Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Commissioner's Board Room
1. 9 a.m. Call to order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of agenda. (Any requests to be heard not on the proposed agenda are considered for inclusion at this time).
2. Robert Yochum County administrator.
a. Consent agenda.
b. Resolution of intent to appoint the Office of Auditor-Treasurer.
3. Harlan Fierstine DNR area fisheries supervisor.
a. Resolution approving aquatic management area Lake Louise, Wabedo Township.
4. Norm Moody Land commissioner.
a. Establish date for open house forum on recreational trails-forest plan.
b. Authorize amending 2005 capital equipment list.
c. Update on meeting with residents of Big Water (Sylvan Township).
5. Dave Enblom Highway engineer.
a. Award bid for calcium chloride for 2005.
b. Approve resolution for final payments - Contracts No. 61302 and No. 60607.
c. Cass County CSAH 13 project awarded the "Project of the Year-2004".
6. Crow Wing County jail project.
a. Project scope and timetable.
b. Project agreement.
7. Public hearing.
a. Miscellaneous user fees.
8. Paul Fairbanks ESD director.
a. Review 2004 request for service.
b. Septic system conference March 21-22.
9. Steve Kuha Assessor.
a. Establish 2005 Board of Equalization dates.
b. Approve resolution on alternative review meeting prior to County Board of Appeal and Equalization.
c. Approve 2005 re-assessment districts.
10. Tom Burch Sheriff's office, Tom Kummrow - Office of Traffic Safety (Safe & Sober Division).
a. Safe and Sober award presentation.
11. Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
a. NACo Legislative Conference and Exposition July 15-19, Honolulu, Hawaii.
1. Approve board minutes of Jan. 18.
2. Approve auditor warrants dated Jan. 13 in the amount of $7,890.79.
3. Approve HHVS warrants dated Jan. 13 in the amount of $922.50.
4. Approve HHVS warrants dated Jan. 13 in the amount of $72.53.
5. Approve auditor warrants dated Jan. 20 in the amount of $669,815.
6. Approve HHVS warrants dated Jan. 21 in the amount of $188,522.49.
7. Approve HHVS warrants dated Jan. 21 in the amount of $158,507.47.
8. Approve auditor warrants dated Jan. 27 in the amount of $220,614.38.
9. Approve auditor warrants dated Jan. 27 in the amount of $988.
10. Approve personnel actions.
11. Approve licenses tobacco, 3.2 beer, liquor, gambling, etc.
12. Approve cancellation of outstanding checks ($287.29).
13. Authorize closure of Fund No. 14 Public Health to complete merge with Fund No. 5 Human Services, effective Dec. 31, 2004.
14. Approve cities of Longville, Federal Dam, Remer and Deer River fire contracts for Unorganized Townships from Jan. 1Dec. 31.
15. Approve appointment of Dick Downham to the Sheriffs Civil Service Commission, term Jan. 1, 2005 Jan. 1, 2008.
16. Accept donation in the amount of $100 from the First National Bank Cass Lake for the ice rescue training exercise on Jan. 29.
17. Accept donation in the amount of $1,000 from the Turtle Lake Township for the Lakes Area Dive Team.
18. Approve new depositories for Cass County funds added to the 2004 depositories.
19. File notice of appointment by MACO of Sharon Anderson to the federal HAVA Standards Board (federal government pays travel expenses to meetings).
20. Approve HHVS annual host county contracts.
21. Board approval of out-of-state travel for Engineer Enblom to attend NACE Conference, Bismarck, N.D., April 17-21.
22. Authorize final payment from unorganized road and bridge to road and bridge in the amount of $136,218.31 for 58.12 miles of road.
23. Receive and file MN Association of Townships 2005 Legislative Program.
24. Receive and file correspondence from the Pine River Family Center regarding the use of the Community Resource meeting room.
25. Approve letter of support regarding a USDA application being submitted by the Cass County Economic Development Corp.
26. Receive and file Cass County Tourism Preservation Task Force minutes of Jan. 21.
27. Receive and file Department of Revenue confirmation of Assessor Steve Kuha.
Baxter City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
1. Call meeting to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent agenda.
A. Approval of council minutes and workshop minutes of Jan. 18 and 22.
B. Payment of bills and approval of finance report.
C. Accept Utilities Commission minutes of Jan. 19.
1. Approve the Baxter Woods utilities submittal showing city-owned sanitary sewer and water lines.
2. Approve the 30 percent water treatment plant design and give authorization to proceed to the 60 percent water treatment plant design.
D. Accept Industrial and Economic Development Commission minutes of Jan. 27.
1. Approve the 2005 Brainerd Lakes Area Development Corp. contract for economic development services.
2. Approve the city council and Baxter EDA set the price on Lot 3, Block 1, Baxter Industrial Park Phase III and Lot 1, Block 3, First Addition to Baxter Industrial Park Phase III at $87,900 per acre and begin marketing Lot 1, Block 3 on Douglas Fir Drive.
3. Instruct staff to send notice of the upcoming compliance deadline to the property owner of Lot 2, Block 1, Second Addition to Baxter industrial Park Phase 3, based on the warranty deed.
4. Approve investigating opportunities to preserve the right-of-way for the potential future realignment and signalization of College Road and Douglas Fir Drive/Industrial Park Road.
E. Accept the comp worth and wage analysis as a general guideline only with no grade changes.
F. Accept fire department study.
G. Approve 2 Datalux computer terminals for police department.
H. Approve 30-day extension to record the Lodge at Brained Lakes Plat.
5. Pulled agenda items.
6. Other business.
A. 2005A Cross-Over refunding bonds.
B. Set date for joint council/Utilities Commission meeting for Benshoof presentation.
C. Community development director.
D. Whipple Beach and Berrywood restrooms.
E. Town meetings.
7. Public comments.
9. Council comments.
A. Mark Cross Industrial and Economic Development and other comments.
B. Rosemary Franzen Parks and Recreation and other comments.
C. Randy Hukriede Long Range Planning and other comments.
D. Gary Muehlhausen Utilities and other comments.
E. Darrel Olson Planning and Zoning, Personnel and police and other comments, mayoral comments.
10. City attorney.
11. City administrator/staff reports.
Crow Wing County meetings
Monday 3:15 p.m. PUD Task Force, Service Building Meeting Room 1.
Tuesday 8 a.m. Building and Grounds Committee and CAM (Core Planning Group), CAM.
Wednesday 9 a.m. Central Minnesota Community Corrections Executive Committee Special Meeting, Central Minnesota Community Corrections Administration Office.
Thursday 9:30 a.m. Brainerd Lakes Regional Airport Commission, Airport Conference Room; 5:15 p.m. Board of Adjustment, Welton Hall in Elks Club Building.
Monday, Feb. 7 3:15 p.m. PUD Task Force, Service Building Meeting Room 1.
Pillager School Board
Meets 5 p.m. Tuesday
I. Call to order.
II. Review ongoing projects.
III. Review proposed summer 2005 projects.
IV. Review facilities budget.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.