Meets at 7:30 p.m.
1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent Calendar.
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Jan. 16 and the special meeting held on Dec. 22. 2006. as distributed.
B. Approval of licenses - Recommended by City Administrator Vogt.
1. Contractor's licenses - 3 - new.
2. Contractor's licenses - 7 - renewals.
C. Department reports.
1. Mayor's report of activities distributed to council.
2. Fire chief's report of activities distributed to mayor and council.
3. Park director's report of activities distributed to mayor and council
D. Investment policy - no changes recommended - Approval of.
E. Minnesota Lawful Gambling application for exempt permit submitted by Riverside PTA for a raffle drawing on March 30 at Riverside School.
F. Resignation - records management technician, Police Department - Ms
Jessica J. Turner - Effective January 31. 2006 - Accept with Regret - (See
Personnel and Finance Committee Agenda No. 9)
G. Resolution Authorizing the Chairman and/or Vice Chairman of the Brainerd
Lakes Regional Airport Commission to Act as the Authorized
Representative for the City of Brainerd for all 2007 Capital Projects - adopt resolution.
H. Authorize hiring of paid on call firefighter Joe Mussel - Effective Feb. 6.
5. Current character trait - truthfulness.
6. Unfinished business.
A. M54 permit application -presentation.
B. Mill Avenue reconstruction - presentation.
C. Wright Street extension.
D. League of Minnesota Cities training.
E. Committees/Commissions - discussion of.
7. New business.
A. Joint meeting - Council/Planning Commission/EDA - set date.
8. Public forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the council. Time limits may be imposed.
A - Mayor.
B - City attorney.
C - City administrator.
o - City engineer.
E - City planner.
F - Fire chief.
G - Park director.
10. Council committee reports.
A - Safety and Public Works Committee.
B - Personnel and Finance Committee.
C - Other committees.
11. Committee recommendations - Recommended by Mayor Wallin.
A - Mr. Brad Davis - Airport Commission, city appointee - term to expire Jan. 1, 2010.
B - Ms. Anne Nelson Fisher - Fire Advisory Board Liaison - term to expire Jan. 1, 2008.
C - Ms. Lucy Nesheim - Region 5 Liaison - Term to expire Feb. 11, 2009.
12. Committee recommendations - Recommended by Council President Bevans.
A - Mr. Mark Bublitz - Community Behavioral Health Hospital, Baxter - term to expire
Jan. 1, 2008.
13. Call for applicants.
A. Cable Advisory Board - one three-year term to expire Jan. 1, 2008.
B. Charter Commission - three four-year terms to expire Jan. 1, 2011.
C. Library Board - one term to expire Jan. 1, 2008.
D. Planning Commission - one term to expire Jan. 1, 2008.
NOTE: Safety and Public Works Committee will meet at 6:15 P.M.
Personnel and Finance Committee will meet at 6:15 P.M.
Personnel and Finance Committee Agenda
Meets 6:15 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall
1. Tuition reimbursement agreement.
2. Old city garage - status.
3. Arena finances.
4. Rental housing fee.
5. Fire department issues..
6. Payroll/accounting specialist compensation..
7. Records management technician hiring.
8. Global Warming.
9. Resignation of Ms. Jessica Turner from police department.
10. Hiring of paid on call firefighter Joe Mussell
Safety and Public Works Committee
Meets 6:15 p.m.
City Council Chambers
1. Temporary structures.
2. Council meeting times.
3. Special committee meeting.
4. Improvement 04-11, Bluff Avenue, adoption of resolution calling for hearing on Tuesday, Feb. 20th.
5. Assessment policy.
6. Improvement 05-19, Washington Street storm sewer, environmental proposal.
7. Improvement 05-18 assessment issue.
7:20 - 7:30 8. Motor grader purchase.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.