1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of allegiance.
4. Consent calendar -- Items "A" through "F".
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held Feb. 5 and the adjourned meeting held jointly with the EDA Feb. 8 as distributed.
B. Approval of licenses -- Recommended by City Administrator Vogt.
1. Contractor Licenses -- 3 -- Renewals.
C. Minnesota Lawful Gambling -- Application for exempt permit -- Submitted by Minnesota State Archery Association, X-04187-00-001, P.O. Box 372, Brainerd, MN, for raffles to be held April 7 at the Moose Lodge, 219 S. Ninth St., Brainerd, MN -- Local unit of government acknowledgment and approval.
D. 2002 fire contract calculation -- Approval of.
E. Transfer of funds -- Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
1. General Fund to Public Safety Fund, $200,000.
2. General Fund to Street & Sewer Fund, 50,000.
3. General Fund to Park Fund, 37,742.
4. General Fund to Airport Fund, 9,758.
5. General Fund to Beautify Brainerd Fund, $2,500.
6. General Fund to Downtown Grant (Admin.), $46,990.60.
F. Approval of bills -- Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
5. Unfinished business:
A. Police chief hiring status -- Discussion of.
6. New business:
A. Ms. Gail Leverson, Economic Developer Director, Region 5 Development Commission.
7. Youth Advisory Council report.
8. Public forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the council. Time limits may be imposed.
A -- Mayor
B -- City attorney
C -- City administrator
D -- City engineer
E -- City planner
10. Council committee reports.
A -- Personnel and Finance Committee.
B -- Safety and Public Works Committee.
C -- Other committees.
11. Call for applicants.
A. Transportation Committee -- One vacancy -- One-year term to expire 1/1/02.
B. Charter Commission -- Three vacancies -- Recommendations by council to district court judge -- Terms expire 1/1/05.
Adjourned to 5 p.m. March 1 for consideration of the findings and recommendations regarding suspension or revoking of New Winnipeg Lounge liquor license and such other business that may properly come before the council.
Personnel and Finance Committee will meet at 6:45 p.m.
Safety and Public Works Committee will meet at 6:15 p.m.
Brainerd City Council
Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets 6:45 p.m. Tuesday
1. Price increase request for homes in the Willows Project -- Discussion of.
2. Fire equipment operator vacancy -- Appointment of Kevin Tengwall at a rate of $12.62 per union contract -- Recommended by Chief Mahle -- Discussion of.
3. Request for civic center personnel -- Discussion of.
4. 2002 fire contract calculation -- Discussion of.
5. Annual investment policy review -- Discussion of.
6. City planner/community development position description -- Status of.
7. East Brainerd Mall TIF -- Status of.
Brainerd City Council
Safety and Public Works Committee
Meets 6:15 p.m. Tuesday
1. 1316 Norwood St.
2. Licensing of residential contractors.
3. Timberland Townhomes utility extension.
4. Transportation Committee resolution.
5. Parking ticket appeals.
Staples City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
1. Approve minutes from previous meeting.
2. Annual fire department report -- Chief Hassler.
3. Appointment to Water and Light Board.
4. Consider regulating the number of animals allowed on premises.
5. Consider regulating the number of occupants allowed in a dwelling.
6. Consider the bills.
7. Open forum.
8. Business brought forward by council members.
Crow Wing County meetings
Monday -- President's Day, county offices closed.
Tuesday -- Human Rights Commission, Commissioners' Room.
Wednesday -- Central Minnesota Community Corrections Executive Committee, Administration Office, 611 Oak St., Brainerd; Regional Jail Task Force meeting, Crow Wing County Sheriff's Department; Community Health Services Advisory Committee, County Health Department Conference Room.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.