Meets 7 p.m. Wednesday
(note date change)
Baxter City Hall
4. Public Comments.
Comments received from the public may be placed on a future meeting agenda for consideration.
5. Consent Agenda
The following items are considered non-controversial by staff and are recommended to be read and passed in one motion. Any council person, staff, citizen, or meeting attendee can request one or more items be pulled from the Consent Agenda and the item will be pulled and addressed immediately after the passage of the Consent Agenda; otherwise, the following items will be passed in one motion:
A. Approve Council Minutes of January 19, 2010.
B. Payment of Bills and Approval of Finance Report.
C. Accept Utilities Commission Minutes of January 20.
1. Approve the 2010 Climate Makers Preventative Maintenance Service Agreement for the Water Treatment Plant and Public Works Facility in the amount of $7,750.
D. Accept Parks & Recreation Commission Minutes of January 25, 2010.
1. Approve no park fees for the Baxter East Water Tower Addition Plat as per city ordinances and as presented by staff.
2. Approve the no park fee for the Olsons Point Plat as per city ordinance and as presented by staff.
3. Approve the Kiwanis Kids Triathlon event for August 28, 2010, the use of Whipple Beach Park and the proposed route change pending Public Works and Police Department approval.
4. Approve the location and design of the proposed accessible (all purpose) playground equipment at Whipple Beach Park as presented for the purposes of holding an informational meeting on February 22, 2010 at 5:30 p.m.
E. Accept Long Range Planning Commission Minutes of January 28, 2010.
F. Accept a $1,000 Donation from the Kiwanis Club for the Children's Triathlon.
G. Accept with regret the resignation of Mike Patrick from the Parks & Recreation. Commission and direct staff to advertise for a replacement.
H. Direct staff to advertise for Assistant Finance Director to fill vacant finance position.
6. Pulled Agenda Items
7. Other Business.
A. Policy for Requests for Proposals for Professional Services.
B. Policy for Naming City Parks.
C. Request to Lease Site for Communications Tower.
D. Study of Cause & Effect of Current Street Lighting Policy.
E. Ordinance No. 2010-1 Amending Sections 8 and 9 of the Baxter City Code. Regarding Connection to City Utilities
1. Adopt Ordinance No. 2010 Amending Sections 8 and 9 of the Baxter City. Code Regarding Connection to City Utilities.
8. Council Comments
A. Jim Klein.
B. Rob Moser.
C. Todd Holman.
D. Mark Cross.
E. Darrel Olson.
9. City Attorney's Report.
10. City Administrator's Report.
11. Adjourn to Annual Planning Session on February 13, 2010, at 9:00 a.m.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.