Meets 7 p.m. Monday
Washington Educational Services Building
2. Delegations, petitions, communications.
3. Approval of minutes:
Regular school board meeting, April 9.
4. Consent calendar.
5. Claims and accounts .
Kara Erickson - elementary teacher (on leave) - effective at the end of the 2006-2007 school year.
Sharon Hurley - elementary teacher (on leave) - effective June 1.
Craig Karnitz - phyed teacher (on leave) - effective at the end of the 2006-2007 school year.
Meghan Kazmierczak - Forestview teacher - effective at the end of the 2006-2007 school year.
Judy Stevens - school psychologist - revise retirement date to May 31.
Mary Wied - German/English teacher (on leave) - effective June 15.
New certified employees
Tracy Beggs - Early Childhood teacher - MS Step 3, additional 40 days - effective 2007-2008 school year.
Bambi Cardias-O'Hern - 6th grade teacher - MS+30, Step 12 - effective 2007-2008 school year.
Robyn Hummer - special education teacher - MS Step 17 - effective 2007-2008 school year.
Melissa Lund - 8th Grade English teacher - MS+15, Step 9 - effective 2007-2008 school year.
Cory Olson - Career/Tech Ed teacher - BS Step 3 - effective 2007-2008 school year.
Krista Rauen - 7th Grade English teacher - BS Step 0 - effective 2007-2008 school year.
New non-teaching employees
Benjamin Tan - custodian, Forestview - 8 hr/day, 12 month - $2191/month - effective April 16.
Shirlee Bengston - educational assistant, Garfield - effective May 31.
Roberta Bohlke - secretary, co-op - effective July 13.
Barb Schwartz - Food Service, Baxter - effective May 31.
Sam Harrah - custodian - effective April 11.
Leaves of absence
5. New business
1. Amend length of school calendar 2006-2007 due to snow day March 2.
2. Resolution for membership for 2007-2008 - Minnesota State High School League.
3. World Language trips abroad - request for approval.
1. Family Services Collaborative - Ruth Gmeinder.
2. Schools for Equity in Education (SEE) - Lew Hudson.
3. MnCOLA (Minnesota Collaborative Online Learning Academy) - Ruth Gmeinder.
4. School board member reports - general.
5. Superintendent's report - Jerry Walseth.
6. Director of Business Services' report - Steve Dickinson.
Section B - Committee reports.
1. Building Committee - Lew Hudson.
2. Curriculum/Student Activities Committee - Ruth Gmeinder (met 5-4).
3. Finance/Insurance Committee - Bob Nystrom (met 4-19).
4. Legislative Committee - Kent Montgomery .
5. Long Range Planning Committee - Ruth Nelson (mtg 5-14).
6. Personnel Committee - Reed Campbell.
Crow Wing County
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
1. Brainerd Lakes Area Development Corporation Presentation - Sheila Haverkamp.
2. GIS report and presentation Doug Hansen.
3. Land use issues Bonnie Finnerty.
4. Long Lake Township Comprehensive Plan meeting date - Bonnie Finnerty.
Upcoming Committee Meetings:
Monday 9 a.m. Thirty Lakes Watershed District Advisory Board: Thirty Lakes Watershed District Office; 5 p.m. Crow Wing County Housing & Redevelopment Authority: Land Department Conference Room;
Tuesday 9 a.m. Committee of the Whole: Historic Courtroom; 5 p.m. Historical Committee: Crow Wing County Museum.
Wednesday 7:30 a.m. BLADC Liaison Committee: Mid-Minnesota Credit Union, Baxter; 9 a.m. MCIT Technical Training: St. Cloud Holiday Inn; 9 a.m. Central Minnesota Community Corrections Executive Committee: Meeting Room 1; 10 a.m. Central Minnesota Community Corrections Joint Powers Board: Meeting Room 1; 10 a.m. Open Bids S.A.P. 18-603-17 (CSAH 3): Jinx Ferrari Meeting Room; 10:10 a.m. Open Bids S.A.P. 18-616-16 (CSAH 16), Jinx Ferrari Meeting Room; 10:20 a.m. Open Bids S.A.P. 18-649-08 (CSAH 49) -Jinx Ferrari Meeting Room.
Thursday 10 a.m. Benefits Committee: Service Building Meeting Room 1; 5 p.m. TCC Board of Directors: TCC Office, Brainerd; 5:15 p.m. Board of Adjustment: Historic Courtroom; 7 p.m. - Kitchigami Library Board: Pine River.
Friday 9 a.m. Brainerd Lakes Area Chambers of Commerce
Regional Planning Public Land Subcommittee: Nor-son Office, Baxter; 9 a.m. Mississippi Headwaters Board: Walker; 9:15 a.m. State Community Health Services Advisory Committee: Minnesota Department of Health, St. Paul.
Monday, May 21 3 p.m. Trails Subcommittee: Land Department Conference Room.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.