Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Commissioners Board Room
1. Call to order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of agenda for discussion.
2. Robert Yochum, County Administrator.
a. Approve consent agenda.
b. Approve execution of Ah-Gwah-Ching grant agreements and approve deed format.
c. Award bids engineering services - Ah-Gwah-Ching re-use project utilities.
d. Report back on SCHA work session - Authorize equity payment.
3. Dorothy Opheim - HHVS Director.
a. Receive and file child placement costs for March, 2008, in the amount of $174,542.
b. Review and approval of the Mass Dispensing Site (MDS) Security Plan - Ane Rogers.
c. Approval to fill the child support enforcement aide position that will become vacant on May 30.
d. Community Resource Management Team (CRMT) Contingency Plan approval.
4. Steve Kuha - Assessor.
a. Approve Abatements.
b. Activity Reports.
c. Property tax trends. 5. Carolyn Upton - Walker Ranger District.
a. Cass County update.
b. Update on Willow River ditch restoration.
c. Discuss 25 percent payment to counties.
6. Norm Moody - Land Commissioner.
a. Public Hearing - Class A/B Land Exchange with the State of Minnesota.
b. Public Hearing - Class B Land Exchange, Tax Forfeited Land (Byron, McKinley, Poplar Townships) for county fee owned land (Becker, and Byron Townships).
7. Dave Enblom - highway engineer.
a. Receive and file 2007 Cass County Highway Financial Statement.
b. Award bids on 2008 Cass County maintenance projects.
c. Approve resolution agreement with MnDOT - Pine River Depot project.
8. John Sumption - ESD Director, Bob Kovanen - County Surveyor.
a. Update on FSA aerial photo project and control densification.
b. Approve application of SW Leech Lake Joint Powers Board - Conservation Fund No. 73.
c. Discuss building code requirements.
9. Michael Wetzel - Planning Commission, Jim Ballenthin - SWCD Board.
a. Update on Land Use Ordinance 2005 -01 - Development Standards Amendment.
b. Request for referral on technical ordinance amendments.
10. Paul Aplikowski - Wold Architects & Engineers.
a. Update on Courthouse Team Campus Design.
b. HVAC system repairs - Existing Courthouse.
11. Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
12. Adjourn and conduct Family Center work session, Benson's Eating Emporium, Walker, Noon.
1. Approve board minutes of April 22.
2. Approve HHVS Commissioner warrants dated April 18 in the amount of $190.46.
3. Approve HHVS Commissioner warrants dated April 18 in the amount of $281,673.68.
4. Approve HHVS auditor warrants dated April 18 in the amount of $93,077.09.
5. Approve auditor warrants dated April 24 in the amount of $1,349.
6. Approve auditor warrants dated April 24 in the amount of $333,792.27.
7. Approve HHVS auditor warrants dated April 18 in the amount of $120.62.
8. Approve HHVS auditor warrants dated April 30 in the amount of $171.
9. Approve auditor warrants dated May 1 in the amount of $48,589.65.
10. Approve personnel actions.
11. Approve licenses - Tobacco, 3.2 Beer, Liquor, Gambling, etc.
12. Accept donation of $1,000 from Leech Lake Association for the Sheriff's Office - lighted buoys for Leech Lake.
13. Receive and file - Timber auction results of April 24 totaling 12,584.40 cords plus 52.80mbf saw timber totaling $315,083.27.
14. Award grading contracts for forest access trails locations of - Deerfield/Beuber, Bungo/Moose Lake, Bull Moose Trails.
15. Approve transfer of Cass County Timber Permit No. 106147 and Cass County Timber Permit No. 107159 from Jim Swankier to John A. Croatt.
16. Receive and file correspondence from MPCA - Administration of MN Environmental Quality Board Environmental Review rules and local approvals.
17. Receive and file correspondence from United States Department of State - Notice of intent to prepare an Environmental Impact Statement and notice of Floodplain and Wetland Involvement - Enbridge Energy, Limited Partnership (Alberta Clipper Project).
18. Receive and file county logo apparel program.
19. Receive and file second half Score Block Grant from MN Pollution Control Agency.
20. Decline city of Federal Dam request for additional recycle bins.
21. Approve Cass County Personnel Rules and Policies.
22. Approve FY2008 Victim Services Grant Amendment No.1.(2008-CVS-00161) / 6900-2020 in the amount of $10,793.
23. Approve out of state travel for Deanna Johnson and Tammey Stacey, social workers, to travel out of state to Fargo, N.D. to attend the "Impact of Childhood Trauma" training on May 7 and 8.
24. Receive and file - Correspondence from the Cass County Historical Society thanking/requesting Cass County for 2008 contribution of $5,000.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.