AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY Marcie Larsen 829-6212, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Office Help answer phones, office work, computer work, help with mailings, etc. Flexible hrs. 4 hours per week M-F.
* 2004 Pink Ribbon Golf Tournament Helper - Looking for individuals to provide assistance in all phases of planning and preparing for a 2004 Pink Ribbon Golf Tournament. You do not need to be a golfer or have any previous experience. All talents and skill will be utilized.
AMERICAN RED CROSS OF NORTHERN LAKES AREA CHAPTER Pat Charlson 829-4004
Who to contact
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO:
* List your volunteer opportunities
* Nominate a volunteer for "Volunteer
of the Month" or
* Sign up to be "Agency of the Month"
by being on the Volunteer Connection
Crow Wing County
424 NW 3rd Street
Brainerd, MN 56401
W (218) 822-4020
F (218) 829-0228
* Office Assistant assist Administrative Assistant with filing, mailings, faxing, copying and answering phones. M-W-F 1:00-4:30.
BETHANY GOOD SAMARITAN Illa Hines 825-2505
* Grantwriter assist non-profit agency with grant writing.
* In-House Escorts Transport residents to and from dining and medical escorts within our building.
* Office Help assist staff with telephone and miscellaneous filing.
* Musicians looking for a place to rehearse or perform? We have space. Evenings once a month.
BRAINERD PUBLIC LIBRARY Wendy Lee 829-5574, email@example.com
* Library Shelving Aide - Shelve books and other library materials. 2 hrs per day or week.
BRAINERD REGIONAL HUMAN SERVICES CENTER Carol Rose 828-2420, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Canteen Volunteer help needed in our patient store. Must be over 21.
* Client volunteer needed to spend time with clients that are working on re-entering the community. Spend time visiting, playing cards, etc.
* Donations Volunteer Need help with the donations room one time per week for 1.5 hours.
* Mentor Need short-term volunteer to mentor a youth with special needs, loves cars.
* Mentor Need short-term, African American volunteer to mentor 15 year old female.
* Service Volunteer Need someone to do a non-denominational religious service on Saturday mornings in our Nursing Home.
BRAINERD SCHOOLS ISD #181 Susan or Lisa 828-0842
* After School Assistant assist in providing homework help, creative crafts and board/card games and social/recreational activities for students in K 5th grade.
* Classroom Parent/Grandparent Do you miss your children/grandchildren? We need you in the K-5 grade helping with anything you can, like reading, art, etc. The children learn and love having a grandparent figure sharing their time with them. Flexible schedule.
* Math & Reading Helpers - Help with math stations, playing games or using flash cards or reading or listening to children read in the K 5th grade. Days and times are flexible.
* Picture Person Help 4th and 5th grade students explore and enhance their art curriculum once a month. We have wonderful, colored prints by well known artists. If you enjoy color this would be a fun experience for you. Prints and training provided.
* Reading Tutor Early Child Education read to pre-schoolers. Times and days are flexible.
CIRCLE OF PARENTS PREVENT CHILD ABUSE MINNESOTA Greg Breen 828-4485
* Board member needed to serve as secretary for the organization.
CONFIDENCE LEARNING CENTER Mary Harder 828-2344, email@example.com
* Mechanic - to work on vehicles that have been donated through the Cars for Confidence program. These automobiles, snowmobiles, boats, and motorcycles may need a tune-up, brake pads, minor repairs or detailing before they can be sold. Times are flexible.
* Committee member for Golf or Fishing Tournament to work with in a team to bring in new energy and ideas, setup logistics, collect prizes, stuff bags, make lunches, make signs. Call for meeting times.
* Auction pick-up person Travel around Brainerd Lakes Area or statewide (when able) and pick up items that have been donated to camp. Times are flexible
* Rendezvous' Program Assistant Assist staff with facilitation of activities during our evening Rendezvous. Activities may include crafts, fishing, nature bingo, and environment games. We will in-service you on the activities for the evening. Dates/Times: December 13, 2003 = Christmas Party, January 8, 2004 = Astronomy, February 19, 2004 = Winter Jubilee, March 11, 2004 = Music Mania. All run from 5p.m 8p.m.
* Welder Make a table rack, chair rack, pop can collection trailer, hand rails. Projects need to be completed by Spring.
* Wildlife Sanctuary Caretaker care for the animals in the Wildlife Sanctuary and Nature Center. Perform minor cage repair, replace hay in the cages or pens, feed and love the rabbits, deer, pigs, turkey, pheasants, and chickens. 2 hours on Sunday or Monday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
CRISIS LINE & REFERAL SERVICE Kathleen Stephan 828-4515, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Crisis Intervention Phone Volunteer To provide crisis information and referral services to callers and to assist them to explore their thoughts, feelings and alternatives. 24-hour hotline . Days and hours are flexible.
CROW WING COUNTY HISTORICAL MUSEUM Mary Lou 829-3268
* Museum Greeter Help out one day a week (or "on call" sub) by answering phone, greeting visitors and selling merchandise. This position has a time commitment of one day a week on Tues, Thurs or Fri from 1:00-5:00.
CROW WING COUNTY UNITED WAY Laura 829-2619
* Special Events Coordinator Help plan United Way Special Events: Victory Celebration, Chili Cook off, and Day of Caring. Days and hours are flexible.
* Marketing Volunteer opportunity available to be part of a marketing committee. Volunteer would be designing brochures, newspaper ads, etc. Days and hours are flexible.
FAMILY SUPPORT NETWORK Greg Breen 822-3353
* Teen Facilitator Organize activities and discussion with teens on Monday nights while parents meet separately. Facilitate discussions and education with the goal of abuse prevention and improved family relations. Monday evenings from 5:30 7:30 p.m.
* Treasurer Handle bookkeeping duties, prepare monthly and annual financial reports for the advisory board. 8-10 hours per month on own, monthly 1 hour board meeting.
GIRL SCOUTS LAND OF LAKES COUNCIL Monica Husen 828-3515, email@example.com
* Co-leader needed to help with all the troop activities, volunteers to drive or teach a skill. 1.5 hours per week.
* Troop Helper help teach the girls a skill or drive for an event or just be a extra person at a few meetings to help.
JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT Paul 1-800-362-5925 x138
* Classroom Consultant Share with students in the Brainerd Area Elementary Schools, the importance of an education, how their families, communities and regions impact their future and prepare the students to value free enterprise, business and economics to improve the quality of their lives. Materials, training and flexible scheduling provided. Hours deliver 5 lessons that range from 30-45 minutes, day and time scheduled with teacher.
* Activity Assistant needed for our After School Club (ASC). The ASC meets at the Kinship Partners Office at 402 _ S 7th Street on Tuesdays from 3 5 p.m. The assistant would help 5th through 9th graders with projects, cooking, games, etc. Pam 829-4606.
* Mentor Spend 2-3 hours each week with a child doing everyday activities in your home or at community events. After school or weekends. Pam 829-4606, Cindy 568-4015, Rebecca 546-7308 Kinship Partners - We are in need of 30 adult mentors.
LAKES AREA HABITAT FOR HUMANITY Kevin or Laurie 828-8517 www.lakesareahabitat.org
* Construction Site Leader Person with general carpentry skills needed to supervise small groups of unskilled volunteers at Habitat. Hours are evenings or Saturdays: to be arranged.
* Materials Runner Persons with valid driver's license and good driving record needed to transport materials to work site when volunteer groups are on site. Does not necessarily need to load or unload. Hours are arranged, occasional weekdays.
LAKES AREA SENIOR ACTIVITY CENTER Lori 829-9345
* Bingo Caller call bingo games for seniors once a month. Wednesdays from 12:30 3.
* Donut Helper fry, mix and frost donuts on Thursdays from 4 a.m. done.
* Program Planner help plan and organize programs such as bus trips, day travel, parties, and dances. Hours flexible.
* Reception Phones answer phones and greet people. Shifts are 4 hours. Choose from morning 8:30 12:30 or afternoon 12:30 4:00.
LUTHERAN SOCIAL SERVICE
FOSTER GRANDPARENT/SENIOR COMPANION PROGRAM Marcia Ferris 1-877-612-6243
* FGP- 1:1 attention to children in schools, headstarts, shelters, pre-schools. Tax free stipend, meals, mileage and volunteer liablility provided. M-F 10-20 hours per week
* SCP Retirees helping at-risk seniors continue living independently. Tax free stipend, meals, mileage and volunteer liablility provided. M-F 10-20 hours per week
RESPITE & CAREGIVER SUPPORT PROGRAM Bridget Allen 218-692-1964, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Caregiver Volunteer - volunteers needed to provide safety and companionship to frail, elderly so family caregivers can take a break. Also seeking clients who could use this service.
SENIOR NUTRITION PROGRAM Gail 824-5052
* Meals on Wheels Drivers Volunteers needed for Brainerd area. Flexible opportunities available based on your schedule.
YOUTH AND FAMILY MENTORING Grace Salie 828-4399
* Mentors Mentoring youth ages 11-17 years. Youth are typically referred through social service or probation. Mentors provide positive role modeling, provide tutoring, recreational activities, etc. Flexible, typically after-school hours.
MADD, CROW WING COUNTY Pat Bluth 828-5055
* Helpers needed at our County Fair Booth, Victim Impact Panel, Health Fairs, Newsletter Creativity. We also need recruits for board members.
MINNESOTA LAKES ASSOCIATION Keri Hull 218-824-5565 or email@example.com
* Mailing Assistance non-profit dedicated to protecting Minnesota's lakes, seeks volunteers to assist with monthly mailings; folding, stuffing and stamping for 2-3 hours per month.
NUTRITION SERVICES INCORPORATED (NSI) Rose 824-6500
* Meals on Wheels Drivers Volunteers needed for Brainerd area. Flexible opportunities available based on your schedule.
OFFICE OF OMBUDSMAN FOR OLDER MINNESOTANS Jane Brink 825-2005
* Volunteer Advocate - Friendly visiting and problem solving for nursing home and assisted living residents. Orientation and ongoing training is provided. 800-657-3591. 6 hrs per month.
PARENT MENTOR PROGRAM Cyndi Lundgren 839-4485
* Parent Mentor Provide positive parenting role models. Offer a dependable supportive relationship to moms and dads struggling with parenting concerns. Hours are flexible.
REGION 5 AREA AGENCY ON AGING Sharon Notch 894-3233 x14
* Assistant - The State Health Insurance Assistance Program needs volunteers to assist Medicare Beneficiaries/Senior Citizens by helping explain medical claims/billings, how to complete forms or applications for state/county programs, etc. Requires 18 hours of training, mileage reimbursed, small stipend for each 4 hours of volunteer time, a volunteer commitment of 6 hours a month maximum.
RSVP VOLUNTEER SERVICES Volunteer Services Hotline 824-1345
* RSVP Volunteer Services is a proud supporter of over seventy-five different non-profit organizations, some of which are listed on this opportunities page. If you have any questions, or you're interested in other volunteer opportunities, please give us a call. We would love to have you on the volunteer team.
SALVATION ARMY Bonnie or Deb 829-1120
* Receptionist need someone to answer phone and give out information in a professional manner, address envelopes or other clerical work that can be done at the reception desk. Monday through Friday 8 a.m. 4 p.m. flexible.
SPECIAL OLYMPICS MINNESOTA Betsy Voss, 1-800-783-7732 x65 or 612-604-1265, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Area Sports Coordinator Work with other volunteers to ensure quality sports competitions for Special Olympics Minnesota Area 5. Sports offered include: Baseball, Swimming, Track & Field, and Bowling. Position includes coordination of events and assisting already placed Competition Management in the implementation of Special Olympics Minnesota's policies and procedures. Times vary depending on season. 5-15 hours per week.
* Area 5 Administration Coordinator Act as a first point of contact for local teams in the 5 county area of Special Olympics Minnesota Area 5. Help other members of the management team prepare the schedule of events for the year and provide support and assistance in the administration of the area. Times vary depending on season. 5-10 hours per week.
ST. JOSEPH'S MEDICAL CENTER Sara or Deb 828-7610
* Endoscopy Greeter Greet patients, fill out paper work, answer phones. Four hours per week.
* Junior Volunteer Friday 3:30 5:30. Must be in at least 8th grade.
* Magazine Organizer one day a week for four hours. Organize magazines in waiting rooms and distribute new ones.
* Radiation Therapy Department Greeter - Greet patients, offer coffee and visit with patients once a wk for 4 hrs M-F.
WOMEN'S CENTER Julie Guth 828-1216 email@example.com
* Receptionist answer phone, log and route calls, take messages, answer door and greet residents and visitors. M-F, 2-4 hrs a week. Daytime hours available. Snowbirds welcome! (one year commitment is asked)
WOODLAND GOOD SAMARITAN VILLAGE 829-1429
* Assisted Living Activities Help with special events such as setting up and serving, visiting, special music, etc. Carol
* Calendar Volunteer needed the first of every month for two hours to put up calendars in the residents rooms. Gina
* Bingo Volunteer Good, clear voice to call and conduct bingo activity. Tuesdays at 2:30. Lana
* Special Event Volunteer Selling store items, making receipts and making change. Variable hours. Lana
* Store Volunteer Selling store items, making out receipts and making change. Variable hours. Lana
* Appointment Companion Ride with residents to and from doctors appts (transportation provided). Flexible when called. Janet or Tina
* Fancy Finger Helper Assist activity staff with filing and painting of residents fingernails. Every Wed. from 1:30 2:30. Julie or Lottie
* Office Assistant Assemble packets, filing, thinning files, & shredding. Monday Friday, flexible between 8 4. Gina or Laurie
THE YOUTH CONNECTION Kelly 822-4020, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Groups of Youth Needed We connect groups of youth to agencies or individuals in need of assistance.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.