Meet 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
1. Review consent calendar and correspondence
2. Call to order
A. Open forum
B. Approve consent calendar
1. Approve minutes of Jan. 8
2. Approve bills
3. Amendment No. 1 with Best, Inc. for food services at Jail & Detention Center
4. Information Systems Department, out-of-state travel requests
5. 2002 Community Health Services budget form
6. Airport resolutions, AIP 3-27-0014-19 and 20
7. Minnesota Lawful Gambling application for exempt permit
8. Premises permit renewal applications
9. Records destruction request, County auditor
C. Miscellaneous business
1. Crow Wing soil and water conservation district, Wetland conservation act report (year-end)
2. Educational opportunities program
3. Review proposals, limited site investigation (site f/k/a Central Lakes Oil)
4. Solid waste coordinator, leachate recirculation
5. Tax-increment financing District No. 1-8, city of Crosslake (downtown development)
6. 2002 committee appointments
7. Committee reports
8. Additional business
D. Planning and zoning administrator
1. Final plat and zoning change, Rueskens addition to Hole-In-The-Day-Woods, Unorganized Territory
2. EAW determination for Taylor Investment Project of proposed plat of Fox Ridge Estates, Unorganized Territory
E. Welfare director
a. Social worker intern
b. Work experience trainee
a. Revision of Detention Center contract
b. Purchase of service contracts
3. Equipment requisition
4. St. Joseph's Medical Center donation for detox
5. Director's report
F. County sheriff
1. Joint powers agreement for inter-city emergency mutual assistance
2. Equipment requisition
3. Agreement with Performance Kennels Inc. to purchase dog for K-9 program
G. County administrator
1. Park position information
2. Cellular phones
3. Capital outlay
4. Central Minnesota housing partnership resolution
5. ONCE contract agreement
6. Transit information
c. Contract with Region 5
7. Comp time -- Sheriff's Department
8. Financial report
a. City/county airport committee
b. Brainerd-Crow Wing County airport resolution
9. Initiative foundation
10. County board objectives 2002
Monday -- Martin Luther King Jr. Day, county offices closed.
Tuesday -- 1:30 p.m., Building Committee, Commissioners' Room.
Wednesday -- 3 p.m., Community Health Services advisory committee, health department.
Thursday -- 11:30 a.m., Thirty Lakes Watershed Joint Powers Board workshop, Service Building Meeting Room 1; 5 p.m., joint meeting of board of adjustment, county board and planning commission, Welton Hall in Elks Club building.
Friday -- 9 a.m., Mississippi Headwaters Board, Walker.
Cass County Board
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Commissioners' board room
1. Approval of agenda. (Any requests to be heard not on the proposed agenda are considered for inclusion at this time.)
2. Robert Yochum, Administrator
A. Consent agenda
B. Personnel committee report -- labor negotiations
C. Shingobee Island sewer district appointments
D. Authorize purchase agreement with Wilkinson Township (Section 8)
3. Dorothy Opheim -- Health and human services director
A. Discuss child placement costs
B. Discuss 2002 interagency agreement/collaborative board discussion
C. Request for authorization to do monthly adjustments between Fund No. 14 and Fund No. 05
D. Report back on Health Care Facility expansion process
E. Receive and file 2002 departmental goals
4. John Grimley, Request to be heard
A. Hiring a lobbyist regarding Ah-Gwah-Ching issues
5. Paul Fairbanks, ESD director
A. Review Pine River Transfer Station bid package
6. Public hearing -- Solid waste ordinance amendments
7. Sharon K. Anderson, Auditor-treasurer
A. Year end interest income report
B. Interest allocation to other funds for 2002
C. Set minimum salaries for county offices to be elected in 2002
D. Expansion of e-payment options to direct debt for tax payments
E. Report from telecommunications consultant
F. Update on legislative proposals affecting 2002/03 budget
8. Jeff Sciira -- Department of agriculture
A. Regional noxious weed program
9. Confirm upcoming meeting schedule
A. Commissioners board meeting -- Tuesday, March 5, 2002, 3 p.m., Remer City Hall, Remer, MN.
B. Special meeting -- Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2002, 9 a.m., Community Resource Center, Pine River, MN -- Performance evaluations, Steve Kuha -- Assessor, and Paul Fairbanks, ESD director
10. Certificates of appreciation
Brainerd City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Consent calendar (NOTICE TO PUBLIC) -- All matters listed are considered routine by council and will all be enacted by one (1) motion. There will be no separate discussion unless good cause is shown prior to time the council votes on motion to adopt by roll call.
A. Approval of minutes of the regular meeting held Jan. 7, as distributed.
B. Approval of licenses -- Recommended by city administrator Vogt
1. Contractor's licenses -- 13 -- renewals
C. Department reports
1. Mayor's report of activities distributed to council
2. Fire chief's report of activities distributed to council
D. Minnesota Lawful Gambling Premises permit renewal application -- Submitted by VFW Post 1647, 309 S. Sixth St., Brainerd, MN -- Adoption of resolution of local unit government acknowledgment and approval.
E. Minnesota Lawful Gambling application for exempt permit -- Submitted by St. Francis Catholic School, 817 Juniper St., Brainerd, MN for raffle to be held June 12, 2002, and requests waiver of 30-day waiting period requirement -- Approval of.
F. Minnesota Lawful Gambling application for exempt permit -- Submitted by Riverside PTA, 220 N.W. Third St., Brainerd, MN for a raffle to be held April 5, 2002 -- Approval of.
G. Resolution authorizing the chairman and/or vice chairman of the Brainerd-Crow Wing County regional airport commission to act as the authorized representative for the city of Brainerd for 2002 capital projects -- Approval of.
H. Resolution authorizing and designating the commissioner of transportation as agent for the city of Brainerd for AIP 3-27-0014 -- 19 -- Approval of.
I. Resolution authorizing and designating the commissioner of transportation as agent for the city of Brainerd for AIP 3-27-09014 -- 20 -- Approval of.
J. Ms. Kelly Rustom -- Police secretary I -- Advancement to Step "C" of salary administration plan -- $14.99 per hour (95 percent of rate) -- effective Jan. 17, 2002 -- Recommended by Police chief Bolduc and City administrator Vogt -- Approval of.
K. Transfer of funds -- Recommended by the personnel and finance committee.
1. General fund to public safety fund, $200,000
2. General fund to street and sewer fund, $50,000
3. General fund to park fund, $39,825
4. General fund to airport fund, $10,175
L. Approval of bills -- Recommended by personnel and finance committee
5. Unfinished business
6. New business
7. Council for Youth Environment Report
8. Public forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the council. Time limits may be imposed.
A -- Mayor
B -- City attorney
C -- City administrator
D -- City engineer
E -- City planner/Community development coordinator
F -- Police chief
G -- Finance director
10. Council committee reports
A -- Personnel and finance committee
B -- Safety and public works committee
C -- Other committees
11. Call for applicants
A. Transportation committee -- One vacancy (H. Blanck) -- One year term to expire 1/1/03.
B. Parking commission -- Two vacancies (M. Whitlock and B. Cumberland) -- 3 year terms to expire 1/1/05.
Personnel and finance committee will meet at 7 p.m. Safety and public works committee will meet at 6:30 p.m.
Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
City Hall Conference Room
1. Street and sewer department maintenance I OAQ -- Discussion of
2. Volunteer fire pension/pay -- Discussion of
3. Ms. Kelly Rustom -- Police secretary I -- Advancement to Step "C" of salary administration plan -- $14.99 per hour (95 percent of rate) -- Effective Jan. 17, 2002 -- Recommended by police chief Bolduc and city administrator Vogt -- Approval of.
4. Parking ticket appeals
A -- Lisa Olson -- #065050
B -- Kristoffer Sheehan -- #068946
C -- Colleen Gilman -- #068134
D -- Alicia Tobiason -- #068135
E -- Erich Jenkins -- #068136
F -- Erik Larson -- #067820
5. State budget shortfall -- Discussion of.
Safety and Public Works Committee
Meets 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
City Council Chambers
1. Nuisance ordinances (discussion of)
2. Improvement 98-4 -- North Fourth Street, "H" Street, Third Avenue; Adoption of resolution approving plans and specifications, Authorizing advertisement of bids when MnDOT approvals are received.
3. Improvement 01-12 -- Sanitary sewer in Block 2, Fairview Addition; Adoption of resolution approving plans and specifications, Authorizing advertisement of bids returnable 10 a.m., Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2002
4. Purchase of three Crow Wing County transit buses
5. Planning commission
A. Variance request for 2014 S. Sixth St.
B. Conditional use permit for 311 -- 10th Ave. N.E.
C. Preliminary and final plat of The Willows First Addition
D. Variance at 609 Norwood St.
Staples City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
1. Approve minutes from previous meeting
2. Consider "Council Meeting Policy"
3. Consider first reading of ordinance regulating dogs and cats
4. Consider contracting with a certified appraiser to appraise city-owned land
5. Consider proposals for city attorney
6. Consider appointments of legal newspaper
7. Consider quotations for a fire department grass rig -- Chief Hassler
8. Consider Todd county's response to the agreement for engineering services for CSAH No. 43 improvements
9. Committee reports:
-- Forestry and beautification board
-- Planning and zoning commission
10. Consider the bills
11. Open forum
12. City administrator's report
13. Business brought forward by council members
Little Falls School Board
Meets 4 p.m. Wednesday
Lindbergh Elementary School
1. Call to order
2. Closed session: Student expulsion hearing
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.