Brainerd City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall
1. Call to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Consent Calendar (NOTICE TO PUBLIC) - All matters listed are considered routine by the Council and will all be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless good cause is shown prior to the time the Council votes on the motion to adopt by roll call
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on March 5, the council retreat minutes from Jan. 22 and the special meeting held on Feb. 26.
B. Approval of licenses - Recommended by City Administrator Vogt
1. Contractor's Licenses - 2 - Renewals.
C. Department reports
1. Mayor's report of activities distributed to Mayor and council.
2. Police chief's report of activities distributed to Mayor and council.
3. Finance Director's report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council.
D. Board of Equalization - Date Set for Tuesday, May 15 at 10 a.m.
E. Resolution No. 17:07 - Establishing Rental Housing Licensing Fees and Penalties Relating to City Code Section 425 Per Council Motion of Feb. 5.
F. Transfer of funds - Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee
General fund to Public Safety fund - $200,000.
General fund to Park fund - $ 50,000.
General fund to Street and Sewer fund - $37,867.
General Fund to Airport fund - $12,133.
G. Approval of bills - Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee
5. Unfinished business
A. Public Hearing - Final reading of proposed ordinance No. 1301 - An ordinance amending ordinance No. 1216 - Pertaining to zoning in the City of Brainerd - Liberty Group/Bang Printing Property.
B. Public Hearing - Final reading of proposed ordinance No. 1302 - An ordinance amending ordinance 812 - Pertaining to Zoning in the City of Brainerd - Industrial Park Expansion (Phase 4).
C. Brainerd Oaks Proiect
- Resolution calling for a public hearing on modification of the development program for development District No. 4 and the tax increment financing plan for tax increment financing district No. 4-14.
- Resolution authorizing the issuance and sale of $4,925,000 taxable general obligation tax increment bonds, Series 2007A
D. Fire Department - truck bids.
6. Planning Commission
A. Variance Reguest - 1120 Industrial Park Road
B. Breilly Court Condominium Conversion - Preliminary Plat.
C. Walnut Street Improvements.
7. Public Forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the Council. Time limits may be imposed.
A - Mayor
B - City Attorney
C - City Administrator
D - City Engineer
E - City Planner
F - Police Chief
G - Finance Director
9. Council committee reports
A - Personnel and Finance Committee.
B - Safety and Public Works Committee.
C - Other Committees.
10. Call for Applicants
A. Cable Advisory Board - One three-year termto expire 1/1 /2008.
B. Charter Commission - Two 4-Year terms to expire 1/1/2011.
C. Library Board - One term to expire 1/1/2008.
D. Planning Commission - One term to expire 1/1/2008.
E. Transportation Committee - One Council liaison term to expire 1/1/2008.
Adjourn to League of Minnesota training meeting, March 26, at 6 p.m.
Nisswa City Council
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approve minutes of Feb. 21 and March 5.
Planning and Zoning.
Park and Rec.
Nisswa Chamber of Commerce.
A. Sheila Wasnie Haverkamp with BLADC.
B. Monetary limits on Municipal Tort Liability.
C. Appoint Emergency Management Director.
D. Approve Job Description of Deputy Clerk.
E. Approve transfers from Municipal stores to general fund ($50,000 from Pickle and $100,000 from Spirits)
F. Rezoning of ETOC property and Arnold Johnson property.
G. Appeal of Fritz's Resort CUP.
H. County sale of forfeited parcels in Nisswa.
A. DNR public access/Nisswa Beach concept plan.
B. Forming committee for hunting ordinance.
C. County Road 18 By-pass.
D. Wastewater treatment plant improvements engineering agreement.
B. Council Members.
Presentation of Claims.
Independent School District No. 186
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of agenda.
5. Approval of past meeting minutes.
6. Authorization of accounts paid.
7. Consent agenda.
a. Accept donations.
b. Approve contract for services agreement with Crow Wing County Public Health.
c. Approve liaison officer agreement.
d. Approve government/municipal/public funds banking resolution.
a. Johnson Controls
b. Student council
a. Staff resignations
b. Staff contracts
c. Spring 2007 coaching assignments
10. Old business
a. Approve project development agreement with Johnson Controls.
b. Discussion of Highway 371 Route - bussing safety.
11. New business
a. Discussion of corporate sponsored advertising.
b. Approve athletic participation agreement with Crosslake Community School.
c. Approve youth sports supervisory roles.
d. Approve 2007-08 capital outlay requests.
12. Grievance hearing.
13. Announcements and meetings dates
a. Set April meetings.
b. Committee meeting dates
3:30 p.m. March 26, Curriculum.
4:30 p.m. March 26, Long-Range planning.
3:30 p.m. April 2, Buildings and Grounds.
3:30 p.m. April 9, Personnel.
4:30 p.m. April 9, Finance.
1 p.m. Monday, Video Conference, Public Health Update for new county commissioners, Community Services Building, room 31H.
2:30 p.m. Monday, Trails subcommittee, Courthouse Annex conference room.
9 a.m. Tuesday, Final Construction Review, Judicial Center.
5 p.m. Tuesday, Human Rights Commission, Courthouse Annex meeting room 2.
5 p.m. Tuesday, Historical Committee, Crow Wing County Museum.
9 a.m. Wednesday, Central Minnesota Community Corrections Executive Committee, Central Minnesota Community Corrections Administration Office.
5 p.m. Thursday, Planning Commission, Commissioners' Room.
7 p.m. Thursday, Region 5 Development Commission, Staples.
9 a.m. Friday, Brainerd Lakes Area Chambers of subcommittee, Nor-son office, Baxter.
Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall
1. Fire apparatus purchase.
2. Police Department - CSO Wage Scale.
3. Parks and Recreation 2007 pay rates for seasonal positions.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.