Little Falls City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
1. Call to order/determination of quorum/Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Approval of agenda.
3. Approval of minutes.
4. Approval of bills.
5. Awards, donations, presentations and proclamations.
1) American flags, American Legion Post 46.
6. Citizens appeals and petitions.
a. Citizens appeals.
7. Consent agenda.
a. Animal Control report, March 2008 - Receive.
b. Consumer Confidence Report, 2007 drinking water report, water treatment facility - Receive.
c. Dance permits, Little Falls Convention and Visitors Bureau, Dam Festival - Approve.
D. Housing and Redevelopment Authority minutes, March 2008 - Receive.
e. Lawful Gambling License renewal, American Legion Post 46 - Approve.
h. Personnel Policy 21, training - Approve.
i. Police Department reports, March 2008 - Receive.
j. Policy No. 22, purchasing, purchase orders and expense reports - Approve.
k. Policy No. 44, Carnegie Library board bylaws - Approve.
l. Temporary roadway closing permits, Little Falls convention and Visitors Bureau, Dam Festival - Approve.
n. Temporary sidewalk closing permit, Little Falls Convention and Visitors Bureau, Dam Festival - Approve.
8. Public hearings and lettings.
a. Public hearings.
1) Fire "Tanker Truck" bids - receive and consider award.
9. Old business.
a. Authorize re-advertisement, Clubhouse supervisor, golf course - authorize chair/PW director.
b. Change Order No. 1, Kraemer Trucking and Excavating, dewatering, PIR - Approve.
c. Change Order No. 1, Larson Excavating, Public Improvements 342 - Approve.
d. Eighth Avenue Southeast Railroad Improvements - approve.
e. Ordinance No. 144 Fifth Series "...Communication Towers..." - Adopt.
f. Ordinance No. 4, amend city code, background check employees - Adopt.
10. New business.
a. Authorize execution of agreement, grant easement, School District 482 - Authorize.
b. Mayor's appointment, administrative hearing judge - Approve.
c. Order of Repair, septic tank/sewage leak, 927 Lindbergh Drive South - Affirm and ratify.
d. Ordinance No. 5, amend city code, false alarms - Introduce.
e. Police Department Annual Report - Receive.
f. Resolution 2008-34, approve plans and specifications and call for bids, Public Improvement 349 - Adopt.
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
County Board Room
1. Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Open forum.
3. Review and approve minutes.
3.1. April 4 special county board meeting.
3.2. April 8 regular county board meeting.
3.3. April 11 special county board meeting
3.4. April 15 Committee of the Whole meeting.
4. Review and approve county board meeting agenda.
5. Approve consent agenda.
5.1. Donation - ETOC Company, Inc.
5.2. Premises gambling Permit - Brainerd Snodeos.
5.3. Premises gambling permit - Crosby-Ironton-Aitkin Youth Hockey
5.4. Exempt gambling permit - Minnesota school Bus Operators Association.
5.5. Exempt Gambling Permit - Crow Wing County Fair Association.
5.6. Certifications of Satisfactory Grooming - Cuyuna Range Snowmobile Trails, Inc. and Fort Ripley North Country Trail Busters.
5.7. Certifications of Trail Closure/application submission - all Crow Wing County snowmobile trail clubs (9 Clubs).
5.8. 2008 tobacco license renewal.
5.9. Tax applications.
6. Miscellaneous business.
6.1. Crow Wing County Drug Court Joint Powers Agreement.
6.2. Resolution to advertise for bids for Project S.P. 18-030-03 on CSAH 16.
6.3. WesMin Resource Conservation and Development Assessment.
6.4. Committee reports.
6.5. Additional business.
7. Public hearing - Kimball Lake Improvement District.
8. Continuation of public hearing for Sibley Lake Improvement District.
9. Planning and Zoning Department.
9.1. James Hardy - rezoning request, Jenkins T.
9.2. Daniel and Kimberly Ellis - rezoning request, Perry Lake.
9.3. Jacob Bednar - rezoning request, Long Lake.
9.4. Terrance Allen Drahosh - rezoning request, Bay Lake.
9.5. Allan and Pamela Minks - rezoning request, Roosevelt.
9.6. Gary and Leslie Severson - rezoning request and Preliminary Plat Approval, Haycreek Grove, Ideal.
9.7. Bernard and Roberta Chapman - Chapman's Whispering Pines First Addition- Final Plat Approval, Ross Lake
9.8. Steridian, LLC - Oakridge Commercial Park - Final Plat Approval,
9.9. Victor and Janet Lien, waive after-the-fact fee.
9.10. Discussion regarding one Board of Adjustment meeting per month
9.11. Mark Ronnei - ordinance amendment, amend official zoning ordinance involving Article 34, Resort Standards, Sub 34.2.B: Resort, Shared Capital.
10. Land commissioner.
10.1. Review appraisal quotes/award work - sale to city of Breezy Point.
10.2. Authorize signatures/seedling management contract - PRT.
10.3. Authorize quotes.
10.3.1. Forest road maintenance.
10.3.2. Site preparation and release.
10.3.3. Forest trail mowing.
10.3.4. County roadside spraying for noxious weeds.
10.4. Receive Annual Weed Report - 2007.
11. Waste Management director.
11.1. SCORE Fund requests.
11.2. Waive tipping fee request.
12. Human resources director.
12.1. Director of Land Services employment.
12.2. Restructuring of Recorder's Office.
12.3. Hiring request due to restructuring of support staff division with sheriff's office.
13. County auditor.
13.1. 2008-2009 Minnesota Trail Assistance Program applications.
13.2. Dog ordinance - City of Ironton.
14. Leadership Team report
15. Other board activities.
15.1. The following list includes Crow Wing County meetings that may be attended by one or more members of the Crow Wing County Board:
April 21-25 - Severe Weather Awareness Week.
Monday, Crow Wing County Association of Township Officers Annual Meeting: Bay Lake Township Hall.
Wednesday, 9 a.m., Northern Pines Mental Health Board: Little Falls.
Thursday, 1:45 p.m., Statewide Tornado Drill; 7 p.m. - Region 5 Development Commission: Staples.
Friday, 3 p.m., Quotes Due - Archaeological Survey for Milford Mine: Deliver to Land Department; 3:10 p.m. Quotes Due - archaeological survey for parcel in City of Emily: Deliver to Land Department.
Cass County Board
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
1. Call to order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of agenda for discussion.
2. Robert Yochum - county administrator.
a. Consent agenda.
b. Report back on the AMC legislative conference.
c. Approve timeline targets and related action items for reuse of Ah-Gwah-Ching.
d. Approve hiring Highway Department's 2008 summer seasonal/temporary personnel.
e. Refer possible Wabedo Twp./Longville Maintenance Shop project to a Committee of the Board.
f. Request to be heard - Alan Johnson - Pine River Sanitary District.
3. Norm Moody - Land Commissioner, Josh Stevenson - Assistant Land Commissioner.
a. Approve James Lewis 33' wide easement in Sec. 17, Twp. 14 on Rge. 29W (Woodrow Twp).
b. Approve denial of easement request - Lots 2 and 3, Block 2, Soo Addition to Remer.
c. Authorize easement and move completion date for building permit compliance to Aug. 1, for Mark Boller trespass in Kego Township.
d. Report back on AdHoc Committee referrals.
e. Certificate of Appreciation - Terry McGaughey, Marlon Perry.
4. John Sumption - ESD Director.
a. Approve Initiative Foundation - Healthy Lakes & Rivers Partnership Grant Application in the amount of $20,000.
b. Receive and file 1st quarter permits and revenue.
c. Land use reclassification process and value impact (Steve Kuha).
d. Approve Cass County to act as fiscal agent for Pine Mountain Lake Conservation Club (Initiative Foundation Grant) and approve $3,000 county grant (Fund No. 73).
5. Randy Fisher - Sheriff, Tom Burch - Chief Deputy Sheriff.
a. Receive and file draft copy of Northeast Minnesota Regional Radio Board.
b. Approval to trade Gull Lake boat for purchase of Warrior Boat to Musky House Marine.
c. Approval to transfer jailer and dispatcher employees to Road Deputies.
6. COL Rich Weaver, Marty Skoglund - Camp Ripley.
a. Present 2008 annual training schedule.
b. 2007 economic impact.
c. Environmental briefing.
7. Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
a. South Country Health Alliance Meeting, Tuesday, April 29, 2 p.m., at the Crow Wing County Land Services Meeting Room No. 1, 322 Laurel Street, Brainerd, MN.
1. Approve board minutes of April 1.
2. Approve manual warrants dated March, 2008, in the amount of $1,018,605.58.
3. Approve manual warrants dated Batch No. 2 March, 2008, in the amount of $10,000.
4. Approve HHVS auditor warrants dated March 31, in the amount of $ 65.
5. Approve auditor warrants dated April 3, in the amount of $375,024.01.
6. Approve HHVS Auditor warrants dated April 4, in the amount of $109,730.33.
7. Approve HHVS Commissioners Auditor warrants dated April 4, 2008 in the amount of $71,364.36.
8. Approve auditor warrants dated April 10, in the amount of $679,313.92.
9. Approve auditor warrants dated April 17, in the amount of $307,381.54.
10. Receive and file - monthly budget reports.
11. Approve personnel actions.
12. Approve licenses - tobacco, 3.2 beer, liquor, gambling, etc.
13. Receive and file auditor-treasurer's Interest Income Report for March 2008.
14. Receive and file Cass County EDC March 2008 Activity Report.
15. Approve pay request for courthouse pre-design project, Wold Architects and Engineers in the amount of $14,800.64 (capital fund).
16. Approve Assessor's Office Abatements.
17.Approve recommendation of AdHoc Committee to hire legal counsel to advise on the Willow River/Big Rice Lake Restoration Project ditch authority.
18. Approve payment of adjusted invoice from Crow Wing County for costs associated with Cass County 4th Pod in the Crow Wing County Jail (capital fund) in the amount of $3,876 and refer pay to stay to Citizen Budget Committee.
19. Receive and file correspondence from Tamra Laska Crow Wing County Human Resource Director thanking Norm Moody and John Sumption for assistance in the selection of the Crow Wing County Director of Land Services.
20. Receive and file correspondence from Mississippi Headwaters Board on the proposed ATV trail system in the Mississippi Headwaters State Forest.
21. Receive and file 2008 jail inspection from Department of Corrections.
22. Approve Pine River US Post Office located at 330 Barclay Ave. West, Pine River, renewal lease option extension to June 30, 2011, annual rate of $37,125.
23. Authorize first quarter Longville Ambulance Subordinate Service District payment in the amount of $88,250.
24. Receive and file Cass SWCD action on WesMin request.
25. Receive and file Emergency Management Departmental update.
26. Approve correspondence addressed to Honorable James Oberstar, Chair to the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee regarding the Clean Water Restoration Act in Congress.
27. Receive and file the 2008 Cass County delinquent real property tax list and tax forfeiture report.
28. Approve the out of state travel for Marlee Morrison, PHN, to Seattle Washington for the NACCHO Conference on Preparedness Tools, May 14 - 16, 2008. All travel costs are covered by NACCHO.
29. Approve the Family Planning Special Projects Service Agreement between Cass County Health, Human & Veterans Services and the Ottertail - Wadena Community Action Family Planning Program for provision of women's health services.
30. Receive and file monthly Cash Accounts Report to date, March 31, in the amount of $5,499,842.
Morrison County Board
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
1. Call to order by chairman.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Approval of county board minutes.
4. Additions/deletions to the agenda.
5. MCIT report - Bruce Underdahl.
6. Sheriff's report.
7. Social service report.
8. Public health report.
9. Treasurer's report.
10. Public works report.
11. Auditor's report.
12. County board warrants.
13. Administrator's report.
14. Committee reports/upcoming schedule.
Tuesday: 9 a.m., County Board of Commissioners meeting, County Board Room, Government Center, Little Falls.
Wednesday: 9 a.m., Northern Pines Board Meeting, Northern Pines Office, Little Falls; 10 a.m. Tech Committee Meeting, Meeting Room #1, Government Center, Little Falls; 6:30 p.m. - Town Hall Forum on Underage Drinking, Initiative Foundation, Little Falls.
Thursday: 6:30 p.m., Region 5 Board & Development Commission Meeting, Region 5 Office, Staples.
Friday:10 a.m., Board of Health Meeting, TJ Maxwell's Restaurant, Staples.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.