1. Call meeting to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Consent Agenda
A. Approval of council minutes of March 3
B. Payment of bills and approval of finance report
C. Accept Utilities Commission minutes of March 10
1. Adopt the resolution receiving bids and awarding the contract to R.L. Larson Excavating Inc., of 2255 12th St. SE, St. Cloud, in the amount of $1,055,328.15 for the 2004 Meredith/Norway/Lancer Area Utility and Roadway Improvement Project.
2. Approve only tasks one through five and not six on the proposal from Advanced Engineering and Environmental Services for an estimated amount of $7,143.
3. Reduce the letter of credit issued by River Vista LLC to the city of Baxter for the Knollwood North Addition Project to $16,500 which is 125 percent of the remaining work to be completed.
4. Approve the Benshoof Proposal for Cypress Drive/C.S.A.H. 48 Corridor study for an estimated amount of $34,000 contingent on Crow Wing County Highway Department funding $15,000 of the study costs.
5. Adopt the Resolution Adopting a Policy of Not Fencing Storm Water Ponds and Wetlands.
6. Adopt the resolution determining sufficiency of petition and ordering improvements pursuant to petition by 100 percent of owners on the affected property on Deerwood Rd. for city streets, sewer and water.
7. Approve the plans and specifications for "The View at Rush Lake" Improvement project contingent on changes on the plan.
8. Deny the request from 8230 Greenwood Rd. requesting that non-user fees be waived due to past practice.
9. Approve change order No. 2 to Larson Excavating in the amount of $5,624.30 for the Berrywood Drive Improvements.
10. Adopt the resolution approving plans and specifications and ordering advertisement for bids for the 2004 Isle Drive Improvement project.
11. Adopt the resolution approving plans and specifications and ordering advertisement for bids for the 2004 Hinckley Road Extension Improvement project. (Plans were approved in 2003)
D. Accept personnel and police commission minutes of March 10.
E. Accept Planning and Zoning Commission minutes of March 8.
F. Approve appointment of Steve Borg as Parks and Trails maintenance worker at Step Start, Grade 2.
G. Support adoption of a resolution for reauthorizing TEA-21 (transportation funds) co-authored by Congressman James Oberstar.
5. Pulled agenda items.
6. Other business
A. Chief Robbi Gallant/Officer Jim Exsted -- Drug Enforcement Officer
B. Status of part-time police officers and wages -- City Administrator Coryell/Finance Director Vacinek.
C. Planning and Zoning actions
1. Approve the preliminary/final plat of Baxter Woods with conditions.
2. Approve the Interim CUP for a residential daycare for Patricia Keithley, 7133 Fox Rd., with conditions.
7. Public comments
1. Chris VandePutte -- Whipple Beach improvements.
9. Council comments
A. Mark Cross -- Industrial and Economic Development and other comments
B. Rosemary Franzen -- Parks and Recreation and other comments
C. Gary Muehlhausen -- Utilities, Personnel and Police and other mayoral comments
D. Darrel Olson -- Planning and Zoning and other comments
E. Barb Wells -- Long Range Planning and other comments
10. City Attorney
11. City Administration/Staff reports
Pillager School Board
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
I. Call to order
II. Consider additions/deletions/acceptance of the agenda
III. Visitors comments
IV. Consider consent agenda
A. Minutes of the Feb. 4 meeting
B. Minutes of the Feb. 9 meeting
C. Monthly cash flow including investments
D. Accept donations-Fiedlers Pumping $100; ConAgra $500
E. Long-term substitute for teacher
V. Special board reports with possible action
1. Monthly bills paid
2. Review of proposed legislation
3. Update on sale of caravans
4. Set meeting date for budget committee
1. Receive notice from Roxanne Cibuzar of intent to return
2. Set meeting date for personnel committee
1. Freshwater Education District Report
2. Introduce school calendars 2004-05 and 2005-06
3. Curriculum Committee report
1. First Reading of Policies 101, 203.1, 206, 208, 209, 210, 210.1, 303, 306, 402, 406, 408, 410, 414, 415, 417, 420, 422, 424, 425, 501, 506, 508, 509, 511, 513, 514, 515, 516, 518, 520, 522, 523, 528, 531, 532, 601, 602, 603, 604, 605, 607, 608, 610, 612.1, 613, 614, 615 & attachments, 616, 617, 618, 619, 620, 623, 624, 701, 703, 707, 708, 801, 803, 806, 905.
2. Assurance of compliance with discrimination laws
1. Activities Committee report
1. Set meeting date for Facilities Committee
VI. Special reports
A. Secondary principal's report
B. Elementary principal's report
C. Superintendent's report
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.