Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
1. Call meeting to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent agenda.
A. Approval of council minutes of May 1 and Board of Review minutes of May 8.
B. Payment of bills and approval of finance report.
C. Accept Utilities Commissions minutes of May 2.
1. Approve the construction plans and storm water management report for the Central Lakes Crossing second addition project.
2. Approve the development agreement for the Central Lakes Crossing second addition project.
3. Approve the WSN proposal for engineering services and GIS Inc. for the Central Lakes Crossing second addition project.
4. Approve the Westwood Professional Services proposal for construction observation services for the Central Lakes Crossing second addition infrastructure installation in the estimated amount of $18,000.
5. Accept the Steve Vitale Letter of Resignation with regret and direct staff to advertise for a new Utility Commissioner member in the city newsletter and Brainerd Dispatch.
6. Approve the Anderson Brothers Construction quote for sediment removal between the Cypress Drive box culvert and the Paul Bunyan Trail in the amount of $2,340.
7. Approve Rice Lake Construction pay estimate No. 12 in the amount of $220,312.
8. Adopt the Resolution No. 07-5/2-1 receiving bids and awarding the contract to Tom's Backhoe Services of 323 Woodland Hills, Brainerd, in the amount of $1,319,541.20 for the 2007 Cedar Scenic area improvements.
9. Approve the WSN proposal for survey and engineering services for the 2007 Cedar Scenic area improvements in the estimated amount of $205,000.
10. Approve the Westwood Professional Services proposal for construction observational services for the "The Preserve" infrastructure installation in the estimated amount of $18,000.
11. Approve the transfer of property from Developers Diversified to the city of Baxter with contingencies.
12. Approve the storm water as modified and grant a variance on the 100 year storm water design for the city of Baxter as the developer (Baxter Town Center) has met and exceeded the original 100 year storm water design for a two lane road requirements for Cypress Drive.
D. Accept the quote from Quality Flow System, Inc. in the amount of $44,542 plus tax for lift station No. 21 for the Cedar Scenic area improvements project.
E. Accept Planning and Zoning Commission minutes of May 8.
F. Approve the protocol process for the Architectural Review Commission.
G. Adopt Resolution No. 07-5/2-2 approving gambling license renewal for the Paul Bunyan Nature Learning Center at Paul Bunyan Bowl.
H. Approve promoting officer Ann Hunnicutt to position of patrol sergeant as of May 16.
I. Approve the revised 2006 engagement letter with Larson Allen for the city's 2006 audit to include a single audit required for the federal grant for the Mississippi Overlook project.
J. Authorize staff to enter into contracts with Anderson Brothers and SEH for the additional two lane construction of Cypress Drive and amend the 2007 budget to account for the construction and its funding.
K. Adopt Resolution No. 07-5/2-3 amending the order for the Potlatch/W. Baxter AUAR.
L. Accept the resignation of Brad Christensen, approve the immediate hiring of a contract electrical inspector consistent with current budget appropriations and authorize staff to advertise the building inspector/electrical inspector at the current Grade 6 of the AFSCME pay grade as budgeted.
M. Set a council workshop for 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 5 to review the 2006 annual audit with Larson Allen.
5. Pulled agenda items.
6. Other business.
A. Judy Shire and Bob Miller, Crow Wing County Assessor's Office.
B. Community Behavioral Health Hospital Liaison Committee quarterly report.
C. Upcoming annual training schedule and special events for Camp Ripley - Major Konietzko and Brian Dirks.
D. Consider Region Five Development Commission's request for a resolution of support for the JOBZ program.
E. Arbor Glenn 2 tax increment application.
1. Consider Resolution 07-5/2-4, approving modifications to the development program for Development District Number One and approving tax increment financing plan for housing Tax Increment Financing District Number Eight.
2. Consider directing finance director Vacinek to work with the city's TIF consultants to draft the proposed Tax Increment Development Agreement between the city and the developer and certify the proposed Tax Increment District Number Eight with the Crow Wing County auditor.
F. Planning and Zoning.
1. Approve the minor subdivision plat of Jacob First Addition for Jacob Holdings of Baxter, LLC of 500 Ford Road, Minneapolis with conditions.
2. Approve the variance for setbacks and lot size for Chris and Julie Hunter of 14314 Shoreview Drive with conditions.
3. Approve the conditional use permit for grading and filling in the Shoreland for Chris and Julie Hunter of 14314 Shoreview Drive with conditions.
4. Approve the preliminary plat of Marshview Professional Center for Lakes Medical, LLC of 10004 Island Drive, Brainerd with conditions.
5. Approve the conditional use permit for a planned unit development to construct a multiple office campus for Lakes Medical, LLC of 10004 Island Drive, Brainerd per findings of fact and conditions.
7. Public comments.
9. Council comments.
A. Jim Klein - Industrial and Economic Development.
B. Rob Moser - Parks and Recreation.
C. Randy Hukriede - Long Range Planning.
D. Gary Muehlhausen - Utilities.
E. Darrel Olson - Planning and Zoning and mayoral comments.
10. City attorney.
11. City administrator's report.
12. Staff reports.
Morrison County Board weekly meetings
Monday 9 a.m. - South Country Alliance Joint Powers Board Meeting, Comfort Inn, 2345 43rd St NW, Owatonna.
Tuesday 8:30 a.m. - County Board Planning Session, County Board Room, Government Center, Little Falls; 5 p.m. - Meth Task Force Meeting, Meeting Room No. 3, Government Center, Little Falls.
Wednesday 9 a.m. - Community Corrections Executive Committee Meeting, Crow Wing County Courthouse Annex Building lower level meeting room, Brainerd; 10 a.m. - Community Corrections Joint Powers Board Meeting, Crow Wing County Courthouse Annex Building Lower Level Meeting Room, Brainerd.
Thursday 10:30 a.m. - Employee Association meeting, Meeting Room No. 3, Government Center, Little Falls; 10 a.m. - zoning ordinance review meeting, Historic Courthouse, Little Falls; 5 p.m. - TCC Board Meeting, TCC Office, Brainerd; 7 p.m. Town Hall Meeting with Senator Koering on past oil spill, Initiative Foundation, Little Falls.
Friday 9 a.m. - Mississippi Headwaters Board Meeting, Cass County Courthouse, Walker.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.