Nine scholarships worth almost $3,000 were distributed to senior athletes at Monday's Brainerd Warriors All-Sports Banquet in the high school gym.
Six Brainerd Sports Boosters Club scholarships, totaling $1,800, were handed out.
Amy Kittelson and Brady Rutman, seniors with the highest grade-point averages in their class, each received $300 scholarships.
At-large scholarships presented by the boosters club, worth $300 apiece, went to Mike Zauhar, Cassie Pieri and Briana Lester. Jayme Burnard received a $300 boosters scholarship to attend Central Lakes College in Brainerd.
* Melissa Bordwell received the $350 KVBR-KLIZ Radio Loren Thompson Memorial Scholarship to attend CLC.
* Laura Clemens received the $200 Dan Duda Memorial Scholarship to attend CLC.
* Megan Whalen earned the $350 Jim Wallace Memorial Scholarship, given to an athlete pursuing a journalism career or an athlete who has superior writing or English skills.
* Silent Warrior Awards went to Marnie Whalen, Diana and Bruce Holbrook, Mary Lou Lorenz, Marie Ryan, Ruth Zauhar and Chuck Klang.
* Marnie Whalen received the Bud Schmid Award that recognizes the efforts of an assistant or junior high coach.
* Cub Foods joined the athletic department and boosters club in sponsoring this year's fete.
* Head coaches Heidi Hahn (volleyball), George Kohan (girls' soccer) and Chuck Whalen (girls' hockey), all of whom have resigned, were recognized.
* The boosters club donated $51,000 to Warrior athletics in the 2001-02 school year. The club has donated more than $750,000 to Warrior athletics since its inception.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.