Monday 3 p.m. PUD Task Force, Service Building Meeting Room 1.
Tuesday 8 a.m. Building and Grounds Committee & CAM (Core Planning Group), CAM; 9:30 a.m. Brainerd Lakes Regional Airport Commission, Airport Conference Room.
Thursday 2 p.m. Open bids Annual pavement markings, Commissioners' Room; 2:15 p.m. Open quotes, appraisal for Presbyterian Clearwater Forest Land Exchange, Commissioners' Room; 2:20 p.m. Open quotes Trail mowing services, Commissioners' Room; 2:30 p.m. Open bids Crow Wing County mechanical connections/remodeling, Commissioners' Room; 5:15 p.m. Board of Adjustments, Welton Hall in Elks Club Building.
Monday, April 11 1 p.m. Extension Committee, Service Building Meeting Room 1; 5 p.m. Crow Wing County Housing and Redevelopment Authority, County Administrator's Office.
Brainerd City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent Calendar.
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on March 21 and the special meeting held on March 28.
B. Approval of 2005 Licenses Recommended by City Administrator Vogt.
1. Contractor's licenses - 4 - Renewals.
C. Department reports.
1. Mayor's report of activities distributed to council.
2. Fire Chief's report of activities distributed to mayor and council.
D. Investment Policy - No changes recommended approval of.
E. Interlocal agreement between the city of Brainerd and the county of Crow Wing 2005 Byrne Justice Assistance
F. Approval of Bills Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
5. Presentation of Plaque to Ms. Kay LaFrance, Director of the Northland Arboretum Mayor Wallin.
6. Unfinished Business.
A. Public Hearing -- Final Reading -- Proposed Ordinance No. 1258 -- An ordinance amending the Brainerd City Code by adding Section 435 regulating manufactured home park closings -- City Administrator Vogt recommends dispensing with the actual reading.
B. Adoption of a resolution authorizing creation of a joint Airport Zoning Board including appointment of two members to the board.
C. Northtown Park dedication fees/land proposal.
D. Wastewater treatment plant upgrade Joint Meeting.
7. New Business.
A. Public Meeting to discuss fair housing requirements.
8. Public Forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the council. Time limits may be imposed.
B. City attorney.
C. City administrator.
D. City engineer.
E. City planner.
F. Fire chief.
10. Council Committee reports.
A. Safety and Public Works Committee.
B. Personnel and Finance Committee.
C. Other Committees Special Kitchigami Regional Library Board Meeting.
11. Committee Resignations Recommended by Mayor Wallin and Council President Bevans.
A. Mr. Dave Pueringer Parking Commission Effective March 21.
B. Ms. Caron Long Planning Commission Effective March 22.
12. Committee Appointment.
A. Mr. Joe Rubado fire department representative Character Initiative
13. Call for Applicants.
A. Cable Advisory Board two four-year terms to expire 1/1/2009.
B. Parking Commission three three-year terms to expire 1/1/2008.
C. Planning Commission one term to expire 0 1/01/2007.
D. Character Initiative Committee.
Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets 6:45 p.m. Monday
1. Cable TV franchise fee increase Discussion of.
2. Police department budget amendment.
3. Fund transfer for Debt Service Levy.
4. Volunteer Recognition Dinner expenses.
5. Assessments on former state hospital land.
6. 10th annual Kiwanis Community Cleanup Blitz Request for Funding.
7. Arena improvements status report.
8. Appointment of Mr. Jacob McLellan to the position of paid on-call firefighter effective April 5 Recommended by Fire Chief Underhill.
Safety and Public Works Committee
Meets 6 p.m. Monday
1. Wetland exemption.
2. Box culvert agreement.
3. Permanent road easement Trinity Lutheran Church.
4. Parking resolution.
5. Improvement 05-06 Post office angle parking.
6. Request to close street for auction.
7. Bids for demolition at 717 - Seventh Avenue Northeast.
8. Request from Tabernacle Skate Park.
9. G.P.S. receiver/data collector.
10. Sweet Memories.
11. Granite Parkway.
12. Re-certify assessment, improvement 00-13.
13. Sign permit fees.
Baxter City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
1. Call meeting to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent agenda.
A. Approval of council minutes, PUD minutes, Joint Council/Utilities Commission minutes and Joint Council/Commissions minutes of March 15, 23, 24 and 30..
B. Payment of bills and approval of finance report.
C. Accept Utilities Commission minutes of March 23.
1. Approve the Northwoods Estates Plans and Specifications with contingencies.
2. Approve the Haglin Office Park Developers Agreement and plans and specification with contingencies.
3. Recommend the Baxter Economic Development Authority approve the WSN proposal for engineering services for the 2005 Industrial Park and Evergreen Drive revisions feasibility report.
4. Approve partial pay estimate #8 in the amount of $5,250 for the 2004 Meredith, Norway and Lancer Area Utility Improvements.
D. Accept Parks and Recreation Commission minutes of March 28.
1. Direct staff to refer with the city attorney to check on assessing park land dedication fees and report back to the commission.
2. Approve completing a topographic survey of Oscar Kristofferson Park for an estimated amount of $5,000 contingent on Finance Department approval.
E. Accept donation to Pond Hockey Programs from M. G. Carlson Construction.
F. Approve donations to Baxter Recreation Program from Audrey Woelfel.
G. Approve the appointment of Officer Shane Ahrend to sergeant.
5. Pulled agenda items.
6. Other business.
A. Terry Holm Online Inline race.
B. Public hearing for JOBZ business subsidy for Stern Industries 7:30 p.m.
C. Jerry Walseth Government Channel.
D. Post Office discussion/resolution.
E. Approve city hall space needs study.
7. Public comments.
9. Council comments.
A. Mark Cross Industrial and Economic Development and other comments.
B. Rosemary Franzen Parks and Recreation and other comments.
C. Randy Hukriede Long Range Planning and other comments.
D. Gary Muehlhausen Utilities and other comments.
E. Darrel Olson Planning and Zoning, Personnel and Police and other comments, mayoral comments.
10. City attorney.
11. City administrator's report.
A. Resolution supporting state-wide sales tax bill in Senate.
12. Staff reports.
A. Chief Jim Exsted In squad/records Management Computer Systems.
13. Adjourn to closed meeting for union strategy update.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.