Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
9 a.m. Review consent calendar and correspondence
9:30 a.m. Call to order
1. Open forum.
2. Approve consent calendar.
a. Approve minutes of April 26.
b. Approve bills.
c. Certification of Satisfactory Grooming forms.
d. Minnesota Lawful Gambling Premises Permit applications.
3. Miscellaneous business.
a. County sheriff, out-of-state conference.
b. County assessor, employee requisition.
c. Land commissioner, review cartway petition and approve recommendation, Sec. 34, Roosevelt.
d. Facilities and parks director, request quotes for roadside spraying.
e. Award bid, building demolition Phase II.
f. Renewal liquor/wine license applications.
g. Designate May 15 as Peace Officers' Memorial Day.
h. Fixed asset threshold.
i. Fixed asset/inventory software.
j. Accounting intern.
k. TIP No. 1-3, city of Breezy Point (Marina Restaurant redevelopment).
l. Committee reports.
m. Additional business.
4. Planning and Zoning.
a. Zoning changes.
i. Greg Praska, Daggett Brook.
ii. Michael Rosenberg, Lake Edward.
b. EAW determination for Canyon Creek Meadows.
c. Final plat and zoning change Anderson Acres, Lake Edward.
d. ISTS Low Interest Loan Program amend loan amount.
e. Crow Wing Township Comprehensive Plan.
f. Request to close Planning and Zoning Office on May 24 for relocation.
g. PUD ordinance discussion/update.
5. Solid waste coordinator.
a. SCORE fund requests.
b. Fargo Landfill Gas Utilization Project.
6. Human Services Director.
a. County-based purchasing dispute resolution option.
b. Chemical Dependency Program letter of need Avalon.
7. Camp Ripley annual training schedule and economic impact.
8. County attorney, closed session to discuss Elks.
9. County administrator.
i. Recorder reclassification.
ii. P & Z reclassification.
iii. Parks Sr. Technical Clerk.
b. Smoke-free information meeting.
c. E-911 services amendment.
d. Personnel manual.
e. Animal control report.
i. Brainerd Restoration meeting May 10.
ii. Cass/Crow Wing County meeting May 17.
iii. Welcome Center ribbon cutting ceremony letter May 18.
iv. BLADC May 23.
g. 2006 budget preparation.
Upcoming committee meetings
Monday 4 p.m. PUD Task Force, Service Building Meeting Room 1.
Wednesday 9:30 a.m. Implementation Team (I-Team) meeting, MPCA; 11 a.m. Thirty Lakes/Crow Wing County Joint Powers Board, MPCA; 5:30 p.m. Parks Advisory Commission, Airport Conference Room.
Thursday 5 p.m. Planning Commission, Service Building Meeting Room 1.
Friday 10:30 a.m. Family Services Collaborative Governance Board, ISD 181 Administration Office/300 Quince Street, Brainerd.
Monday, May 16 4 p.m. Open House, zoning ordinance amendments, Service Building Meeting Room 1; 6 p.m. public hearing, zoning ordinance amendments, Service Building Meeting Room 1.
Thirty Lakes/Crow Wing County Joint Powers Board
Meets 11 a.m. Wednesday
1. Call to order.
2. Secretary's report of April 13.
3. Approve payment of expenses.
4. Next meeting date.
5. Miscellaneous business.
Staples City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
1. Approve agenda.
2. Approve consent calendar.
Minutes from previous meeting.
Payment of bills Japke and Niemann.
3. Senior Seminar class presentation.
4. Reconsider ordinance to allow bow and arrow hunting on certain non-agricultural parcels.
5. Consider requests from Chamber of Commerce for Railroad Days celebration on Aug. 26 - 27.
6. Consider second reading and adoption of ordinance granting a cable television franchise to Arvig Communication Systems.
7. Consider request from property owner at 307 7th Street SE for an extension of time to comply with a Building Maintenance Compliance order.
8. Discuss enforcement of public nuisance regulations relating to unlicensed and inoperable motor vehicles and machines.
9. Committee reports.
Water and Light Board.
* Consider scheduling public hearing to assess delinquent utility bill at 209 Third Street Southwest.
* Consider retaining Architecture One for architectural services to construct a street garage.
* Consider revised Safety Program (AWAIR) and Confined Space Entry Program.
* Consider tower site lease agreement with Northern PCS Services.
10. Open forum.
11. City Administrator's report.
12. Discussion brought forward by city council members.
Brainerd School Board
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
Washington Educational Services Building
1. Roll call.
2. Delegations, petitions, communications.
3. Approval of minutes.
* Regular school board meeting April 11.
4. Consent calendar.
Claims and accounts
* Certified resignations
Jennifer Aust 7th Grade English, Forestview effective at the end of the 2004-2005 school year.
Karrie Boser Dean of Students, Brainerd High School effective June 30.
Amber Richgels Math, High School effective at the end of the 2004-2005 school year.
* Non-teaching resignations
Jane Hanson Educational Assistant, Forestview effective May 27.
Deb Smude Food Service resignation effective date changed to April 21.
* Leave of absences.
5. New business.
1. Request for approval of overseas trips for 2005-2006 High School World Language Department.
1. Family Service Collaborative Ruth Gmeinder.
2. Schools for Equity in Education (SEE) Lew Hudson.
3. Superintendent's report Jerry Walseth.
4. Director of Business Services' Report Steve Dickinson.
Section B Committee Reports
1. Building Committee Bob Nystrom.
2. Curriculum/Student Activities Committee Ruth Gmeinder.
3. Finance/insurance Committee Bernie Roberts.
4. Legislative Committee Kent Montgomery.
5. Long Range Planning Committee Lew Hudson.
6. Personnel Committee Reed Campbell.
Pequot Lakes School Board
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of allegiance.
4. Approval of agenda.
5. Approval of past meeting minutes.
6. Treasurer's report.
7. Authorization of accounts paid/accounts payable/construction bills.
a. Student council.
d. Curriculum coordinator.
9. Consent agenda
a. Accept donations.
b. Adopt policy 607.5 class size.
c. Approval of tenure.
a. Staff resignations.
b. New staff contracts.
11. New business.
a. Policy first readings.
b. Resolution waiving 30-day notification period Breezy Point TIF district.
c. Resolution discontinuing and reducing educational programs and positions.
d. Resolution relating to the termination and non-renewal of teaching contracts Probationary teachers.
e. Resolution proposing to place teachers on unrequested leave of absence.
f. Gym floor resurfacing.
12. Announcements and meeting dates.
a. Set second meeting in May.
b. Committee meetings.
May 9 3:30 p.m. Curriculum; 4:30 Student Activities.
May 16 4:30 p.m. Policy; 5:30 p.m. Personnel.
May 17 4 p.m. Buildings and Grounds; 5 p.m. Finance.
May 23 4:30 p.m. Public Relations; 5:30 p.m. Buildings and Grounds.
June 6 4:30 p.m. Finance.
June 13 3:30 p.m. Curriculum; 4:30 p.m. Student Activities.
13. Closed session for negotiations planning.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.