the Cass County Highway Department, authorize advertisement for auctioneer services, and notify townships and cities of the opportunity to be included.
14. Receive and file EDC Activity Report for April.
15. Receive and file Interest Income report for April.
16. Approve assessor's office abatements.
17. Accept donation from Orhan Soykan in the amount of $8 overpayment of 2007 taxes.
18. Receive and file the Veterans Service Officer first Quarter, 2007 report.
19. Refer Weyerhaeuser Company request regarding the current Land Department Timber Policy to a Committee of the Board (Commissioners Foster and Kangas).
20. Award quotes for building demolition on tax forfeited land not to exceed $20,240.
21. Refer future Cass County Land Department landscape design to the ESD Department.
22. Approve law enforcement contract with the city of Remer, effective May 1 through April 30.
23. Refer Zoning Ordinance Enforcement Policy to county attorney, and Committee of the Board (Kangas, Peterson).
24. Approve resolution supporting the JOBZ Program.
25. Approve North Ambulance CPR and Automated Electronic Defibrillator training courses for Cass County employees.
26. Receive and file Will Pehling appointment to the SWCD Board replacing Harold Bruns, length of term until 2008 election.
27. Approve improvements to Pine River Shopping Block Unit No. 103 by the Pine River-Backus Family Center.
28. Receive and file Minnesota Session Laws 2007 - Chapter 52 adoption of the "Witham Bill".
Pillager School Board
Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
IV. Ehlers bonding proposals.
V. Visitors' comments.
VI. Consider consent agenda.
A. Minutes of the April 16 meeting.
B. Monthly cash flow including investments.
C. Consider donations: John Steblay - piano for Music Department; Prom - Yearbook Staff, Dondelinger's, Applebees, All Season's Tree Service, Snow's Body Shop; Paul Bunyan Bowl, Pillsbury Junction, Beimert Outdoors, Kim's Pizza, Goschs Grocery, The Landing, Rardin Excavating, Grizzly's, Papa Murphy's, Hardee's, Domino's, Tug and Judy Hengel, Grab-a-Java, Iven's on the Bay, Burger King, ARK Electric, Jack's House Bowling, Husky Booster Club; Wells Fargo - $271.14; Huskie Booster club - $4,425, team chairs.
VII. Board reports with possible action.
1. Budget Committee report.
2. Monthly bills paid.
3. Consider transportation contract.
4. Activity funds.
5. Authorization of 401a. Plan termination.
1. Personnel Committee report.
2. Consider Robyn Hummer's resignation.
3. Consider high school EBD position.
4. Consider elementary school DCD/Austistic position.
1. Freshwater Education District report.
1. Consider 2008-2009 school calendar.
2. First reading of proposed changes in policies: 202, 203.2, 206, 408, 420, 422, 620, 707, 806.
1. Activities Committee report.
2. consider fee schedules.
VIII. Special reports.
A. Secondary principal's report.
B. Elementary principal's report.
C. Superintendent's report.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.