DEERWOOD - A fire damaged a kitchen in a Deerwood home on Friday but firefighters and the Deerwood Police Department kept the fire from spreading.
The fire was reported about 2 p.m. Friday on the 19500 block of Nokay Lake Road. Deerwood Fire Chief John Taylor said a home occupant called to report the fire, which burned cabinets and damaged the stove and microwave. Taylor said the fire may have been caused by a malfunction in the oven or have been electrical. No one was injured. The Deerwood Police Department was first on the scene and used an extinguisher on the fire to keep it small before the firefighters arrived, Taylor said.
In another incident, the Brainerd Fire Department responded to a small fire in the woods on the 700 block of South Sixth Street at 7:53 p.m. Friday. No structures were damaged and no one was injured.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.