Brainerd City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
1. Call to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Consent calendar -- Items "A" through "F."
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held Feb. 7, the adjourned joint PUC/Council meeting held Feb. 15; and the special meeting held Feb. 15, as distributed.
B. Approval of licenses -- Recommended by City Administrator Vogt.
1. Contractor Licenses -- 4 -- Renewals
C. Department reports
1. Mayor's report of activities distributed to council.
D. Minnesota Lawful Gambling Application for exempt permit -- Submitted by Brainerd Chapter of North American Bear Foundation for raffle to be held March 18, at Moose Lodge, 219 So. 9th St. -- Local unit of government acknowledgement.
E. Transfer of funds -- Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
1. General Fund to Public Safety Fund $265,330
2. General Fund to Street & Sewer Fund $50,000
3. General Fund to Park Fund $75,000
4. General Fund to Airport Fund $9,670
F. Approval of bills -- Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
5. Public hearing -- Consider alley vacation adjacent to Lot 7, Block 58, West Brainerd
6. Third reading -- Proposed ordinance No. 1078 -- An ordinance providing for the annexation of certain properties located in Oak Lawn Township to the city of Brainerd (Frank Klein -- Hustad Homes).
7. Third reading -- Proposed ordinance No. 1079 -- An ordinance providing for the annexation of certain properties located in Oak Lawn Township to the city of Brainerd (Brainerd Sports & Marine LLC).
8. First reading -- Proposed ordinance No. 1083 -- An ordinance providing for the annexation of certain properties located in Oak Lawn Township to the city of Brainerd (Anderson Brothers -- 1500 Highway 210 NE -- Approximately 52 Acres)
9. Youth Advisory Council report
10. Public forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the Council. Time limits may be imposed.
A -- Mayor
B -- City attorney
C -- City administrator
D -- City engineer
E -- City planner
12. Annual reports
A -- Police Chief Ball
B -- Parks and Recreation Director Ericson
13. Council committee reports
A -- Personnel and Finance Committee
B -- Safety and Public Works Committee
C -- Other committees
14. New business
A. Appointment -- Ms. Jackie Brown -- Transportation Committee -- One-year term to expire 1/1/01 -- Recommended by Mayor Wallin.
15. Adjournment to reconvene on Feb. 28, at 5:30 p.m. at Brainerd Holiday Inn for council retreat.
NOTE: Personnel and Finance Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Safety and Public Works Committee will meet at 6:30 p.m.
Brainerd Personnel and
Meets 7 p.m.
1. Union negotiations -- Status of.
2. Space needs analysis -- Status of.
3. Brainerd rehabilitation program -- Request for funding -- Discussion of.
4. Civic Center/Gold Medal Arena Ice Plant and Dehumidification System -- Authorize signature on warranty and final payment -- Discussion of.
Brainerd Safety and
Public Works Committee
Meets 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
1. Public Hearing, Alley Vacation Block 58 West Brainerd
2. Annexation of Anderson property
3. County Wide Transit System -- Discussion of
4. Executive Editors site (Former Foundry) -- Discussion of
5. Planning Commission
A. Zone Change at 1704 13th Ave. NE
B. Zone Change at Southwest corner T.H. 18 and T.H. 25
C. Variance at 1606 Mill Ave.
6. Towing appeals
A. Paul Edwards -- Maple Street lot
7. Parking ticket appeals
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.