Brainerd City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent calendar.
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting on Jan. 2 and the special committee meeting on Jan. 8 as distributed.
B. Approval of 2007 licenses - recommended by City Administrator Vogt.
1. Contractor's licenses - 1 - new.
2. Contractor's licenses - 18 - renewals.
C. Department reports.
1. Mayor's report of activities distributed to council.
2. Police chief's report of activities distributed to mayor and council.
3. Finance director's report distributed to mayor and council.
0. Minnesota Lawful Gambling Exempt Permit - Submitted by the Brainerd Fire Department Relief Association, 23 Laurel St., Brainerd, for a raffle June 6-9 with a drawing to be held at the Brainerd Fire Department on June 9.
E. Transfer of funds - Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
General Fund to Public Safety Fund, $200,000.
General Fund to Park Fund, $80,367.
General Fund to Street and Sewer Fund, $100,000.
General Fund to Airport Fund - $12,133.
General Fund to Mayor's Contingency Fund - $2,500.
General Fund to Beautify Brainerd Fund $5,000.
F. Approval of bills - Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
5. Unfinished business.
A. Traveler's Fare reimbursement/Laurel Street project.
B. Public hearing - Proposed rental registration/license fee increase.
C. Public hearing - JOBZone request from D&J Printing Inc., d.b.a., Bang Printing and Liberty Group LLC.
D. Business Subsidy Agreement and resolution - JOBZone Request from D & J Printing Inc., d.b.a. Bang Printing and Liberty Group LLC.
E. Public hearing - Ordinance No. 1297 - An ordinance amending Section 800 of the Brainerd City Code relating to the administration and regulation of the public right-of-way.
F. Public hearing - Ordinance No. 1299 - An ordinance amending Section 1125.13 of the Brainerd City Code pertaining to used automobiles.
G. Wright Street extension.
6. New business.
A. Richard Burton - Request to address the council.
B. Crime prevention/public awareness report - Police Chief Bolduc.
7. Public forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the council. Time limits may be imposed.
B - City attorney.
C - City administrator.
D - City engineer.
E - City planner.
F - Police chief.
G - Finance director.
9. Council committee reports.
A - Safety and Public Works Committee.
B - Personnel and Finance Committee.
C - Other Committees.
10. Committee recommendations/reappointments - Recommended by Mayor
A. Public Utilities Commission - New appointment - Mr. Don Samuelson, complete vacant term to expire Jan. 1, 2009.
B. Community Action - Reappoint Mr. Kevin Goedker as council liaison, one-year term to expire Jan. 1.
C. Charter Commission - Reappoint Mr. Kelly Bevans as council liaison, four-year term to expire Jan. 1, 2011.
D. Transportation Committee - Reappoint Ms. Shirley Nelson-Williams, Ms. Jan Lambert, Mr. John Hoskins and Ms. Myrle Munsch for one-year terms to expire Jan. 1.
11. Committee recommendations/reappointments - Recommended by Council President Bevans.
A. Airport Commission - Reappoint Mr. Mark O'Day as council liaison, one-year term to expire Jan. 1.
B. Parks and Recreation Board - Reappoint Ms. Anne Nelson Fisher as council liaison, four-year term to expire Jan. 1, 2011.
C. Police and Fire Civil Service Commission - Reappoint Ms. Susan Hilgart, three-year term to expire Jan. 1, 2010.
D. Planning Commission - Reappoint Ms. Jan Lambert, Mr. James Uhlman, Mr. Robert Sherman and Mr. Eric Makowski, three-year terms to expire Jan. 1, 2010.
E. Community Behavioral Health Hospital, Baxter - discuss replacement of council member Anne Nelson Fisher.
12. Call for applicants.
A. Cable Advisory Board - One three-year term to expire Jan. 1, 2008.
B. Charter Commission - Three four-year terms to expire Jan. 1, 2011.
C. Library Board - One term to expire Jan. 1.
D. Planning Commission - One term to expire Jan. 1.
13. Adjourn to council retreat - 5:30 p.m. Jan. 22.
Safety and Public Works Committee
Meets 6 p.m. Tuesday
1. Riverside School request update.
2. City hall parking lot.
3. Snow removal on Laurel Street bridge.
4. Mill Avenue reconstruction.
5. Improvement 04-11 assessment issues.
6. M54 Permit application.
7. Development cost policy.
8. Shoreland Management regulations.
9. Clarification of Dec. 18, actions related to 1013 Ninth Ave. N.E. and 306 S.W. Fifth St.
Personnel and Finance Committee Agenda
1. Employee Performance Evaluations.
2006 budget carry-overs.
2007 equipment certificates.
3. 2006 campground revenue transfer to Park Dedication Fund - $20,198.80 -approval of.
4. Memorial Park parking lot.
5. Human resource coordinator - Appointment of Kris Schubert - Effective Feb. 1- Non-union supervisor.
6. Educational proposal - Chief Bolduc.
7. Arena finances.
8. Mississippi River Crossing Study - Matching funds.
9 Edina Technical Products Inc., - Resolution consenting to the disposition of assets and transfer of obligations under loan agreement to the city's industrial development revenue bond, Series 2002.
Crow Wing County meetings
Monday: Martin Luther King Jr. Day, county offices closed.
Monday: Noon, Human Rights Award Ceremony, Courthouse, first floor.
Tuesday: 5 p.m., Human Rights Commission, commissioners' room (third floor).
Wednesday-Friday, AMC Newly-Elected Minnesota County Officials Conference, Embassy Suites Hotel, St. Paul.
Wednesday: 9 a.m., Central Minnesota Community Corrections Executive Committee, Central Minnesota Community Corrections Administration office.
Thursday: 9 a.m., Rollie Johnson Natural and Recreational Area Joint Powers Board, Ideal Town Hall; 2 p.m., open quotes, appraisals of Breezy Point lots, commissioners' room (third floor); 5:15 p.m., Board of Adjustment, commissioners' room (third floor).
Friday: 9 a.m., Mississippi Headwaters Board, Walker.
Jan. 22: 9 a.m., Thirty Lakes Watershed District Board of Managers, Thirty Lakes Watershed District Office; 5 p.m., BRHSC future use community meeting, BRHSC Campus, Building 4.
Nisswa City Council
Meets Wednesday, City hall
Pledge of Allegiance
Approve minutes of Dec. 20 and Jan. 2.
Reports: Police chief, fire chief, city attorney, city engineer.
Nisswa Chamber of Commerce
A. Appeal planning commission denial of lot split as requested by Michael Nistler.
B. Approve final plat of Pinewoods Crossing.
C. Approve comprehensive plan.
A. County Road 18 bypass.
B. Council members.
Presentation of claims.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.