A fire that destroyed an unattached garage on Spencer Road March 6 probably was caused by a sliced electrical cord that failed, said Brainerd Fire Chief Kevin Mahle.
The home where the garage was located was owned by Harry Bement and rented by David Miles. The house was undamaged by the fire. No one was at home at the time of the fire.
Heat lamp blamed for garage fire
A heat lamp in a dog house is the probable cause of a fire that destroyed a garage Feb. 28 at a residence on County Road 144 in Long Lake Township, Brainerd Fire Chief Kevin Mahle reported.
The garage, detached from the house, was destroyed. The garage was owned by Tom and Jamie Sanders.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.