Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
1. Call meeting to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent agenda.
A. Approval of council minutes of March 1 and PUD meeting of March 3.
B. Payment of bills and approval of finance report.
C. Accept Utilities Commission minutes of March 2.
1. Approve the WSN proposal for engineering services for the Kirkwood Drive area improvements at an amount not to exceed $86,100.
2. Approve the WSN proposal for engineering services for the Kimberlee Drive area improvements at an amount not to exceed $98,800.
3. Approve Change Order No. 1 in the amount of $1,114 for the 2003 Knollwood Drive North and Conservation Drive improvement project to Randy Kramer Construction.
4. Approve final pay estimate No. 3 in the amount of $2, 898.83 for the Knollwood Drive North and Conservation Drive improvements to Randy Kramer Construction.
5. Approve Change Order No. 2 in the amount of $828.90 for the 2003 Clearwater Road Commercial utility improvements to Randy Kramer Construction.
6. Approve final pay estimate No. 2 in the amount of $9,256.81 for the 2003 Clearwater Road commercial utility improvements to Randy Kramer Construction.
D. Accept Planning and Zoning Commission minutes of March 8.
E. Accept Personnel and Police Commission minutes of March 9.
F. Accept Long Range Planning Commission minutes of March 10.
G. Accept $250 donation from Positive Realty for pond hockey equipment.
H. Schedule joint council/commission meeting on March 30 at 6:30 p.m. to discuss the post office annex on College Road.
I. Amend 2005 fee schedule for plumbing and mechanical from a fixed fee to a fee based on valuation of the project.
J. Amend minimum requirements for police sergeants.
5. Pulled agenda items.
6. Other business.
A. Public hearing on 2005 Cherrywood Drive improvements 7:30 p.m.
1. Adopt the resolution ordering improvements and directing preparation of final plans and specifications for 2005 Cherrywood Drive area improvement project.
2. Adopt the resolution approving plans and specifications and ordering advertisement for bids for the Cherrywood Drive area improvement project for 2005 in the city of Baxter.
B. Planning and Zoning actions.
1. Grant an additional 60-day extension for Menard's CUP.
2. Approve the preliminary plat of Northwoods Estates with conditions.
3. Approve the ICUP for outdoor garden center and greenhouse for Super One Foods, 7895 Excelsior Road with conditions.
4. Uphold denying the CUP amendment to transfer allowable signage from Lot 2, Block 1 to Lot 1, Block 1 for the Holiday Inn Express, 15739 Audubon Way, based on findings of fact.
5. Revise the Planning and Zoning Commission schedule so that the commission only meets on the second Tuesday of the month for the entire year.
C. Zetah request for additional year to build in Industrial Park.
D. Bid results for Whipple Beach and Berrywood Park pavilions.
7. Public comments.
9. Council comments.
A. Mark Cross Industrial and Economic Development and other comments.
B. Rosemary Franzen Parks and Recreation and other comments.
C. Randy Hukriede Long Range Planning and other comments.
D. Gary Muehlhausen Utilities and other comments.
E. Darrel Olson Planning and Zoning, Personnel and Police and other comments, mayoral comments.
10. City attorney.
11. City administrator/Staff report.
A. Government channel.
12. Adjourn to closed meeting for AFSCME and LELS Union negotiations and Bitterroot litigation.
13. Adjourn to Joint Council/Utilities meeting at 6 p.m. March 23.
Cass County Board
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
1. Call to order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of agenda for discussion.
2. Robert Yochum Administrator.
a. Consent agenda.
b. Rural Fire Association equipment purchase.
c. Approve Teamsters Local 320 labor agreement.
d. Process for updating capital plan.
3. Dorothy Opheim HHVS.
a. Child placement costs for February in the amount of $165,020.
b. Itaskin Juvenile Center contract proposal.
c. Report back on proposed Indian Child Welfare project.
4. Randy Fisher Sheriff.
a. Acting jail administrator, jail program coordinator appointments.
b. Receive and file investigator and deputy appointments.
c. Discuss contracting law enforcement services with city of Remer.
d. Crow Wing County jail project report.
e. Status report on K-9 program.
5. Dave Enblom, Kris Lyytinen Highway engineer.
a. Highway department organization.
b. Report back on Lake Inguadona access on Cass County Road 7.
6. Norm Moody Land commissioner.
a. Award bids on 2005 site preparation for tree planting.
b. SWCD private forest management needs assessment.
7. Public Hearing - First reading of Ordinance 2005-01 amending the land use ordinance.
8. Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
a. Establish 2005 Cass County Board summer meeting locations.
1. Approve board minutes of March 1.
2. Approve manual warrants dated February in the amount of $1,226,814.21.
3. Approve auditor warrants dated Feb. 24 in the amount of $2,310.
4. Approve HHVS warrants dated Feb. 25 in the amount of $111.
5. Approve auditor warrants dated March 2 in the amount of $79,349.99.
6. Approve HHVS warrants dated March 4 in the amount of $31,062.06.
7. Approve HHVS warrants dated March 4 in the amount of $148,391.64.
8. Approve auditor warrants dated March 10 in the amount of $300,004.23.
9. Receive and file monthly budget reports.
10. Approve licenses Tobacco, 3.2 beer, liquor, gambling, etc.
11. Approve personnel actions.
12. Receive and file Interest Income Report for February.
13. Receive and file monthly HHVS Cash Accounts Report to date, Feb. 28, in the amount of $5,712,305.
14. Receive and file monthly Cass County Economic Development Corp. report.
15. Receive and file county portion of taxes collected in 2004 on the Leech Lake Reservation in the amount of $32,074.50.
16. Support Bi-CAP grant application for Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program in Cass County.
17. Approve appointment of Dee Hillstrom to the Kitchigami Library Board, term Jan. 1, 2005 Jan 1, 2008; appoint Doug Sandstrom to the MHB Advisory Board, term Jan. 1, 2005 Jan 1, 2007, appoint Pat Butler to Region 5 Central MN Council on Aging Board, term Jan. 1,2005 Jan. 1, 2006.
18. Refer Faith in Action donation request to the 2006 Cass County Citizen Budget Committee.
19. Accept CY2005 Adult Mental Health Grant Award for Cass County ($119,291).
20. Receive and file Essential Local Public Health Activities adopted by the State Community Health Services Advisory Committee, Dec. 17.
21. Approve participation in annual grant ATV system $4,500.
22. Adopt resolution approving Cass County Hazard Mitigation Plan.
23. Receive and file exemplary performance correspondence HHVS financial reporting in 2004.
24. Establish legislative position supporting reauthorization of the Federal Health, Human Services block grant.
25. Refer Gerald and Wanda Schuster correspondence (Unorganized Township First Responders) to 2006 Citizen Budget Committee.
Pequot Lakes School Board
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Recognition Section 7AA girls' basketball championships.
5. Approval of agenda.
6. Approval of past meeting minutes.
7. Treasurer's report.
8. Authorization of accounts paid/accounts payable/construction bills.
a. DNR presentation John Wallin.
b. Student council.
e. Curriculum coordinator.
10. Consent agenda.
a. Accept donations.
b. Adopt 2005-2006 school calendar.
c. Repeal policies.
d. Adopt Kid Konnection handbook.
12. New business.
a. First reading Policy 607.5 Class sizes.
b. Approve revised fiscal year 2005 budget.
13. Announcements and meeting dates.
March 14 3:30 Curriculum, 4:30 Policy.
March 21 4:30 Policy, 5:30 Personnel.
March 28 4:30 Public Relations, 5:30 Building and Grounds.
14. Closed session for negotiations planning.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.