Meets 7 p.m. Wednesday
Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approve minutes of Jan. 16.
Planning and Zoning.
Park and Rec.
Nisswa Chamber of Commerce.
A. Nisswa Chamber of Commerce request of $1,000 for economic development.
B. Emergency management plan.
C. NPD pursuit policy.
D. Monetary limits on municipal tort liability.
E. Board of Review - Thursday, May 15 at 10 a.m.
F. Review letter of Planning Commission appeal.
B. Council minutes.
Presentation of claims.
Baxter City Council
The continuation of the Strategic Visioning Workshop will be held at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Baxter City Hall.
Baxter City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
Baxter City Hall
1. Call meeting to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. consent agenda.
A. Approval of council minutes of Feb. 6.
B. Payment of bills and approval of finance report.
C. Accept Utilities Commission minutes of Feb. 6.
1. Find the current right-of-way of Design Drive is adequate and approve a 30 foot setback from Design Drive for the Bremer Bank addition and directs city attorney to write a letter to the applicant confirming this decision.
2. Approve the Richard and Rebecca Polipnick water and sewer connection agreement.
3. Approve Ordinance No. 2008-2 amending Section 8-1-2(A) of the Baxter City Code: An ordinance regarding city water specifications and the purchase of water meters.
4. Approve Ordinance No. 2008-3 amending Section 1 of the Baxter City Code: An ordinance regarding special assessments.
5. approve the commercial letter language for the 2008 audited stormwater utility bills.
6. Approve the chemLawn reseeding of Dr. Olson's site with an approved wetland mix for the total cost not to exceed of $2,675.
7. Approve the Tom's Backhoe Services partial pay estimate No. 8 for the 2007 Cedar Scenic Area Improvement in the amount of $4,599.
D. Accept ARC minutes of Feb. 7.
1. Approve the revised plans submitted by Crow Wing Power to install electrical generators at Lindar Corporation, Team Industries, and Wal-Mart with condition.
2. Approve the plans for the Bremer Bank addition as submitted provided all exposed back portions of the parapets are covered with like materials.
E. Accept Planning and Zoning Commission minutes of Feb. 12.
F. Approve the purchase of Trimble GPS equipment.
G. Approve out of state training for investigator Andy Rooney.
5. Pulled agenda items.
6. Other businesses.
A. Richard Slieter CBHH.
B. Planning and Zoning actions.
1. Approve the Ordinance No. 2008-4 amending Title 10-2-2 and 11-1-3 relating to definition of a lot area based on staff findings and recommendations.
2. Approve Ordinance No. 2008-5 amending Title 10-2-2 and 11 1-3 relating to definition of a lot area based on staff findings and recommendations.
3. Approve the rezoning amendment from low density residential (R-1) to medium density residential (R-2) for Tony Harmening, 7180 Excelsior Road, per staff's findings.
4. Approve the conditional use permit for outdoor storage and a fence height not to exceed eight (8) feet for Steve and Debra Vitale, 13461 Dogwood Drive, per staff findings and conditions.
7. Public comments.
9. Council comments.
A. Jim Klein- Industrial and Economic Development Commission.
B. Rob Moser - Parks and Recreation Commission.
C. Todd Holman - Long Range Planning Commission.
D. Gary Muehlhausen - Utilties Commission.
E. Darrel Olson - Planning and Zoning Commission and other mayoral comments.
10. City attorney.
11. City administrator's report.
12. Staff reports.
Crow Wing County Committee of the Whole
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Jinx Ferrari Meeting Room, 2nd floor, Historic Courthouse, Brainerd, MN
*Note: Times are approximate.
9 a.m. Leadership Team Report Deborah Erickson
9:05 a.m. Baxter Community Behavioral Health Hospital Annual Report Richard Slieter
9:30 a.m. Administrator Search Requirements Sharon Klumpp, Springsted
10:30 a.m. Committee Structure Discussion
Other Board Activities
The following list includes Crow Wing County meetings that may be attended by one or more
members of the Crow Wing County Board:
Monday, President's Day, County Offices Closed
Tuesday, 5 p.m. Historical Society Committee: Crow Wing County Museum; 5 p.m. - Human Rights Commission: CLC.
Wednesday, 9 a.m. Central Minnesota Community Corrections Executive Committee: Central Minnesota Community Corrections Administration Office; 10 a.m. - bid opening, S.A.P. 18-603-16 (Mill Avenue Reconstruction): Historic Courthouse, Jinx Ferrari Meeting Room; 2 p.m. - Benefits Committee: Land Services Building, Land Department Conference Room.
Thursday, 5 p.m. TCC (Tri-County Community Action Program, Inc.) Board of Directors: TCC Office, Brainerd; 5:15 p.m. - Board of Adjustment: Land Services Building, Meeting Room 2.
Monday, February 25 9 a.m. Thirty Lakes Watershed District Board of Mangers: Thirty Lakes Watershed District Office, Brainerd.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.