Baxter City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
Baxter City Hall
1. Call meeting to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent agenda.
A. Approval of council minutes of March 6 and Cedar Scenic Public Hearing minutes of March 8.
B. Payment of bills and approval of finance report.
C. Accept Utilities Commission minutes of March 7.
1. Approve the Wenck Associates, Inc., proposal to develop a recommended traffic plan for Elder Drive in the estimated amount of $3,000.
2. Approve the final acceptance of the fourth Dobson Cellular Antenna installation on the north water tower.
3. Approve the KLM Inspection of the 400,000 gallon elevated south water tower in the amount of $2,000.
4. Approve the KLM proposal for floatdown inspection and repair of the 750,000 gallon hydropillar in the amount of $3,500.
5. Approve the WSN feasibility study for the Jadewood and Jewelwood Area Improvements.
6. Approve Rice Lake Construction partial pay estimate No. 10 for the Water Treatment Plant and Public Works Facility in the amount of $620,205.
7. Approve the Fletcher Driscoll and Associates, LLC invoice in the amount of $5,942.50.
D. Accept planning and zoning commission minutes of March 14.
E. Appoint Ginger Augustinack to the Parks and Recreation Commission.
F. Approve an agreement in the amount of $16,300 with Aero-Metric, Inc., of Maple Grove for color aerial photography/ortho mapping services.
G. Approve an agreement in the amount of $2,500 with Widseth, Smith, Nolting of Baxter, for engineering services to provide ground control for aerial photography.
H. Approve PUD sketch plan for Lundstrom/Waters.
I. Approve leaf site staffing hours.
J. Authorize mayor and city clerk to execute 2007 BLADC Contract for Economic Development Services in the amount of $25,000.
K. Authorize mayor and city clerk to enter into a transit service agreement with the city of Brainerd, pending final contract review by city attorney and staff.
L. Approve the posting of a sergeant's position within the Baxter Police Department.
5. Pulled agenda items.
6. Other business.
A. Adopt Resolution No. 07-3/2-1 Ordering improvements and directing preparation of final plans and specifications for Cedar Scenic area improvements.
B. Public hearing for vacation of party of Mapleton Rd. and Ironwood Drive - 7:30 p.m.
C. Ryan Companies traffic study proposal.
D. Stephan and Valerie Dahl Sewer and Water Deferment Request (previously table)
E. Planning and Zoning Actions
1. Approve the Ordinance Amendment to allow the transfer of impervious surface rights.
2. Approve the Conditional Use Permit to transfer impervious surface rights.
3. Approve the Ordinance Amendment to reduce front yard setbacks from 40' to 30' in OS, C-1, C-2 and Industrial Zones with conditions.
4. Approve the minor subdivision plat of second addition to Wildflower for Navillus Land Company of 7877 College Drive, Suite 110, with conditions.
5. Approve the Zoning Amendment from RS to R-1 and Mixed Use PUD Overlay for Keith Strand of 6097 Woida Road per findings of fact.
6. Approve the preliminary plat of Bitterroot North for Keith Strand of 6097 Woida Road with conditions.
7. Approve the Conditional Use Permit to construct a Planned Unit Development for townhomes for Keith Strand of 6097 Woida Road with conditions.
8. Approve the Zoning Amendment from RS to R-1 and PB (Public Benefit) with conditions.
9. Approve the Ordinance Amendment as presented for Architectural Standards per findings of fact.
10. Approve the Ordinance Amendment for Residential Landscape Requirements per findings of fact.
11. Approve the Ordinance Amendment for clarification of building sizes in C-1 Districts with changes and findings of fact.
7. Public Comments.
9. Council comments.
A. Jim Klein - Industrial and Economic Development.
B. Rob Moser - Parks and Recreation.
C. Randy Hukriede - Long Range Planning.
D. Gary Muehlhausen - Utilities.
E. Darrel Olson - Planning and Zoning and mayoral comments.
10. City Attorney.
11. City Adminstrator's Report.
A. Proposal for Updating the City Hall Master Plan and Feasibility Study.
12. Staff reports.
13. Adjourn to South Perch Lake Public Hearing on Improvements on March 22, 2007, at 7 p.m.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.