Cass County Board
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
1. Call to Order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of Agenda for discussion.
2. Robert Yochum - County Administrator.
a. Consent agenda.
b. Report back on town road allotment discussion
c. Report back on Cass/Crow Wing County jail project meeting.
d. Award jail roof addition bids.
3. Gail Leverson - Cass County EDC.
a. Receive and file Cass County EDC February 2007 Activity Report.
4. Sharon K. Anderson - Auditor-Treasurer.
a. Approve moving annex switchboard to the Auditor-Treasurer's Office.
b. Report back on Witham Bill.
5. Dorothy Opheim - HHVS Director
a. Child placement costs for February 2007 in the amount of $278,895.
b. Request by Cass County for financial assistance for the child support enforcement programs.
6. Scott Miller - Central MN Emergency Medical Services Region.
a. Update on Central MN EMS Region's activities and Cass County's participation.
7. Public hearing - land exchange from Douglas and Muriel Kuepers (May Twp.- private land - Fairview, and Homebrook Twp. - public land).
8. Norm Moody - Land Commissioner.
a. Update on Longville Rod and Gun Club.
b. Award bids on 2007 site preparation for tree planting.
c. Authorize 2007 tree planting quotes.
d. Authorize purchase for resale Interlachen Lodge Plat in Woodrow Township.
e. Approve road easement No. 07-01-141-31-33 to Buzzells, Greers, Hopens, Altos, Johnsons, and Troynas for Ingress and Egress in Shingobee Township.
f. Approve request for MN DOT conveyance to Cass County - Shingobee Township trail.
g. Lake County request - Forest Service lawsuit.
h. East Gull Lake Fund 73 trail request.
9. Scott Wilson - Cass County HRA.
a. Budget request to offset cost of Cass County HRA audit.
10. Larry Wolfe - Chief Financial Officer.
a. Receive and file E-911 Audit and "ARMER" update.
b. Authorize purchase of JD6430 Tractor & Diamond Twin Mower from state contract.
11. Tim Browning - MN Department of Natural Resources.
a. Update on un-owned parcels on public waters.
12. Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
a. Northern MN Tribal Economic Development Commission, Tuesday, March 20, 2007, beginning 10 a.m., Northern Lights Casino, Walker MN.
b. Initiative Foundation "Unlock the Seven Revolutions Today" Friday, April 13, 2007, St. Cloud Civic Center, St. Cloud, MN.
c. Crow Wing County Jail lock up, Saturday, April 14, 2007, 3 p.m. - 5 am, Crow Wing County Jail, Brainerd, MN.
1. Approve board minutes of March 6, 2007.
2. Approve manual warrants dated February, 2007 in the amount of $1,566,162.17.
3. Approve auditor warrants dated March 8, 2007, in the amount of $250,397.38.
4. Approve HHVS auditor warrants dated March 9, 2007 in the amount of $28,013.50
5. Approve HHVS auditor warrants dated March 9, 2007 in the amount of $79.25.
6. Approve HHVS commissioner warrants dated March 9, 2007 in the amount of $85,400.64.
7. Approve HHVS Auditor warrants dated March 9, 2007 in the amount of $493.34.
8. Approve Auditor warrants dated March 15, 2007 in the amount of $206,808.03.
9. Receive and file - Monthly Budget Reports.
10. Approve personnel actions.
11. Approve licenses - tobacco, 3.2 beer, liquor, gambling, etc.
12. Receive and file auditor-treasurer's interest income report for February 2007
13. Accept Pandemic Planning Grant No. 2007-IPPG-00293 from MN Department of Public Safety in the amount of $10,406.00.
14. Approve the medical examiner - Michael McGee contract agreement from Jan. 1, 2007 through December 31, 2007.
15. Receive and file monthly HHVS cash accounts to date, Feb. 28, 2007 in the amount of $5,093,809.
16. Approve resolution/letters of support for the North Country National Scenic Trail.
17. Refer correspondence from Anoka County Commissioners regarding county cost for the state court system to Cass County Court Administration and county attorney for a report back.
18. Accept $8,045 Juvenile Accountability Block Grant funds from Office of Justice Program.
19. Receive and file $71,426.00 Indian Casino Aid 10% state share of taxes collected from Leech Lake Band of Chippewa Indians.
20. Receive and file CY07 Mental Health Grant Awards $114,396.00.
21. Receive and file ESD Service Log 2004-2007.
22. Receive and file correspondence from Region Five Director Cheryal Hills regarding 5-County Meeting held on March 7, 2007.
Meets 6 p.m. Monday
City Council Chambers
1. Improvement 06-15 - Dal-Mar Estates/Serene Pines.
A. Adoption of a resolution declaring adequacy of petition and ordering preparation of feasibility report.
B. Proposal for engineering services.
2. Dial-a-Ride agreement with Baxter.
3. Improvement 05-28 - Downtown Improvements.
4. T.H. 210 Rehab Update.
5. Improvement 04-11 - Bluff Avenue improvements - Adoption of a resolution approving plans and specifications and ordering advertisement for bids.
6. Vegetation removal in rights-of-way.
7. Special committee meeting.
8. Planning Commission.
A. Variance - 1120 Industrial Park Road.
B. Brielly Court Preliminary Plat.
C. Walnut Street Improvements.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.