Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
Baxter City Hall
1. Call meeting to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Consent agenda
The following items are considered non-controversial by staff and are recommended to be read and passed in one motion. Any council person, staff, citizen, or meeting attendee can request one or more items be pulled from the consent agenda and the item will be pulled and addressed immediately after the passage of the consent agenda; otherwise, the following items will be passed in one motion:
A. Approval of council minutes of Jan. 4, 2005.
B. Payment of bills and approval of finance report.
C. Accept Utilities Commission minutes of Jan. 5.
1. Officially map the Cypress Drive and Douglas Fir Drive corridors south of the current Industrial Park Phase 3 to CSAH 48, establishing an east-west corridor between Hinckley Road and CSAH 48, and establishing a north-south corridor between Evergreen Drive and the future Douglas Fir Drive extension as shown on the "Preliminary Layout of Baxter Industrial Park Phase 4" map prepared by WSN to protect future infrastructure and road corridors.
2. Uphold recommendation that the owner of property at 14308 Forest Dr. pay late fees as per past practice.
3. Approve the City of Baxter Water System Emergency Response Plan.
4. Approve the WSN proposal for engineering services, project management and construction staking for the 2004 Art Ward and Laverne Circle Utility and Roadway Improvements for an estimated cost of $49,500.
5. Approve the WSN proposal for engineering services for survey and design work for the 2005 Cherrywood Drive improvement project in the amount of not to exceed $45,000.
6. Approve the WSN proposal for engineering services, project management and construction staking for the 2004 Whipple Beach improvements for an estimated cost of $34,000.
7. Approve the Elder Acres Stormwater Management Plan.
8. Approve Change Order #3 in the amount of $15,170.23 for the 2003 Edgewood Drive North utility and roadway extension to R. L. Larson Excavating, Inc.
9. Approval partial pay estimate #4 in the amount of $89,805.37 for the 2003 Edgewood Drive North utility and roadway extension to R. L. Larson Excavating, Inc.
10. Approve Change Order #1 in the amount of $4,376.84 for the 2004 Kenwood Drive and Sandstone Road utility and roadway improvements to Redstone Construction.
11. Approve partial pay estimate #3 in the amount of $5,521.14 for the 2004 Kenwood Drive and Sandstone Road utility and roadway improvements to Redstone Construction.
12. Approve Change Order #6 in the amount of $3,746.91 to Tom's Backhoe Service for the 2004 Inglewood Drive and Clearwater Road area improvements.
13. Approve partial pay estimate #7 in the amount of $123,203.29 for the 2004 Clearwater Road/Inglewood Drive improvement project to Tom's Backhoe Service.
D. Accept Personnel and Police Commission minutes of Jan. 5.
1. Accept the resignation of Commissioner Richard Tyner with Regret.
E. Accept Planning and Zoning Commission minutes of Jan. 11.
F. Accept Long Range Planning Comp Plan minutes of Jan. 13.
1. Approve the rezoning of Cedar Scenic Addition to Baxter for Community Park to Low Density Residential.
2. Approve the rezoning of 13681 Madeline Ave. from R-1 to Office Service contingent on the application submitting an agreement to the city to limit access to only Madeline Ave. prior to City Council approval.
G. Adopt resolution accepting Crow Wing county on methamphetamine precursor chemical sales ordinance.
H. Approve the purchase of a used vehicle by the Baxter Police Department to be used as an investigator's vehicle for $20,063.50 as budgeted.
I. Approve the purchase of a 2005 Ford Crown Victoria from Mills Ford in the amount of $20,808.25 as budgeted.
J. Adopt Ordinance 2005-2 regarding gambling.
K. Adopt resolution for the American Red Cross raffle to be held June 18.
L. Approve expenses for Cliff Aichinger, Ramsey-Washington Stormwater District Administrator.
5. Pulled agenda items
6. Other business
A. Set a joint workshop meeting with the Utility Commission to update the capital improvement plan map for 2005.
B. Planning and Zoning action items
1. Approve the CUP for marine sales, ATV sales, outdoor sales and outdoor storage at Gander Mountain, Lot 1, Block 1 and Lot 1 Block 2, Second Addition to Baxter Wal-Mart Subdivision based on staff finding of facts conditions.
2. Adopt the Ordinance Amendment 2005-1 to Title 10-3D-3 for language cleanup for conflicting information.
7. Public comments
9. Council comments
A. Mark Cross Industrial & Economic Development and other comments
B. Rosemary Franzen Parks and Recreation and other comments
C. Randy Hukriede Long Range Planning and other comments
D. Gary Muehlhausen Utilities and other comments
E. Darrel Olson Planning and Zoning, personnel and police and other comments, mayoral comments.
10. City attorney
11. City administrator/staff report
Cass County Board of Commissioner's
Meets Tuesday 9 a.m.
Commissioner's Board Room
1. Call to Order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of agenda for discussion. (Any requests to be heard not on the proposed agenda are considered for inclusion at this time).
2. Robert Yochum Administrator.
a. Consent Agenda.
b. Approve AFSCME Local #2195 courthouse unit labor contract.
c. Approve AFSCME Local #2195 HHVS unit labor contract.
d. Approve Teamsters Local #346 dispatch unit labor contract.
e. Approve 2005 Citizen Committee appointments.
3. Dorothy Opheim, Jamie Richter, Faye Dudley HHVS.
a. Child placement costs for December, 2004 in the amount of $302,101.
b. Receive & file 4th quarter VSO report.
c. Governor's proclamation memorializing veteran Dwayne McFarlane.
d. Receive & file jail health annual report.
4. Randy Fisher, Bert Woodford Sheriff's office.
a. Receive and file notice of TRIAD conference.
b. Authorize solicitation of donations for Cass K-9 program.
c. Approve increase in food service jail/commissary contract rate.
d. Authorize purchase of replacement refrigerator detention center.
e. Authorize solicitation of RFP's for inmate telephone services detention center.
f. Receive and file 2004 call for service data
5. Gary Lyall, Ted Mellby, Jack Shaffer, Pat Larson Tri-County Leech Lake Foundation.
a. Resolution regarding a reverter clause in conveyances with TCLLWP
b. Resolution requesting DNR to continue to provide a project coordinator.
6. Paul Fairbanks ESD Director
a. 2004 activity reports
b. Establish land use ordinance revision schedule
c. Consider a moratorium on planned unit developments (PUD's)
7. Dave Johnson Cass County Economic Development Corporation
a. 2005 financial support
8. Earl Maus County Attorney.`
a. Discuss transfer of supervision of the Cass County Law Library to the Cass County
9. Ted Redmond BKV Group.
a. Receive & file a draft of the Ah-Gwah-Ching Reuse Study.
b. Establish related 2005 legislative requests.
10. Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
a. Cass County Health Task Force Meeting, Wednesday, January 19, 2005, beginning at 3:00 p.m., Hackensack Senior
Citizen Center, Hackensack, MN.
11. Noon Adjourn.
TUESDAY, January 18, 2005
1. Approve board minutes of January 4, 2005.
2. Approve manual warrants dated December, 2004 in the amount of $7,837,077.22.
3. Approve auditor warrants dated December 30, 2004 in the amount of $376,176.37.
4. Approve auditor warrants dated December 30, 2004 in the amount of $1,290.00.
5. Approve HHVS warrants dated December 30, 2004 in the amount of $16,953.70.
6. Approve HHVS warrants dated December 30, 2004 in the amount of $219,349.72.
7. Approve HHVS warrants dated December 30, 2004 in the amount of $125.00.
8. Approve auditor warrants dated January 6, 2005 in the amount of $217,614.85.
9. Approve HHVS warrants dated January 7, 2005 in the amount of $56,056.49.
10. Approve HHVS warrants dated January 7, 2005 in the amount of $28,817.35.
11. Receive & file monthly Budget Reports.
12. Approve licenses Tobacco, 3.2 beer, liquor, gambling, etc.
13. Approve personnel actions.
14. Receive & file Interest Income Report for December, 2004.
15. Receive & file County Veterans Service Office Grant Project Compliance Report in the amount of $4,271.95 (grant was awarded on July 20, 2004).
16. Receive & file Recorder's Office annual fees collected from years 1996 2004.
17. Receive and file monthly HHVS Cash Accounts Report to date, December 31, 2004 in the amount of $5,524,044.
18. Approve HHVS non-financial annual host county contracts.
19. Accept funding in the amount of $40,000 from Kellogg funds from the Cass County/ Leech Lake Children's Initiative for 2005 and 2006 to be used for the Follow-Along Birth3 Initiative. This revenue is an addition to the 2005 budget.
20. Receive & file correspondence dated December 21, 2004 from Janice Hielsberg, DHS announcing that 23 counties met the Work Participation Rate(WPR) and exceeded the Self Support Index (SSI) in both quarters, thereby earning 7.5% in performance funding. Cass County was one of those23 counties.
21. Notice of termination of agreement to Maximus Human Resource Management Consulting Services.
22. Approve agreement with MN Counties Research Foundation (AMC) for human resource management consulting services.
23. Approve 2005 Memorandum of Agreement with U of M for Extension Service staff (tabled from January 4, 2005).
24. Approve final acceptance of CR# 153 project in the amount of $447,493.39.
25. Receive and file notice of grant from March of Dimes in the amount of $21,000 to support "Smoke Free for Baby & Me" (Four County Health Board)
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.