Pequot Lakes School Board
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of agenda.
5. Approval of past meeting minutes.
6. Authorization of accounts paid.
a. Student Council
c. Community Education Director
8. Consent agenda
a. Accept donations.
a. Staff resignations
b. Staff contracts
c. Child Care Leave Request
d. Coaching assignments
10. New business
a. Technology-School Board meetings
b. Computer Lab/Project Lead the Way Lab renovations
c. Open enrollment
d. 2008-09 school calendar
e. Religious Release
f. Local 284 Grievance Hearing
11. Announcements and meeting dates
4:30 p.m. Feb. 25, Long Range Planning; 7 p.m. Feb. 25, Curriculum; 3:30 p.m. March 3, Buildings and Grounds; 3:30 p.m. March 10, Personnel; 4:30 p.m. March 10, Finance; and 7 p.m. March 17, regular board meeting.
12. Closed session for negotiations planning.
Crosslake City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
Crosslake City Hall
There will be public hearing for an appeal of the denial of a variance for Steven and Rebecca Zilka at 6 p.m. at city hall.
Crosslake meeting agenda
A. Call to order
1. Approval of additions to the agenda.
B. Critical issues.
1. Lynn Scharenbroich. Update on Paul Bunyan Scenic Byway Association.
2. Ruth Ann Hanson, St. Patrick's Day Parade and Celebration.
C. Consent Calendar, notice to the public, all items here listed are considered to be routine by the city council and will be acted on by one motion. There will no separate discussion on these items unless a citizen or council member so requests.
1. Regular council meeting minutes of Jan. 14.
2. Crosslake Communications, balance sheet and income statement, detail of reserve balances dated Dec. 31, 2007.
3. City, month end revenue report dated December 2007.
4. City, month end expenditure report dated December 2007.
5. Lakes State Bank pledge update January 2008.
6. Northern National Bank pledge update, January 2007.
a. Letter dated Jan. 31, from Northern National Bank re: certificate of adoption of director's resolution.
7. Lakewood Bank pledge update, January.
8. First Federal Savings pledge update, January.
D. Public Forum
E. Mayor's report
F. City administrator's report
1. Bills for approval.
2. Memo dated Jan. 29, from Darlene Roach re: tax increment financing reimbursement.
3. Memo dated Feb. 5, from Darlene Roach re: request for wine license.
4. Memo dated Feb. 5, from city administrator re: recommendation for quote to install automatic door opener on city hall front door.
5. Memo dated Feb. 7, from city administrator and community developer director re: recommendation to lease copy machine.
6. Agreement for professional services by and between the city of Crosslake and the Brainerd Lakes Area Development Corp. for calendar year 2008.
7. Letter from Pequot Lakes Grad Blast Committee re: 2008 donation.
8. Letter from Pine River-Backus Grad Blast Committee re: 2008 donation.
9. Crosslake-Ideal Lions contribution report from July 1-Dec. 21, 2007.
10. Letter dated Jan. 15, from county auditor re: election dates and public meetings.
G. Commission reports
1. Park and recreation/library
a. Crosslake Park and Recreation/Library Commission meeting minutes of Nov. 26, 2007.
b. Fundraising committee meeting minutes of Jan. 14, 2008.
c. Staff report dated Jan. 9, from Jon Henke re: Community Center updates.
2. Public safety
a. January, police report for Crosslake.
b. January, police report for Mission Township.
c. Resolution authorizing participation in the PERA Police and Fire Plan for Jay Lorch.
d. Memo dated Feb. 11 from Chief Hartman re: recognition of Officer Willard.
e. January 2008 - Fire department report.
f. Memo dated Feb. 5 from city administrator re: 2008-09 Fire Service Contracts.
3. Crosslake Communications
a. Highlights report for January.
b. Crosslake Communication's Bills for approval Dec. 1-Dec. 31, 2007.
c. Crosslake Communications regular meeting minutes of Jan. 29.
d. Crosslake Communications customer counts.
4. Personnel committee
a. Memo dated Feb. 7 from personnel committee re: personnel committee recommendation.
5. Public works/cemetery/sewer
a. Public works commission meeting minutes of Jan. 7.
b. January wastewater treatment discharge monitoring report.
c. Memo dated Feb. 5 from Public Works Commission re: recommendation to award quote for installation of standby power equipment at the city hall/emergency services center.
d. Letter dated Feb. 5 from County Highway Engineer re: annual bridge inspection.
e. Letter dated Feb. 5 from WSN re: proposal for feasibility study for Sunrise Island Bridge.
f. Resolution requesting comprehensive road and transit funding.
6. Planning and Zoning
a. Planning and Zoning commission regular meeting minutes of Dec. 21.
b. Permit summary for January.
c. Staff report dated Feb. 11 from Planning and Zoning re: recommendation for Shoutz Subdivision 2008-01, regarding park dedication for the City of Crosslake.
d. Memo dated Feb. 11 from Ken Anderson re: Planning and Zoning Commission request for Council direction regarding Metes and Bounds subdivisions.
e. Staff report dated Feb. 11 from Ken Anderson re: recommendation to adopt ordinance amendment 2007-007 relating to nonconforming uses and structures.
f. Staff report dated Feb. 11 from Ken Anderson re: recommendation to adopt ordinance amendment 2007-008 relating to corner-side yard setbacks.
g. Staff report dated Feb. 11 from Ken Anderson re: recommendation to adopt ordinance amendment 2007-009 relating to the definition and the performace standards of patio and decks for the City of Crosslake.
h. Letter dated Feb. 6 from Laurie and Robert Herje re: subdivision.
i. Staff report dated Feb. 11 from Ken Anderson re: appeal 2007-004 to the City of Crosslake, Abra True Value appeal of Planning and Zoning Commission denial of appeal 2007-002 to remove an internally illuminated freestanding sign.
j. Memo dated Feb. 11 from Ken Anderson re: approve Wetland Restoration agreement for David Nevin.
a. Crosslake Roll-Off and Recycling report for January.
b. Waste Partners Recycling report for December 2007.
c. Letter dated Jan. 25 from Darlene Roach to the Solid Waste Coordinator re: SCORE Funds.
8. Economic Development Authority.
H. City attorney.
I. Old business
J. New business.
K. Public forum.
Pillager School Board
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
I. Call to order.
II. Pledge of Allegiance.
III. Consider additions/deletions/acceptance of the agenda.
IV. Visitors comments.
V. Consider Consent Agenda.
A. Minutes of the Jan. 14, meeting.
B. Monthly cash flow including investments.
C. Donations: Wells Fargo Community Support - $316.33; Husky Boosters - $1,000.
D. Appoint Wanda Bell LEA (Title I) Administrative Representative.
VI. Special board reports with possible action.
1. Committee report.
2. Monthly bills paid.
3. Second update FY08 budget.
4. Consider reduction resolution.
1. Teacher resignation.
1. Committee report.
2. Freshwater Education District report.
1. Open enrollment update.
1. Committee report.
VII. Special reports.
A. Elementary principal's report.
B. Secondary principal's report.
C. Superintendent's report.
Pillager School Board Facilities Committee
Meets 7 a.m. Thursday
I. Call to order.
II. Early Childhood Building.
III. Room options.
IV. Administrative building.
Pillager School Board Curriculum Committee
Meets 4 p.m. Thursday
I. Call to order.
II. Language Arts report.
III. Math report.
Pillager Budget Committee
Meets 7 a.m. Monday
I. Call to order.
II. Review FY08 second budget revision.
Crow Wing County Board of Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
County Board Room
1. Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Open forum.
3. Review and approve Jan. 22 regular county board minutes.
4. Review and approve Feb. 12 county board meeting agenda.
5. Approve consent agenda.
5.1. Certifications of satisfactory grooming.
5.2. Premises gambling permit.
6. Miscellaneous business.
6.1. Lyle Hovland, Chair WesMin RC&D.
6.2. Cancellation of tax forfeited land contracts.
6.3. 2007 Wetland Conservation Act report.
6.4. 2007 Water Plan Report.
6.5. Long distance/local telephone service agreement.
6.6. Committee reports.
6.7. New business.
7. County sheriff.
7.1. Boat and Water Safety Grant.
7.2. 2008 Federal Boating Enforcement Supplemental Grant.
7.3. Lakes Area Drug Investigative Division Grant.
7.4. Lt. Colonel Dave Grossman presentation proposal.
7.5. Retirement of K-9, Nitro.
7.6. Amendment to agreement with A'viands.
8. Emergency management.
8.1. All Hazard Mitigation Plan.
8.2. Donation FEMA trailers.
8.3. Out of state travel request.
9. Human services director.
9.2. Director's report.
10. Board of Health.
10.1. Vaccine pricing.
10.2. Out of state travel request.
10.3. MN Dept of Health Local Public Health Act Funding - 2008 assurances and agreements.
11. County auditor.
11.1. County maintained ATM machine (information update from Nov. 27).
11.2. Schedule Kimball Lake Improvement District Public Hearing - March 25.
11.3. Schedule continuation of Sibley Lake Improvement District Public Hearing - March 25.
11.4. 2008 Budget Amendment (Sheriff's Dispatch and Human Resources).
11.5. Reserved and unreserved designated fund balances as of Dec. 31, 2007.
11.6. Unreserved/undesignated fund balance analysis and policy.
11.7. Financial summary for the year ending Dec. 31, 2007.
12. County recorder - Unallocated Fund Task Force recommendations.
13. Highway department.
13.1. Agreement with State of Minnesota - signalization at TH371 and CSAH 16.
13.2. Bridges eligible for state bridge bonding and town bridge funding.
13.3. Petition for Pine Oak Lane to become Town Road.
13.4. Advertise for bids - annual supply of pipe culverts.
13.5. Advertise for bids - annual pavement marking contract.
13.6. Advertise for bids - 2008 construction projects.
13.7. MN highway users tax distribution fund.
13.8. Update on active grant applications.
13.9. MN County Engineers Assn. 2007-2008 legislative platform.
13.10. Transportation Alliance Information re: Governor's 2008 capital bonding bill recommendation.
13.11. Resolution supporting technical correction of High Priority Project TEA No. 259, Mississippi River Crossing.
12:00 p.m. Lunch break.
14. Human resources director.
14.1. Hiring requests - replacements.
14.1.1. Treasurer - Six Clerk II - Temporary Positions.
14.1.2. Information Systems technical support technician.
14.1.3. Social Services - Social worker.
14.1.4. Social Services - Child Support Officer (internal).
14.2. Hiring requests - new.
14.2.1. Social Services - financial worker.
14.2.2. Social Services - Family Service Aide II (previously contracted).
14.3. County Administrator recruitment strategies.
14.4. Request to rescind resignation - facilities manager.
14.5. Sheriff staffing process.
15. County administrator.
15.1. Dennis Pluff variance application.
15.2. Land Services report.
15.3. Sanitary Management report.
15.4. Committee Structure Draft report.
15.5. Letter of resignation of county administrator.
16. Other board activities.
Upcoming Crow Wing County meetings:
Monday 5 p.m. Crow Wing County Housing & Redevelopment Authority: Land Department Conference Room, Land Services.
Wednesday 5:30 p.m. Parks Advisory Commission: Land Department Conference Room, Land Services.
Thursday 5 p.m. Planning Commission: Meeting Room 2, Land Services.
Friday 9 a.m. Mississippi Headwaters Board: Walker
Monday, Feb. 18, holiday, county offices closed.
Brainerd School Board
Meets at 7 p.m. Monday
Educational Services Building
1. Roll call.
2. Delegations, petitions, communications.
3. Approval of minutes:
Regular school board, Jan. 14.
Special school board, Jan. 28.
4. Consent calendar.
Claims and accounts
ISD 181 administrator resignations:
Pat Altrichter (elem curriculum dir.) - effective end of 2007-2008 school year.
George Tetreault (Dir., MLC) - effective June 30.
Paul Bunyan Co-op Administrator Resignation:
Bonnie Kriha (SpEd Coord. Co-op) - effective June 13.
Other Certified Staff Resignations:
Sally Boos (SpEd, FV) - effective end of 2007-2008 school year.
Gary Bradshaw (Psych, Co-op) - effective June 13.
Jan Costello (PhyEd, FV)-- effective end of 2007-2008 school year (May 31).
Tom Diemert (Sci, FV) - effective Oct. 31.
Bryce Eaton (Math, S. Campus) - effective end of 2007-2008 school year.
Linda Hamilton (school nurse) - three year extended leave of absence leading to retirement - effective end of 2007-2008 school year.
Sandra Janssen (Fam Cons Sci, HS) - effective May 30.
Jenny Johnson (Phy Impaired, Co-op) - effective May 31, 2008
Alison (Ohe) Tertin (on leave) - effective end of 2007-2008 school year.
Linda Palmer (1st Gr, Garf) - effective Sept. 1.
Robyn Schaefer (Lang Arts, HS) - effective end of 2007-2008 school year (May 30.)
Bruce Thompson (PhyEd, HS) - effective May 30, 2008
New non-teaching employees
Angela Felland - educational assistant, MLC - 7.5 hr/day, 9 month- $8.97/hr - effective Jan. 14.
Lynette Golden - educational assistant, MLC - 8 hr/day, 9 month- $9.02/hr - effective Jan. 3.
Gerald Lyscio - educational assistant, transportation - 4 hr/day, 9 Month - $8.97/hr - effective Dec. 3, 2007.
Leaves of Absence
5. Old business.
1. Sale of $4.275 million aid anticipation certificates - for approval.
2. 2008-09 school calendar - for approval.
6. New business.
1. Call for health insurance request For Proposal (RFP)
2. Call for sales of refunding issues.
2002 $59.9 million.
1999 $6.355 million.
1998 $5.895 million.
3. Field trip requests from ISD 181 Learning Center.
STARS Spring Conference, April 17-18.
Audubon Environmental Learning Center, May 7-9.
1. Schools for Equity in Education (SEE) - Lew Hudson.
2. MnCOLA (Minnesota Collaborative Online Learning Academy) - Ruth Gmeinder.
3. School board member reports - general.
4. Superintendent's Report - Jerry Walseth.
5. Director of Business Services' Report - Steve Dickinson.
Section B - committee reports
1. Building Committee - Reed Campbell.
2. Curriculum/Student Activities Committee - Ruth Gmeinder (met Jan. 24, Feb. 7).
3. Finance/Insurance Committee - Bob Nystrom.
4. Legislative Committee - Lew Hudson met Jan. 31.
5. Long Range Planning Committee - Ruth Nelson.
6. Personnel Committee - Kent Montgomery met Jan. 17, Feb. 7.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.