I've always enjoyed the words and pictures of Bill Marchel, but Sunday's pictures were so outstanding I had to comment. I've hunted and fished all my life and found Marchel's pictures of camouflaged wildlife really hit home for me. Thanks.
How the Minnesota Vikings could make my Sundays more pleasant. (Isn't it painful watching them now?)
1) Hire a defensive coach that knows what he's doing.
2) Dump the "zone defense." Opposing quarterbacks are just licking their chops when they see us in that set-up.
3) Randy, run your pass routes. Run them sharp and snap them off. You'd be surprised how much better you could be. I know our Q.B. can't read the field very good, but your better route-running would help him out.
4) Pull the Q.B. out on days when things aren't gong well. Just because he's getting the big bucks, don't take a loss by continuing to use him. We do have another Q.B. that probably does have better Q.B. skills.
5) Realize that you do not have to establish the run.
6) Do a lot better on offensive play calling. We are too predictable. Every team knows that when we are inside the five, #20 is coming in and it's going to be a run up the gut. There are ways to make it an easier game.
7) Coach, instill the killer instinct into this team.
The list goes on and on, but I'm limited to 300 words. Maybe you could mail a copy of this to the coach, because as of now, he doesn't seem to have a clue.
In the past history of the United States, not everyone agreed that slavery was wrong. Likewise, some considered it dangerous to allow women to become educated, and to vote.
In the modern United States, not everyone has yet come to agree that waging war of aggression is wrong, or that greed, as an economic principle, harms others.
Special meeting set
The Brainerd City Council and EDA will meet in a special meeting on Feb. 12 at 4:30 p.m.
The purpose of the meeting is to discuss the $500,000 loan to Missota Paper Company from the City of Brainerd via the Minnesota Department of Economic Development.
I have requested that this special council meeting be televised on Channel 8, Cable TV at 4:30 p.m.
Brainerd City Council
Brainerd water tower
Now that Paul and Babe are among Rademacher's relics, it's only fitting that the water tower should be there too. Let's move the water tower to this Old Farm!
Jerrold C. Turnquist
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.