Brainerd City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall
1. Call to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of allegiance
4. Consent calendar (NOTICE TO PUBLIC) -- All matters listed are considered routine by Council and will be enacted by one (1) motion. No separate discussion of these items unless good cause is shown prior to the time council votes on the motion to adopt by roll call.
A. Approval of minutes of regular meeting held Feb. 19 as distributed.
B. Approval of 2002 licenses -- Recommended by city administrator Vogt.
1. Contractor's licenses -- 4 -- renewals.
C. Department reports
1. Fire chief's report of activities distributed to mayor and council.
D. Minnesota lawful gambling premises permit renewal application -- Submitted by Vacationland Figure Skating Club, Brainerd, for Brainerd Elks Lodge No. 615, 202 S. Fourth St., Brainerd, MN -- Adoption of resolution of local unit of government acknowledgment and approval.
E. Kevin Tengwall -- Fire equipment operator -- Advancement to 2nd year rate -- $3,399.76 per month -- Effective Feb. 24, 2002 -- Recommended by fire chief Mahle and city administrator Vogt -- Approval of.
F. Dave Schliek -- Fill vacancy of on-call firefighter -- effective April 2, 2002 -- Approval of.
G. Kim Innes -- Advancement to 2nd year on call firefighter -- effective Feb. 1 -- Approval of.
H. John Bennett -- Advancement to 2nd year on call firefighter -- effective March 15 -- Approval of.
I. Jeff Innes -- Advancement to probationary fire captain -- Approval of.
J. Second reading -- Proposed Ordinance No. 1137 -- An ordinance amending Section 200.05 of the Brainerd City Code relating to salaries for alderman and mayor -- City administrator Vogt recommends to dispense with the actual reading of said ordinance -- Approval of.
K. Approval of bills -- Recommended by the personnel and finance committee.
5. Unfinished business:
A. Second reading -- Proposed Ordinance No. 1138 -- An ordinance amending Section 1200 of the Brainerd City Code relating to the sale of intoxicating liquor.
B. First reading -- Proposed Ordinance No. 1139 -- An ordinance amending the liquor zone for the East Brainerd Mall.
C. Facility needs progress report -- Discussion of.
D. Set public hearing for Timberland Townhomes TIF Project -- Discussion of.
6. New business:
A. Brainerd library update -- Discussion of.
B. Charter Communications Cable System update -- Discussion of.
7. Council for Youth Environment report
8. Public forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the council. Time limits may be imposed.
B. City attorney
C. City administrator
D. City engineer
E. City planner/Community development coordinator
F. Fire chief
G. Parks and recreation director
10. Department head annual reports
A. Fire chief
B. Park and recreation director
11. Council committee reports
A. Safety and public works committee
B. Personnel and finance committee
C. Other committees
12. Call for applicants
Parking commission -- Two vacancies (M. Whitlock and B. Cumberland) -- 3 year terms to expire 1/1/05 and Cable Advisory committee -- One vacancy (R. Breen) -- 1 year term to expire 1/1/03.
NOTE: Personnel and finance committee will meet at 7 p.m. Safety and public works committee will meet at 7 p.m.
Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall
1. Kiwanis community clean-up blitz donation -- Approval of.
2. Timberland Townhomes TIF Project -- Discussion of.
3. Revolving loan fund application -- Discussion of.
4. Kevin Tengwall -- Fire equipment operator -- Advancement to 2nd year rate -- $3,399.76 per month -- Effective Feb. 24 -- Recommended by fire chief Mahle and city administrator Vogt -- Approval of.
5. Dave Schliek -- Fill vacancy of on-call firefighter -- effective April 1 -- Approval of.
6. Kim Innes -- Advancement to 2nd year on call firefighter -- effective Feb. 1 -- Approval of.
7. John Bennett -- Advancement to 2nd year on call firefighter -- effective March 15 -- Approval of.
8. Jeff Innes -- Advancement to probationary fire captain -- Approval of.
9. Union negotiations -- Status of.
10. 2002 budget issues -- Fire department capital budget -- Discussion of.
11. Vacant engineering technician II position -- Discussion of.
Safety and Public
Meets 6 p.m. Monday
City Council Chambers
1. Petition to vacate the south 100 feet of alley, Block 97, Town of Brainerd -- Set public hearing for 7:30 p.m., Monday, April 1, 2002.
2. Improvement 00-05 -- NP Center improvements -- Set public hearing for 7:30 p.m., Monday, April 1, 2002.
3. Letter regarding College Drive
4. Sewer blockage at 823 Fir Street
5. Sidewalk standards
6. Wright Street extension
7. Portland Avenue
8. Intersection of East River Road and Laurel Street
9. Transportation committee
A. Weekend pilot program
Baxter City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
Baxter City Hall
1. Call meeting to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Consent agenda
A. Approval of council minutes Feb. 19
B. Payment of bills and approval of finance report
C. Accept utilities commission minutes of Feb. 20
D. Accept parks and recreation commission minutes of Feb. 25
a. Approve committing to a tobacco free environment for our youth recreation
b. Approve accepting the cash payment payout for parks for Hampton Square Plat along with the 50-foot easement along the west and south borders of Southdale Park, and easement through development for a trail linking Jordan Road/Second Street to park with the commission to review the landscaping plan for the easement to make sure it fulfills our parks and recreation needs.
E. Accept planning and zoning commission minutes of Feb. 26
a. Approve the variance to rebuild part of existing house within 5 feet of lot line for Suzanne and Gregory McKibbon at 71 Maplewood Drive North based on staff's finding of facts.
b. Approve the rezoning from R-2 (Medium Density Residential) to IO (Industrial/Office) with deed restriction and permitted Office Services uses only for Martin Carlson at 591 Cypress Drive South based on staff's findings of fact and conditions.
c. Approve the preliminary plat of the First Addition to Cedardale South based on staff's findings of facts and conditions.
d. Approve the preliminary plat of Hampton Square and the preliminary layout of a planned unit development based on staff's findings of fact and conditions.
e. Approve the preliminary plat of the Menard's Addition based on staff's findings of fact and conditions.
f. Adopt the resolution to amend the 1996 Baxter Comprehensive Plan based on staff's findings of facts.
g. Approve the amendment to the subdivision ordinance stating that any real estate within one-half mile radius of the real estate now zoned Public Use in Section 13 just south of CSAH 48 shall not be subdivided unless the area is served by public utilities or the petitioner includes in his subdivision application a plan to immediately include public utilities.
h. Approve the rezoning amendment from R-1 and RS to PB for the School District 181 and Crow Wing Power property only at this time.
F. Accept industrial and economic development commission minutes of Feb. 28
a. Approve the Baxter EDA setting the price for the two remaining lots in the Phase III of the industrial Park at $59,900 per acre.
G. Adopt Resolution No. 02-3/1-1 regarding part-time police officers and PERA
H. Accept petition for annexation from Rick Boileau, Fountain Properties, LLC and set public hearing for April 16, 2002 at 7:30 p.m.
I. Set vacation of a portion Forthun Rd. for April 16, 2002, 7:30 p.m.
5. Pulled agenda items
6. Other business
7. Public comments
9. Council comments
A. Mark Cross -- Parks and recreation and other comments
B. Mary Marana -- Industrial and economic development and other comments
C. Gary Muehlhausen -- Utilities, personnel and police and other mayoral comments
D. Darrel Olson -- Planning and zoning and other comments
E. Barb Wells -- Long range planning and other comments
10. City attorney
11. City administrator
Little Falls School Board
4 p.m. work session
7 p.m. business meeting
(Performing Arts Center)
Work Session -- 4 p.m.
1. FY 01 audit report
2. Update of SOD plan
3. Mid-state education district
4. Budget modifications
Business Meeting -- 7 p.m.
1. Call to order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approve agenda
4. Public comments
5. Items for action
A. FY 01 audit report
B. Update of SOD plan
C. Budget modifications
D. Calendar for 2002-03 and 2003-04
E. Capital budget
a. Roof bid
F. Superintendent search consultant
G. Resolution honoring gymnasts
H. Agreement with superintendent
6. Information items
A. Chemical dependency policy
B. Internet filtering update
C. Superintendent national convention report
D. MARSS numbers
E. YTD budget to actual
F. Employee appreciation
G. Legislative update
7. Consent agenda
B. Approve minutes
Crow Wing County meetings
Wednesday -- 8:30 a.m., Pine River Watershed Protection Foundation, Backus; 10 a.m., Brainerd-Crow Wing County Regional Airport Commission, airport; noon, Tobacco-free Community Coalition, Health Department; 3:30 p.m., Water Planning Advisory Committee, Welton Hall in Elks Club building.
Thursday -- 5:15 p.m., Board of Adjustment, Welton Hall in Elks Club building.
Monday, March 11 -- 5 p.m., Crow Wing County housing and redevelopment authority, Commissioners' Room.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.