Lutheran Social Service Energy Assistance is still accepting applications for winter 2007-08.
Homeowners and renters (except subsidized renters with heat and electric included), are eligible to apply. All fuel types qualify - LP, oil, natural gas, electric, and wood (self-cut or purchased).
Services provided are:
- Financial aid to pay a portion of heating and/or electric costs.
- Crisis/emergency intervention to prevent disconnects, reinstate service or enable delivery of fuel.
- Assistance to low-income seniors who are unable to pay a current bill (certain requirements apply).
- and are pre-approved for energy assistance.
- Advocacy and/or referral to weatherization and other human service providers.
Income guidelines for three months gross income for a household size of 1, $5,030; 2, $6,578; 3, $8,126; 4, $9,674; 5, $11,222; 6, $12,770; 7, $13,060; and 8, $13,350.
For each additional household member, add $957.
You may request an application by calling 829-5000 or (800) 829-5902.
Lutheran Social Service is located at 716 E Street, Brainerd. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Energy Assistance is funded by the state.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.