Cass County Board
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Commissioners Board Room
1. Call to order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of agenda for discussion.
2. 2008 Legislative Priorities. Larry Howes - State Representative District 4B, Frank Moe State Representative 4A, Mary Olson - State Senator.
3. Robert Yochum - County Administrator.
a. Consent Agenda.
b. Report back on tabled HHVS Personnel actions.
c. Report back on VSO Enhancement Grant.
d. Authorize RFP's on construction management and owners representative - Courthouse Campus Project.
4. Norm Moody - Land Commissioner.
a. Public hearing - Class B land exchange - tax forfeited land (Sylvan, Blind Lake and Maple Townships) for county fee owned land (Blind Lake and Maple Township).
b. Receive and file preliminary timber harvest survey.
c. Receive and file timber auction results of Jan. 31, 2008.
5. Dave Enblom - Highway Engineer.
a. Approve resolution on Cooper Lake Road revocation.
b. Approve final payment on SAP 11-650-04.
c. Approval to award bid for calcium chloride contract.
6. Randy Fisher - sheriff.
a. Receive & file Sheriff's Office 2007 Calls for Service Data.
7. Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
a. Joint meeting with Crow Wing County, Monday, March 31, 2008, 9 a.m., Backus Land Department, Backus.
1. Approve board minutes of Jan. 22, 2008.
2. Approve auditor warrants dated Jan. 17, 2008 in the amount of $184,177.02.
3. Approve HHVS commissioner warrants dated Jan. 18, 2008 in the amount of $223,491.72.
4. Approve HHVS auditor warrants dated Jan. 18, 2008 in the amount of $192,505.98.
5. Approve auditor warrants dated Jan. 24, 2008 in the amount of $282,776.33.
6. Approve HHVS commissioner warrants dated Jan. 24, 2008 in the amount of $850.90
7. Approve auditor warrants dated Jan. 31, 2008 in the amount of $1,073.
8. Approve auditor warrants dated Jan. 31, 2008 in the amount of $131,280.01.
9. Approve personnel actions.
10. Approve licenses - tobacco, 3.2 beer, liquor, gambling, etc.
11. Award quote for a legal land survey, property corners, and topographic survey on HRA property adjacent to the Land Department.
12. Receive and file Cass County EDC December 2007 Activity Report.
13. Receive and file Bi-County CAP, Inc. auditor's report dated Sept. 30, 2007.
14. Approve NRCS office space lease agreement (#57-6322-8-2-Walker, Minn.) in the amount of $505.52/month from Jan. 1, 2008 - Dec. 31, 2012.
15. Approve HHVS Home and Community - Based Services Contract with Lutheran Social Services from Jan. 1, 2007 - Dec. 31, 2008.
16. Approve resolution on 2008 Boat and Water Safety Grant Agreement (#B10674) in the amount of $60,124 from Jan. 1, 2008 - June 30, 2009.
17. Approve new depositories for Cass County funds.
18. Approve courthouse elevator's maintenance agreement with ThyssenKrupp Elevator in the amount of $275 per quarter.
19. Approve payment to Crow Wing County Jail Project 4th POD project cost (minus sales tax refund in the amount of $3,662.25) in the amount of $162,101.75, and receive and file receipt of jail project.
20. Approve Nov./Dec.2007 unorganized township maintenance costs in the amount of $26,962.70, administrations cost in the amount of $1,806.63, and engineering cost of $1,122.50 in the total amount of $29,891.83.
21. Approve of out of state travel for Highway Engineer David Enblom to NACE Conference, Portland Oregon, April 19 - 25, 2008.
22. Approve Cities of Deer River, Federal Dam, Longville, Remer, and Walker fire contracts for Unorganized Townships from Jan. 1, 2008 - Dec. 31, 2008.
23. Approve final pay request No. 6 for jail roof project, M.G.Carlson in the amount of $5,630 (capital fund).
24. Receive and file PRASD financial summary from May 1, 2006 through December 31, 2007.
25. Accept donation of $25 from F&S Transmission for the Sheriff's Office - Squad equipment.
Crow Wing Countybr>
The following list includes Crow Wing County meetings that may be attended by one or more members of the Crow Wing County Board:
Monday 1 p.m. Extension Committee: Land Services Building, Land Department Conference Room.
Tuesday 9:30 a.m. Brainerd Lakes Regional Airport Commission: Airport Conference Room.
Wednesday 9 a.m. GIS Steering Committee: Land Services Building, Land Department Conference Room
Thursday 7:30 a.m. Law Library Board: Judicial Center, Jury Assembly Room.
Monday, February 11 5 p.m. HRA: Land Services Building, Land Department Conference Room.
Brainerd City Council
Meets 7:30 p .m. Monday
1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent Calendar.
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Jan. 22, the special meeting held on Jan. 23 and the special meeting on Jan. 28 as distributed.
B. Approval of 2008 licenses - Recommended by City Administrator Vogt.
1. Contractor's licenses - 8 - renewals.
2, Contractor's licenses - 1 - new.
C. Department reports.
1. Mayor's report of activities distributed to council.
2. Fire chief's report of activities distributed to mayor and council.
3. Park director's report of activities distributed to mayor and council.
D. Minnesota Lawful Gambling Lawful Gambling License Renewal Application - Submitted by Eagles Aerie 287, 124 Front Street, Brainerd - adopt resolution - approval of.
E. Minnesota Lawful Gambling Lease for Lawful Gambling Activity-Submitted by American Legion Post 255 to conduct lawful gambling at the American Legion Post 255 at 708 Front Street, Brainerd; Yesterdays Gone at 612 Front Street, Brainerd and Buffalo Creek/Red Roof Inn at 2115 Sixth Street South, Brainerd - Adoption of a Resolution.
F. Jose Cole Circus - Request to Waive $25 Circus Permit Fee for the Crow Wing County Council on Aging for the Jose Cole Circus to be held on Thursday, April 17, approval of.
G. Minnesota Lawful Gambling Application to conduct Excluded Bingo - Submitted by the Lumber Jack's and Jill's Club for an event to be held on March 19 and Nov. 12 at the American Legion Post No. 255, 708 Front Street, Brainerd - Approval of.
H. Police Department - Ms. Tanya Knopik - police records management tech - Complete 1-year employment - advance to Step "C" of the Salary Administration Plan (95 percent of base rate) - effective Feb. 12.
Engineering Department - Mr. Robert Vranish - Engineering Tech - completion of 6-month probation - change status from "Probationary" to "Regular" - effective Jan. 27, No Change in Pay.
J. Agreement between the city of Brainerd and BLADC for 2008 - as budgeted - approval of.
K. Approval of bills.
5. Character trait - Truthfulness.
6. Unfinished business.
A. Wastewater Treatment Facility - flow allocation to Baxter - discuss timing of joint meeting.
B. Zoning ordinance rewrite - Schedule joint meeting between council and Planning Commission.
7. New business.
A. First reading - Proposed Ordinance 1319 - An ordinance providing for the annexation of certain property located at 14895 Wonderland Park Road in Oak Lawn Township, Crow Wing County, to the city of Brainerd, Crow Wing County, Minnesota - Pursuant to Minnesota Statute 414.033 - City Administrator Vogt recommends dispensing with the actual reading.
8. Public forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the council. Time limits may be imposed.
B - City attorney.
C - City administrator.
D - City engineer.
E - City planner.
F - Fire chief.
G - Park director.
10. Committee reports.
A - Safety and Public Works Committee.
B - Personnel and Finance Committee.
C - Other Committees.
11. Committee re-appointments - Recommended by Mayor Wallin.
A. Correction - Charter Commission liaison Kelly Bevans currently serving 4-year term to expire Jan. 1, 2011, and was not due for re-appointment as listed on the Jan. 7 agenda.
B. Transportation Committee - Ms. Muriel Ostrom, appointment for 1-year term to expire Jan. 1, 2009.
C. Transportation Committee - re-appoint council member Nelson Fisher as liaison for a 1-year term to expire Jan. 1, 2009.
D. Fire Advisory Board - re-appoint council member Nelson Fisher as liaison for 1-year term to expire Jan. 1, 2009.
E. Senior Center - re-appoint council member Cumberland as liaison for 1-year term to expire Jan. 1, 2009.
F. Northland Arboretum - Mayor Wallin to continue to serve as Council Liaison through term as Mayor.
12. Call for Applicants.
A. Charter Commission - one term to expire Jan. 1, 2011.
B. Library Board - two six-year terms to expire Jan. 1, 2014.
C. Economic Development Authority (EDA) - one 6-year term to expire Sept. 7, 2013.
Safety and Public Works Committee
Meets 6:30 p.m. Monday
1. Noise testing.
2. Transit bus disposal.
3. Tax forfeit parcel.
4. BN parking lot lease.
5. Rental license suspension - 401 N 8th Street.
6. Resolution related to technical correction.
Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets 7 p.m.
1. Annual Investment Policy review - approval of.
2. Community Action request for July 4th Celebration fireworks funding.
3. Brainerd Northside Neighborhood Association - request for funding.
4. BAHA lease agreements - set special committee meeting.
5. Union negotiations - status of.
6. Kiwanis donation for park equipment - request for matching funds - Discussion of.
7. Police Department - Ms. Tanya Knopik - police records management tech - complete 1-year employment - Advance to Step "C" of the Salary Administration Plan (95 percent of base rate) - effective February 12.
8. Engineering Department - Mr. Robert Vranish - engineering technician - completion of 6-month probation - change status from "Probationary" to "regular" - effective Jan. 27 - no change in pay.
Little Falls Special City Council Meeting
1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Determination of a quorum.
4. Special business (development projects).
A. LELS Labor Strategies.
B. IUOE 49's.
Little Falls City Council
Meets 7:30 p .m.
1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Determination of a quorum.
4. Awards, donations, presentations and proclamations.
5. Approval minutes.
A) Special city council meeting, Jan. 28.
B) Regular city council meeting, Jan. 28.
6. Citizens appeals and petitions.
A) Citizens appeals.
7. Additions and adjustments.
8. Public hearing lettings.
A) Pubic hearings.
- Carpet scrubber, city facilities.
- Directional boring, county road 76.
9. Reports of authorities, boards, bureaus, commissions and committees.
A) Personnel and Finance Committee.
- Personnel and Finance Committee.
- Volunteer firefighters, authorization to hire.
B) Public Works Committee
- 2007 Annual fire department report.
- Wastewater Treatment Operations Report, December 2007.
- Streetlights, nine and one-half street southeast, Resolution 2008-22.
10. Licenses and permits.
a) Change order No. 1, Kuechle underground, Inc., public improvements 336.
b) Ordinance No. 1, Sixth Series, Name Certain Street, Third Avenue Northeast.
c) Resolution 2008-10, accept feasibility Report and Call for Public Hearing, Cherry Avenue Southeast, Surface and Utility Improvements.
d) Resolution 2008-19, accept feasibility report and call for public hearing, Crestview Drive.
11. Old business.
e) Resolution, 2008-20, accept Feasibility Report and call for public hearing, First Avenue Southwest, surface improvements.
f) Resolution 2008-21, Belle Prairie Suburban Annexation Area, J & M Developers.
12. New business
a) Confirmation of Engineering Services, Widseth, Smith Nolting and Associates.
b) Mayor's appointments, Paula Daniels, Library Board.
13. Approval of bills.
Approve checks 71886-71963.
Voided checks 71887.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.