1. Call meeting to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent agenda.
A. Approval of council minutes of Feb. 6 and joint council/utilities minutes of Feb. 7.
B. Payment of bills and approval of finance report.
C. Accept Utilities Commission minutes of Feb. 7.
1. Approve the ordinance amending Section 11 of the Baxter City Code: An ordinance regarding private streets and access to proposed plats.
2. Approve the purchase of the Vactor 2100 Series sewer cleaner in the amount of $251,845.57 including tax and license from MACQUEEN Equipment Inc., St. Paul, with funding coming equally one-third from the sanitary sewer, water and storm sewer budgets.
3. Approve the estate of Minnesota Construction Agreement and resolution for the Excelsior Trail bridge.
4. Approve the WSN proposal for preparation of feasibility study for the South Perch Lake area in the not to exceed amount of $6,500.
5. Approve the WSN proposal for engineering services for the sanitary sewer modeling for an estimated amount of $12,000.
6. Approve Rice Lake Construction partial pay estimate No. 9 for the water treatment facility and public works facility in the amount of $693,215.
D. Accept Planning and Zoning Commission minutes of Feb. 13.
E. Set the Board of Review for the city of Baxter on May 8 at 1 p.m.
F. Approve assessment recertification for three parcels on city project 04-448.
G. Adopt Resolution No. 07-2/2-1 requesting tree planting collaboration with MnDOT.
H. Approve the purchase of a 2006 demo Toro Workman E2050.
I. Adopt Resolution No. 07-2/2-2 authorizing the Clearwater Trail grant contingent on Parks and Recreation Commission concurrence.
J. Adopt Resolution No. 07-2/2-3 authorizing the Mountain Ash Trail grant contingent on Park and Recreation Commission concurrence.
K. Appoint Greg Kvale to the Utilities Commission.
L. Approve quality-based selection criteria for selection of a pre-engineering design firm.
M. Approve the RFP for the purpose of pre-engineering design, construction administration and observation services of the Excelsior bridge project.
N. Approve the updated utility billing specialist job description (formerly utility billing clerk), dated Feb. 15.
O. Approve the modified Princeton job evaluation rating for the utility billing specialist position at 109 points in pay grade 5 of the AFSCME pay grade.
P. Approve the internal posting for a utility billing specialist position at Grade 5 of the current AFSCME union contract.
5. Pulled agenda items.
6. Other business.
A. Arbor Glen 2 senior housing tax-increment presentation.
B. Revised Joint Powers Agreement with Community Education.
C. Planning and Zoning actions.
1. Approve the conditional use permit to expand the existing waste water and zoning minutes of Feb. 13.
2. Approve the minor subdivision plat of Westphal Addition for Westphal/O'Donnell/Peterson with conditions.
3. Approve the amended conditional use permit for shoreland alterations on Perch Lake for John and Janell Westphal of 12771 Lakewood Lane with conditions.
4. Approve the minor subdivision plat of Marohn Addition for Charles Marohn of 5895 Mapleton Road with conditions.
5. Approve the ordinance amendment to amend the subdivision regulations to clarify standards for private streets and access and incorporate Option No. 1 under Section 5 for the city of Baxter with conditions (Ordinance 2007-3).
6. Approve the ordinance amendment to amend the zoning regulations by updating the shoreland overlay district and table the ordinance amendment to allow the transfer of impervious surface rights for the city of Baxter with conditions (Ordinance 2007-4).
7. Public comments.
9. Council comments.
A. Jim Klein - Industrial and Economic Development.
B. Rob Moser - Parks and Recreation.
C. Randy Hukriede - Long Range Planning.
D. Gary Muehlhausen - Utilities.
E. Darrel Olson - Planning and Zoning and mayoral comments.
10. City attorney.
11. City administrator's report.
12. Staff reports.
Cass County Board
1. Call to order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of agenda for discussion. (Any requests to be heard not on the proposed agenda are considered for inclusion at this time).
2. Robert Yochum - County administrator.
a. Consent agenda.
b. 2007 grade rating market adjustment - Deputy sheriffs.
3. Request to be heard - Shingobee Township.
a. Courthouse Campus re-location.
b. Ah-Gwah-Ching water system.
4. Randy Fisher - Sheriff.
a. Discuss reconsideration of Sylvan Township lease agreement.
b. 2006 calls for service report.
5. John Sumption - ESD director.
a. Report back on $25,000 grant fund transfer from Sky Blue Waters to Conservation Easement project.
b. Discuss scheduling hearings on subdivision, land use and ISTS ordinance revisions.
c. Establish legislative position requesting DNR shoreland updates.
d. Report back on setback line enforcement.
6. Public hearing - land exchange from Carvin Buzzell - private land - Kego Township public land - Shingobee Township.
7. Dorothy Opheim - HHVS director.
a. Child placement costs for January in the amount of $203,944.
b. Senior Transportation Program 2007 annual report and introduce new staff member.
c. Receive and file report on Cass County HHVS departmental goals.
8. Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
1. Approve board minutes of Feb. 6.
2. Approve manual warrants dated January in the amount of $14,286.54.
3. Approve manual warrants dated January in the amount of $1,484,954.18.
4. Approve HHVS warrants dated Jan. 31 in the amount of $12.
5. Approve auditor warrants dated Feb. 1 in the amount of $188,158.66.
6. Approve HHVS warrants dated Feb. 2 in the amount of $50.
7. Approve auditor warrants dated Feb. 8 in the amount of $153,398.19.
8. Approve HHVS warrants dated Feb. 9 in the amount of $123,067.64.
9. Approve HHVS warrants dated Feb. 9 in the amount of $221,542.76.
10. Receive and file - monthly budget reports.
11. Approve personnel actions.
12. Approve licenses - Tobacco, 3.2 beer, liquor, gambling, etc.
13. Receive and file auditor-treasurer's interest income report for January.
14. Refer correspondence from the city of Lake Shore to the Cass County sheriff's office regarding booking of prisoners into Crow Wing jail.
15. Receive and file monthly cash accounts report to date, Jan. 31, in the amount of $5,216,975.
16. Approve amendment to the Home and Community-Based Services Contract between REM Minnesota and Cass County HHVS.
17. Authorize tax stuffer - state property tax refund program.
18. Report back on Feb.6, performance evaluation - Sharon K. Anderson achieves the requirements of the position of auditor-treasurer.
19. Report back on Feb. 6, performance evaluation - Larry Wolfe achieves the requirements of the position of chief financial officer.
20. Authorize - Financial contribution for FY2006 to the Cass County Economic Development Corp. in the amount of $35,000.
21. Accept donation of $200 from Jay Waalen Enterprises for food for the ice rescue training exercise in Cass Lake on Jan. 27.
22. Receive and file correspondence from Pine River Area Sanitary District regarding wastewater infrastructure fund certification in the amount of $4,173.90.
23. Authorize progress payment No. 8 in the amount of $34,802.06 to Kuepers Construction for the land department building project.
24. Approve the 2006 audit engagement letter from the state auditor.
25. Authorize retention of attorney Tom Fitzpatrick as hearing officer for the Kramp/Maurer HHVS complaint.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.