Meets 7 p.m. Monday
A. Call to order. ALL
1. Approval of Additions to the Agenda.
B. Organizational meeting appointments.
1. Designate acting mayor.
2. Official depositories (Northern National Bank, Lakewood Bank, Lakes State Bank, 4M Fund, First Federal Savings Bank and Merrill Lynch).
3. Designate signatories on city checking and savings accounts (mayor, acting mayor, city administrator and clerk/treasurer).
4. Designate signatories on utilities checking and savings accounts (mayor, acting mayor, city administrator, general manager and clerk/treasurer).
5. Appointment of 3-ex officios to the Fire Relief Association.
6. Appointment of Widseth Smith Nolting as city engineer per Jan. 9 proposal letter.
7. Appointment of Steven Fecker as city labor attorney per Jan. 7, 2008 proposal letter.
8. Memo dated Jan. 8, from Personnel Committee re: City Attorney Appointment.
9. Approve schedule of regular council meetings (2nd Monday of Month at 7:00
P.M.) (Council Action-Motion)
10. Appointment of Official Newspaper (Council Action-Motion)
a. 331A.04, Minnesota Statutes 2007 Designation of a Newspaper for Official
b. Letter from Echo Publishing Re: Advertising Rates
c. Letter dated December 28, 2007 from Northland Press Re: Advertising Rates
11. Approve 2008 Mileage Reimbursement Rate (Current IRS Amount) (Council
12. Approve Weed Inspector (Mayor Andolshek) (Council Action-Motion)
13. Approve Assistant Weed Inspector (Ted Strand) (Council Action-Motion)
14. Memo dated January 8, 2008 from Mayor Andolshek Re: Committee Liaison
Appointments (Council Action-Motion)
C. Critical issues.
D. Consent calendar.
1. Truth in Taxation meeting minutes of Dec. 3, 2007.
2. Regular council meeting minutes of Dec. 10, 2007.
3. Special council meeting minutes of Dec. 19, 2007.
4. Special Council Meeting Minutes of December 27, 2007.
5. Crosslake Communications Balance Sheet and Income Statement/Detail of Reserve Balances dated Nov. 30, 2007.
6. City month end revenue report dated November, 2007.
7. City month end expenditure report dated November, 2007.
8. Lakes State Bank pledge update, December 2007.
9. Northern National Bank pledge update, December 2007.
10. Lakewood Bank pledge update, December 2007.
11. First Federal Savings pledge update, December 2007.
E. Public forum.
F. Mayor's report.
G. City administrator's report.
1. Bills for approval.
2. Retro bills for approval.
3. Letter dated Dec. 20, from WAPOA Re: Application for a permit to control aquatic plants.
4. Letter dated Dec. 14, from Land Commissioner Re: Classification to "Non-Conservation" and future sale of tax forfeited lands.
5. Letter dated Jan. 2, from Ruth Ann Hanson Re: St. Patrick's Day parade route, sale of blinkie buttons and approve LG220 application for exempt permit for conducting raffles.
6. Letter dated Jan. 4, from the Crosslake Advisory Committee of the Brainerd Lakes Chamber.
7. Letter dated Dec. 13, from League of MN Cities Re: 2007 Property/Casualty Dividend.
8. Letter dated Dec. 28, from the Crow Wing County Parks Department re: Snowmobile trail proposal.
9. Central Lakes Youth Hockey Assn. Contribution Report for 2007.
10. Letter dated Jan. 4, from the Pine River Watershed Alliance Re: Shoreland Management Workshop.
11. Letter dated Dec. 18, 2007 from Paul Bunyan Scenic Byway Assn. re: Thank you for support.
H. Commission reports.
1. Park and Recreation/ Library.
a. Fund raising committee meeting minutes of Dec. 27.
b. Staff report dated Jan. 9, from Jon Henke re: Community center updates.
c. Staff report dated Jan. 10, from Jon Henke re: Girl scout sleep over.
2. Public safety.
a. December 2007 police report for Crosslake.
b. 2007 Annual police report for Crosslake.
c. December 2007 police report for Mission Township.
d. 2007 Annual police report for Mission Township.
e. Memo dated Jan. 14 from Chief Hartman and Public Works Director Strand re: Snow removal ditches and road approaches.
f. Memo dated Jan. 14 from Chief Hartman re: Renewal of the law enforcement contract and Joint Powers Agreement with Mission Township.
g. December 2007 fire department report.
h. 2007 North Ambulance Year-End Report.
3. Crosslake Communications.
a. Highlights report for December 2007.
b. Crosslake Communication's bills for approval Nov. 1 Nov.30, 2007.
c. Crosslake Communications regular meeting minutes of Dec. 18.
d. Crosslake Communications customer counts.
4. Personnel Committee.
a. Memo dated Jan. 8, from Personnel Committee Re: Personnel Committee Recommendation.
5. Pubic works/ cemetery/ sewer.
a. Public Works Commission meeting minutes of Dec. 3, 2007.
b. December 2007 wastewater treatment discharge monitoring report.
c. Memo dated Jan. 9, 2008, from Public Works Commission Re: Recommendation for Commission Re-appointment.
6. Planning and Zoning.
a. Planning and Zoning Commission regular meeting minutes of Oct. 26, 2007.
b. Planning and Zoning Commission regular meeting minutes of Nov. 16, 2007.
c. Planning and Zoning Commission special meeting minutes of Nov. 27, 2007.
d. 2007 permit summary.
e. Staff report dated Jan. 14, from Ken Anderson re: Planning and Zoning Commission recommendation to the mayor/city council to appoint an alternate commissioner and re-appoint regular commissioners.
f. Staff report dated Jan. 14, from Ken Anderson re: Appeal 2007- 004 of Planning and Zoning Commission denial of V2007-014 submitted by Steven and Rebecca Zilka.
g. Staff report dated Jan. 14, from Planning and Zoning Commission re: Recommendation to adopt ordinance amendment 2007-007 relating to non-conforming uses and structures.
a. Crosslake Roll-Off & Recycling Report for December 2007.
b. Waste Partners SCORE report form for November 2007.
8. Economic Development Authority.
I. Old business.
J. New Business.
K. Public forum.
Pillager School Board
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
I. Call to order.
II. Pledge of Allegiance.
A. Election of officers.
1. CY08 board chair.
2. CY08 vice-chair.
3. CY08 clerk/treasurer.
B. Committee membership.
C. Agency representatives.
3. Freshwater Education District.
4. Children's initiative board.
5. Community education.
1. Bank depositories.
2. Invest funds.
3. School board compensation.
4. Robert's rules of order.
5. Signature plate.
IV. Regular monthly board meeting.
V. Visitor's comments.
VI. Consider consent agenda.
A. Minutes of Dec. 17 regular meeting.
B. Cash flow including investments.
VII. Special board reports.
1. Consider monthly bills paid.
1. Teacher request.
1. Early childhood project.
VIII. Special reports.
A. Secondary principal's report.
B. Elementary principals report.
C. Superintendent's report.
Crow Wing County Committee of the Whole
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
County Board Room, 3rd floor, Historic Courthouse
1. Committee Structure
Other Board Activities:
The following list includes Crow Wing County meetings or events that may be attended by one
or more members of the Crow Wing County Board.
Monday, 5 p.m. Crow Wing County Housing & Redevelopment Authority: Land Services Building, Land Department Conference Room.
Tuesday, 5 p.m. Historical Committee: Crow Wing County Museum; 5 p.m. Human Rights Commission: Land Services Building, Meeting Room 1.
Wednesday, 9 a.m. Central Minnesota Community Corrections Executive Committee: Brainerd Public Library; 10 a.m. Central Minnesota Community Corrections Joint Powers Board: Brainerd Public Library; 1 p.m. Crow Wing County Sanitary Management District Board Land Services Building, Land Department Conference Room; 3 p.m. Community Health Services Advisory Board: Community Services Building, Health Department Conference Room.
Thursday, 2 p.m. proposal opening - design and development of working drawing for remodel of county board room: Historic Courthouse, Jinx Ferrari Meeting Room; 5:15 p.m. Board of Adjustment: Historic Courthouse, County Board Room; 6 p.m. Kitchigami Library Board: Pine River.
Friday, 9 a.m. Mississippi Headwaters Board: Walker.
Monday, January 21, Martin Luther King Jr. Day County Offices CLOSED
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.