Meets 9:30 a.m. Tuesday
1. Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Nominations for vice chair.
3. Open forum.
4. Review and approve minutes of April 10.
5. Review and approve agenda.
6. Miscellaneous business.
a. Information systems director, out of state travel request.
b. Highway department resolutions.
i. S.P. 18-030-02 right turn lanes and/or bypass lanes on CSAH 16 corridor.
ii. CSAH 21 culvert replacement/guard rail removal.
iii. CSAH 21 excess funds resolution.
c. Acknowledge Correctional Officer's Week.
d. Draft Letter: Commissioner Thiede.
e. Building and Grounds Committee recommendations.
f. Committee reports.
g. Additional business.
7. County auditor.
a. March 2007 YTD Financial Summary.
b. Tax applications.
c. Snowmobile Trails Assistance Program maintenance and grooming Certifications of Satisfactory Grooming.
d. Fiscal Year 2007 off highway vehicle grant agreements.
8. Planning and Zoning.
a. Secluded Land Company LLC's Pines on the Mississippi final plat, center.
b. William and Bonnie O'Brien rezoning request, Bay Lake.
c. Brian and Janet Hellberg rezoning request, Ideal.
d. Stanley and Nancy Sibbert rezoning request, Lake. Edward.
e. James and Marjorie Converse rezoning request, Center.
f. Tony and Wynnell Larson rezoning request, Mission.
g. Timothy and Eileen Kulseth rezoning request, Mission
h. Gregroy and Sharon Richards rezoning request, Perry Lake.
i. Conditional Use Permit exemption, Garrison Kathio West Mille Lacs Sanitary Sewer District.
9. Land commissioner.
a. Access to plat of Minnie Lake Shores city of Emily.
b. Review Bids award sales direct sale procedure.
c. Withhold tax forfeited lots from public sale Breezy Point.
d. Exchange deeds Whitetail Investments LLC/CWC Land Exchange.
e. Classify as Conservation/designate as Memorial Forest
Whitetail Investments LLC/CWC Land Exchange.
f. Review quotes award appraisal work Former Riverton
g. Informational spring clean-up Sebie Lake Area.
10. Human services director.
a. Human Rights Commission Grant.
b. Director's report.
11. Human resources director.
a. Hiring requests.
b. Replacement on county engineer.
c. Unpaid leave of absence request.
d. Veteran service officer selection.
e. AFSCME contract.
12. Continuation of public hearing, establishment of Love Lake
Improvement District (11:00).
13. County sheriff.
a. Safe and Sober grant.
b. Purchase of PDA's for sheriff's department
14. Jail Administration.
a. A'viands lease agreement of jail annex kitchen and storage
15. Health department.
a. Initiative Foundation Grant
b. Meth Prevention Efforts Committee transition planning.
c. Dental varnishing program.
16. County attorney.
a. Authority of committees to change bylaws.
b. Report back on noise ordinance.
Upcoming committee meetings:
April 22-28: National County Government Week.
Monday 9 a.m. Thirty Lakes Watershed District Advisory Board: Thirty Lakes Watershed District Office; 7 p.m. - Crow Wing County Association of Township Officers: Mission Township Hall.
Tuesday 9 a.m. Building and Grounds Committee and CAM: Historic Courtroom.
Wednesday 9 a.m. - Northern Pines Mental Health Board: Little Falls; 1 p.m. - Crow Wing County Sanitary Management District Board: Land Department Conference Room.
Thursday 5 p.m. - Planning Commission: Historic Courtroom; 7 p.m. - Region 5 Development Commission: Staples.
Friday 5 p.m. - Deadline for Thirty Lakes Watershed District applicants.
Staples City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
1. Approve agenda.
2 Approve consent calendar:
Minutes from previous meeting.
Payment of bills - Japke and Miles.
3. consider pawnbroker's license application from Cody Nelson of Iron Hills West Gun and Pawn - City attorney Kruegar.
4. Consider purchase agreement with Mike Hudalla for the sale of Outlot A in First Addition to High View Estates and Outlot B in Third Addition to High View Estates and consider first reading of ordinance authorizing the sale.
5. Public hearing at 7:15 p.m. on proposed 2007-2011 capital improvement program as recommended by Planning and Zoning Commission.
6. Consider request from the Stomping Grounds coffee shop to designate the parking space behind the business as handicap parking.
7. Consider establishing sergeant position in the police department.
8. Consider 2006 year end financial adjustments.
9. Consider cooperative construction agreement with MnDOT on Highway 10 realignment project.
10. Consider Utility Relocation Agreement with mnDOT on Highway 10 realignment project.
11. Schedule public hearing on realigned Highway 10 improvements for May 22 at 7:05 p.m.
12. Committee reports:
Forestry and Beautification Board
- Consider Staples Memorial Tree program.
- Proclamation May 10, 2007, as Arbor Day.
Planning and Zoning Commission.
12. Open Forum.
13. City Administrator's report.
14. Discussion brought forward by council members.
Little Falls School Board
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
Morrison County Government Center
1. Call to order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Approval of agenda.
4. Public comments.
5.1 State Knowledge Bowl participants and coaches.
5.2 State Economics Championship participants and coach.
5.3 GOAL - Grade One at the Library.
6. Open enrollment study.
7. Consent agenda
7.1.2 Extended leave of absence.
7.1.4 Change in Retirement date.
7.2 Approval of prior meeting minutes.
7.3 Donation to scholarship fund.
8. Reports from board members.
9. Superintendent's report.
10. Old or unfinished business.
11. New business.
11.1 Approval of Archery in the Schools' program.
11.2 Third Quarter budget.
11.3 Transportation contract.
11.4 Budget Addendum.
11.5 2007-2008 Capital Projects.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.