Following are listings and home sales from May through October 2002.
May through July
In Crow Wing County and southern Cass County between May and July, there were 329 homes listed for sale, 300 homes were sold with closings during that same period and 61 sales were pending.
Some of the locations and prices may surprise those with long-standing ideas of where the top end and low end are located.
Of those listed, the total sales price was $87,542,609 with an average home price of $266,087 and a median price of $185,000.
The home sale price ranged from $29,000 for an address in Pillager not on a lake and with no bedrooms to $1,950,000 for a four-bedroom home on the lake on Pine Beach Peninsula in East Gull Lake.
During the time period, two lakeshore homes were listed at $1,395,000 in Breezy Point and two lakeshore homes were listed at $1,950,000 in East Gull Lake.
Of the 329 homes listed:
* 37 homes had a price of $500,000 or more. Addresses included listings in Nisswa, Crosslake, Brainerd, Crosby, Deerwood, Merrifield, East Gull Lake, Ideal Corners, Pequot Lakes and Staples. Only one listing in the bunch was not on lakeshore.
August through October
Existing homes sold between Aug. 1 and Oct. 31, 2002, numbered 668 for the entire Multiple Listing Service area with the average home sale at $177,232.
For a further breakdown:
* Southern Cass County -- 68 homes sold. Price range $47,000 to $898,000. Average sale $207,958.
Home sales included 22 lakeshore homes. Average home sale was $350,477.
* Crow Wing County -- 221 homes sold. Price range $8,450 to $1,695,000. Average price was $217,500.
Home sales included 101 lakeshore homes. Average home price was $319,812.
* Brainerd -- 74 homes sold. Price range $20,000 to $162,500. Average price was $92,429.
* Baxter -- 52 homes sold. Price range $62,500 to $355,000. Average price was $169,218.
(Source: Greater Lakes Multiple Listing Service)
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.