AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY Marcie Larsen 829-6212, email@example.com
* Office Help Answer phones, office work, computer work, help with mailings, etc. Flexible hrs. 4 hours per week M-F.
AMERICAN RED CROSS NORTHERN LAKES AREA Pat Charlson or Deb 829-4004, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Lifeline Installer Install client Lifeline units. Training provided. Vehicle required. Thursdays, 12:30 p.m. 3:30 p.m.
* Teach youth classes Safe on My Own (a program for latch key kids), BAT (basic first aid training for kids K-3), and FACT (first aid for children 8-10 years old).
* Family Caregiver instructor For adults that are caring for someone in their home with a disability such as Alzheimer's, dementia, or a loved one that has physical limitations.
BETHANY GOOD SAMARITAN Illa Hines 825-2505
* Coffee Shop Volunteers Various shifts are available, especially on weekends.
* Evening Bowling Helpers Mondays at 6:30 p.m.
* Bird Care Help with feeding the birds and the cleaning of the aviary. Wednesday afternoons.
* Hair Care Escorts Substitute escorts needed. Hours are from 9 a.m. 12 noon.
* Hosts/Hostesses Monday and Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 2:00 p.m.
* Popcorn Poppers Substitute popcorn poppers needed Fridays at 7:30 a.m.
* Piano Players Substitute piano players needed for the Hymn Sing. Various days and times of the week.
BOY SCOUTS Pat Iten, 825-0165
* Scoutmaster Remember how much it meant to you to be a Boy Scout? Why not share that memory with the next generation by becoming one of our highly valued "Scoutmasters." The boys at Baxter Lions Troop 36 are counting on you!
BRAINERD PUBLIC LIBRARY 829-5574
* Library Aide -- Shelve books and other library materials. 2 hrs per day or week.
BRAINERD REGIONAL HUMAN SERVICES CENTER Carol Rose 828-2420, email@example.com
* Canteen Room volunteer Assist in the Canteen ( because of licensing must be over 21). Your choice of day.
* Donation Room volunteer Open the donation room for patients once a week for 11_ hours. Organize the room and remove clothing that is in poor condition. Any day, Monday through Friday from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
* Sewers Volunteers needed to sew pajamas and/or aprons. Sew at the center or in your own home. All materials supplied.
BRAINERD SALVATION ARMY
* Thrift store associate We are in need of donation sorters, sales floor organizers and displayers. Call Sue or Sherry 218-822-3559
BREATH OF LIFE Bob Schricker 822-3296
* Program Assistant Assist with crafts, music, storytelling, reading, making cookies, clean-up, serving "goodies" and beverages. Answer the phone, assist elderly participants with coats and hats, walkers, canes and wheelchairs. Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m. Hours and days are flexible.
BRIDGES OF HOPE Tami Lucek 218-825-7682
* Office Assistant Assist with clerical tasks, data collection, computer work, mailings, etc. Monday Friday. Flexible days/ hours.
CONFIDENCE LEARNING CENTER Mary Harder 828-2344, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Lodge Custodian Assist in keeping the Mariucci Lodge clean. Light dusting, vacuum in the corners, wash windows, etc. 1-2 days week, flexible hours between 9:00 a.m. & 4:00 p.m.
* 2nd Annual Diamond in the Rough Clean-Up Looking for 100+ people to help make camp shine. Paint tables, power wash buildings, install docks, rake leaves, clean cabins, etc. May 7, 2005. 9:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m.
* Rendezvous Program Assistant Assist with facilitating activities during our evening programs. Themes of programs range from environmental education, to fishing, to beach parties. 2nd Thursday of each month from 4:00 p.m. 8:00 p.m.
* Administration Assistant Need 1-3 volunteers to assist with a variety of tasks. Could include answering phones, data entry, correspondence, computer work and mailings. Always have a need. Flexible days and times, Monday Friday.
CRISIS LINE & REFERAL SERVICE Charlotte Stokes 828-4515, email@example.com
* Crisis Intervention Phone Volunteer Provide crisis information and referral services to callers and assist them to explore their thoughts, feelings and alternatives. 24-hour hotline . Days and hours are flexible.
CROW WING COUNTY HISTORICAL MUSEUM Mary Lou 829-3268
* Museum Greeter Help out one day a week (or "on call" sub) by answering phone, greeting visitors and selling merchandise. This position has a time commitment of one day a week on Tues, Thurs or Fri from 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
CROW WING COUNTY UNITED WAY Laura 829-2619
* Special Events Coordinator Help plan United Way Special Events: Victory Celebration, Chili Cook off, and Day of Caring. Days and hours are flexible.
* Marketing Volunteer Opportunity available to be part of a marketing committee. Volunteer would be designing brochures, newspaper ads, etc. Days and hours are flexible.
CWC SOCIAL SERVICES Donna Bestul 824-1253 or RSVP Volunteer Services 824-1345
* Driver -- The fact is that not everyone has someone. Sadly, we have a large portion of our population that is not able to drive and get to medical or other important appointments. That is unless you could help. You choose the volunteer drives you want, you choose long distant or local, and we will cover the gas at 40.5 cents per mile.
CUYUNA COUNTRY HERITAGE PRESERVATION SOCIETY 218-545-1166 firstname.lastname@example.org
* Scanner and Database manager Database and scanning expertise needed. Scan and catalog historical photographs using zip drive and MS Access software.
* Typist Help with transcriptions of oral histories.
* Oral history interviewer Visit with our neighbors who have not yet given their stories in order to tape-record that family's oral history. Training is provided.
* Clerical/office assistance Provide administrative support by assisting with a variety of general office tasks.
CUYUNA REGIONAL CARE CENTER Gail Wannebo 218-546-2302
* Music Perform live music for residents. One time monthly
* Card Player Play cards with residents. Flexible to your schedule.
* Shopper Run errands for residents. One day a week.
* Companion Be a companion to a resident on outings with staff.
* Craft person Do crafts with residents.
FOSTER GRANDPARENT/SENIOR COMPANION PROGRAM Marcia Ferris 1-877-612-6243 email@example.com
* FGP- 1:1 attention to children in schools, Headstart, shelters, pre-schools. Tax-free stipend, meals, mileage and volunteer liability insurance provided. M-F, 10-20 hours per week.
* SCP Retirees helping at-risk seniors continue living independently. Tax-free stipend, meals, mileage and volunteer liability insurance provided. M-F, 10-20 hours per week.
GIRL SCOUTS LAND OF LAKES COUNCIL Monica Husen 828-3515, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Co-leader needed to help with troop activities, volunteers to drive or teach a skill. 1.5 hours per week.
* Troop Helper Help teach girls a skill, drive for an event or just be an extra person to help at meetings. Hours vary.
GOOD SAMARITAN HOME HEALTH CARE Illa Hines, Volunteer Coordinator 825-2505 or Judy Bradley, RN 825-2503
* Companion Be a companion to in-home clients who need contact with another special person. Help with letter writing, opening and sorting mail, making grocery lists but most importantly, just being there with open ears and a loving heart. Volunteer and client will setup days and times. Training provided.
HEARTLAND ANIMAL RESCUE TEAM (H.A.R.T.) Linda 829-4141 email@example.com
* Volunteer coordinator Coordinate/ manage volunteers and assist in overseeing projects.
HOME HEALTH PARTNERSHIP Danna Potter, LSW 218-927-5547 or 1-800-698-2311, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Hospice Volunteer Provide spiritual support to hospice patients in their own homes. The volunteer and patient determine the days and hours. Approximately 4-6 hours a month.
* Mentor Spend 2-3 hours each week with a child doing everyday activities in your home or at community events. After school or weekends. We are in need of 30 adult mentors. Pam 829-4606, Jean 568-4015, Rebecca 546-7308
LAKES AREA HABITAT FOR HUMANITY Kevin or Laurie 828-8517 email@example.com
* Retail/ReStore staff Volunteers are needed to help staff the Habitat ReStore (re-usable materials store) for the following positions: cashier, sales clerk, stock management. Stock management requires some lifting ability. Training provided for all positions. ReStore hours are Thursday 11:00 a.m. 7:00 p.m., Friday 9:00 a.m. 3:00 p.m. and some Saturdays 9:00 a.m. Noon. Two, four or six hour shifts are available.
LAKES AREA SENIOR ACTIVITY CENTER DeAnne Barry 829-9345
* Receptionist Answer phones and greet people. 4 hour shifts. Choose from morning 8:30 a.m. 12:30 p.m. or afternoon 12:30 p.m. 4:00 p.m.
* Bingo Caller Call bingo games for seniors once a month. Wednesdays from 12:30 p.m. 3:00 p.m.
* Donut Helper Fry, mix and frost donuts on Thursdays from 4:00 a.m. done.
* Program Planner Help plan and organize programs such as bus trips, day travel, parties, and dances. Hours flexible.
LSS SENIOR NUTRITION PROGRAM Nancy Henke 824-6026
* Kitchen help and drivers Families or individuals of any age are needed to help with the Lakes Area Senior Activity Center's Senior Citizen Meal Program. Volunteers are needed in the kitchen and delivering Meals on Wheels. We will work with your schedule.
LSS YOUTH SERVICES Robert Metcalfe 828-4399 firstname.lastname@example.org
* Volunteer drivers, volunteer grandparents, tutors The LSS Youth Resiliency Program is looking for volunteers to assist with 8 to 10 youths, ages 1118 during after school programs
NORTHLAND ARBORETUM Kay LaFrance 218-829-8770 email@example.com
* Information Desk Positions Enjoy the Arboretum's beautiful new building for a few hours a week. This is a fun position that involves answering the phone and greeting visitors at the Northland Arboretum. Flexible schedule.
PAUL BUNYAN NATURE LEARNING CENTER Sarah 829-9620 PBNLC@hotmail.com
* Office Assistant Greet visitors, answer questions about the center, assist with newsletter, filing and other office duties.
* Maintenance Perform inside maintenance.
* Gardener Assist with planting, weeding and pruning.
* Outside Maintenance - Perform simple repairs, painting of equipment and assist with maintenance of the trails.
PEQUOT LAKES LIBRARY Nancy or Donna 218-568-6181 firstname.lastname@example.org
* Library Aide Greet patrons, check books in & out, shelve books, basic computer knowledge. Saturdays 9:00 a.m. 1:00 p.m. Read for Children's Story Hour, Saturdays 10:15 a.m. 11:00 a.m.
RESPITE & CAREGIVER SUPPORT PROGRAM Bridget Allen 218-692-1964, email@example.com
* Respite Worker Provide safety and companionship for someone age sixty or older experiencing chronic health problem(s), so that his/her primary caregiver can take a break. Flexible days and hours with at least four hours monthly, requested.
ROAD-TO- RECOVERY PROGRAM Mike Koecheler 218-692-1964, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Help others on their... "Road-to-Recovery" - The Road-to-Recovery volunteer medical appointment drivers program has an opening for a Volunteer Program Coordinator. If you have ever known someone who has battled health issues and the difficulty of getting to and from doctor appointments then you know what a blessing a group of dedicated volunteer medical appointment drivers can be. The program is very well established and has been in operation for many years, has been coordinated by some of the best people in our community, makes a "meaningful" difference in the lives of people each and every day, and currently has an existing group of dedicated and passionate volunteers. Your task will be to coordinate or connect existing volunteers with needs. You will be able to work out of your home and you will receive support and guidance from RSVP Volunteer Services. For further information or to volunteer, please call Mike or MariJo at 218-824-1345.
RSVP VOLUNTEER SERVICES Volunteer Services Hotline 824-1345
* E-Bay Marketer Are you hooked on E-Bay, the excitement, the energy? Then we are looking for you! Generous people have made one-of-a-kind donations to our program and we need your help in converting them to funds, which we can then use to buy volunteer secondary liability insurances, etc... If you are skillful in the art of selling items on E-Bay, then we need you!
* RSVP Volunteer Services is a proud supporter of over seventy-five different non-profit organizations, some of which are listed on this opportunities page. If you have any questions, or you're interested in other volunteer opportunities, please give us a call. We would love to have you on the volunteer team.
SCHOOL DISTRICT 181 Susan Rogers 822-6044 email@example.com
* Math Tutor Using Flash Cards and basic math skills help a 7th grade student at Forestview Middle School. Days are flexible to your schedule. 12:09 p.m. 12:59 p.m.
* Media Center Aide Help shelf books at Forestview Middle School. Days and times are very flexible.
ST JOSEPH'S MEDICAL CENTER Sara or Deb 828-7610 firstname.lastname@example.org
* Receptionist -- Receptionist for Endo., Greet patients, answer phones, and put charts together. Friday 11:30 a.m. 3:30 p.m.
* Clerk/Filer Filing and alphabetizing of files. Choose your own hours and days.
* Receptionist A receptionist is needed in Special Diagnostics. Volunteers will answer phones, greets patients and do some light paper work. Monday Friday from 8:00 a.m. 12:00 p.m.
* Floor Walker Run errands throughout the hospital. Flexible schedule.
WOMEN'S CENTER OF MID MN Julie Guth 828-1216 email@example.com
* Receptionist Answer phone, log and route calls, take messages, answer door and greet residents and visitors. M-F, 2-4 hrs a week. Daytime hours available. Snowbirds welcome! (one year commitment is asked)
WOODLAND GOOD SAMARITAN Gina or Lana 829-1429 ext: 151 firstname.lastname@example.org
* Weekend Servers Help serve meals to Apartment/Assisted Living residents in the Dining room. Must be positive and patient. Waitress experience helpful but not necessary. Saturdays and/or Sundays, 11:00 a.m. Noon.
* Gift Store Clerk Work in Gift Shop selling small gift items. Experience with money helpful. One or two days a week, Monday Friday.
* Meal Escorts Escort nursing home residents to and from the dining room at meal times. Ability to push wheel chairs, accustomed to dealing with residents and a positive approach.
* One-on-One Visitor Visit independently with nursing home residents. Flexible schedule. Kind, positive and compassionate.
* Aviary Maintenance Clean the windows on the aviary, put in fresh water and food, clean up any debris on the bottom. Tuesdays and Fridays, with flexible hours.
* Bus Driver Drive apartment and assisted living residents to and from appointments. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Ability to drive a small bus. Clean driving record. Prefer class B license.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.