Brainerd City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m.
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Mayor Wallin -Prayer for the New Year.
5. Consent Calendar.
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held Dec. 17. and the corrected page 8 of the Dec. 3 meeting as distributed.
B. Approval of 2008 Licenses -Recommended by City Administrator Vogt.
1. Contractor's licenses -28 - renewals.
2. Contractor's licenses -1 - new.
3. Tobacco licenses -1 -renewal. Pit Stop Bar, 723 Laurel Street, Brainerd.
C. Department reports.
1. Mayor's report of activities distributed to council.
2. Fire Chief's report of activities distributed to mayor and council
3. Park director's report of activities distributed to mayor and council.
Designation of Brainerd Dispatch as Official Newspaper for Calendar Year 2008 - Required by Charter.
Minnesota Lawful Gambling Lawful Gambling License Renewal Application - submitted by Moose Lodge 1246. 219 S 9th Street, Brainerd - adopt resolution - approval of.
F. Designation of financial institutions as depositories for 2008: Bremer Bank, Wells Fargo, Lakewood Bank, US Bank, First National Bank of Deerwood, People's National Bank, Northern National Bank, American National Bank, RBC Dain Rauscher, US Bancorp Investments, 4M Money Market, CITI Group Smith Barney, First Federal Savings Bank, Wells Fargo Brokerage Services, Springsted Investment Advisors, and AIM Money Market.
G. Fire department - Mr. Joseph Ashman - Paid On-Call Firefighter. Successful
completion of one-year probationary period - change status from "Probationary" to "Regular" - January 1, 2008.
H. Approval of bills.
6. Character trait - responsibility.
7. Unfinished business.
A. Public hearing - final reading proposed Ordinance No. 1313 - legal description correction - an ordinance amending Ordinance No. 1292, Patricia Hansen Annexation.
B. Public hearing - final reading proposed Ordinance No. 1318 - an ordinance amending Ordinance No. 812 pertaining to the zoning in the city of Brainerd -Franklin Art Center rezoning.
C. Request from CLC to withdraw the proposed Regional Center for the Performing Arts from the State Bonding Bill.
D. City council retreat - set time and place - discuss agenda.
E. Joint meeting with Planning Commission - Set Date.
8. Public forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the council. Time limits may be imposed.
B. City attorney.
C. City administrator.
D. City engineer.
E. City planner.
F. Fire chief.
G. Park director.
10. Committee reports.
A. Safety and Public Works Committee.
B. Personnel and Finance Committee.
C. Other committees.
11. Committee Resignations.
A. Ms. Ramona Gorham - resignation from Library Board - accept with regret.
B. Mr. Harvey Doucette - resignation from Library Board - accept with regret.
C. Mr. Jim Sykes - resignation from Transportation Committee - accept with regret.
D. Mr. Charles Cooper - resignation from Airport Commission - accept with regret.
12. Committee re-appointments - recommended by Mayor Wallin.
A. Cable Advisory Committee -Ms. Keri Larson, 3-year term to expire Jan. 1, 2011.
B. Charter Commission - Council member Bevans as liaison, 1-year term to expire Jan. 1, 2009.
C. Community Action - Council member Goedker as liaison, 1-year term to expire Jan. 1, 2009.
D. Library Board - Ms. Judith Brown, 6-year term to expire 2014.
E. Parks and Recreation Board - Mr. Brian Phelps, 5-year term to expire Jan. 1, 2013.
F. Public Utilities Commission - Mr. Don Stang, 5-year term to expire Jan. 1, 2013.
13. Committee re-appointments - Recommended by President Bevans.
A. Airport Commission - Council member O'Day as liaison, 1-year term to expire Jan. 1, 2009.
B. Planning Commission - Mr. Mike Jay, 3-year term to expire Jan. 1, 2011, and Ms. Angie Plantenberg, 3-year term to expire Jan. 1, 2011.
C. Police and Fire Civil Service Commission - Mr. William Matthies, 3-year term to expire Jan. 1, 2011.
14. Call for applicants.
A. Charter Commission - term to expire Jan. 1, 2011.
B. Library Board - two six-year terms to expire Jan. 1, 2014.
C. Airport Commission - one three-year term to expire Jan. 1, 2011.
15. Adjourn - to closed session to discuss union negotiation strategy.
Public Works Committee
Meets 6:30 p.m. Monday
1. Improvement 06-08 - Mill Avenue - local share.
2. Improvement 05-28 - downtown improvements - professional services agreement.
3. Suspension of rental licenses.
A. 921SE 19th Street.
B. 1316 Pine Street.
4. Liberty Lane sidewalk.
5. Alleged violations -discussion of.
Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
1. Union negotiations - status and set strategy session - discussion of.
2. Historical Society - donation - discussion of.
3. Information request policy clarification - Financial information regarding the budget.
4. Downtown revolving loan fund application -Tom Hofius/Last Turn Saloon building - re-approval of.
5. Fire department - Mr. Joseph Ashman - paid on-call firefighter - successful completion of one-year probationary period - change status from "probationary" to "regular" - Jan. 1, 2008.
6. Agreement to provide audit services for the year ended Dec. 31, 2007 - Larson Allen
- approval of.
Crow Wing County Board of Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
County Board Room
1. Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Reorganization of county board.
2.1. Election of chair.
2.2. Election of vice chair.
3. Open forum.
4. Review and approve Dec. 27, regular county board minutes.
5. Review and approve Jan. 8, 2008, county board meeting agenda.
6. Approve consent agenda.
6.1. Premises gambling permits Merrifield Marathons, Inc.
6.2. Exempt gambling permit (amended date) Sebie Lake Area Conservation Association.
6.3. Assessor's office records destruction.
7. Miscellaneous business.
7.1. Adopt rules of order.
7.2. Resolution regarding closed meetings.
7.3. Per diem rate for commissioners.
7.4. Board of Health, Child & Teen Check-Up Outreach Grant.
7.5. Committee reports.
7.6. New business.
8. County auditor.
8.1. Award of 2008 printing and publishing contract
9. Human services director.
9.1. Consumer Support Grant policies and procedures.
9.2. Long term care service.
9.2.1. Request for social worker and case aide.
9.3. Replacement hiring request.
9.4. NACo prescription drug program.
9.5. Child Welfare Targeted Case Management-Federal Rules Changes (Informational).
9.6. Director's report (Informational).
10. Human resources director.
10.1. Hiring requests
10.1.1. Sheriff's office dispatcher replacement.
10.1.2. Sheriff's office Sr. technical clerk records replacement.
10.1.3. Health Department public health nurse replacement.
11. County administrator.
11.1 Land use workshops (Informational).
12. Other board activities.
12.1. The following list includes Crow Wing County meetings that may be attended by one or more members of the Crow Wing County Board
Monday, 7 p.m. Central Minnesota Community Corrections Advisory Committee: Brainerd Public Library.
Wednesday 7:30 a.m. Brainerd Lakes Chamber Regional Business Council: chamber offices, Brainerd; 8:30 a.m. GIS Steering Committee: Jinx Ferrari Meeting Room, 2nd Floor historic courthouse; 5:30 p.m. Parks Advisory Commission: Land Department Conference Room.
Thursday 9:30 a.m. Rollie Johnson Natural and Recreational Area Joint Powers Board: Ideal Town Hall; 5 p.m. Planning Commission: Historic Courthouse Board Room.
Monday, Jan. 14 5 p.m. Crow Wing County Housing and Redevelopment Authority: Land Department Conference Room.
Little Falls City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Determination of a quorum.
a. Pastor Blaine MacNeil, Bethel Lutheran Church.
5. Council reorganization.
a. Election of officers.
- Council president.
- council vice president.
b. Council committee appointments.
- Personnel and Finance.
- Public Works.
6. Awards, donations, presentation and proclamations.
7. Approval of minutes.
a. City council meeting of Dec. 17.
8. Adjustments and additions.
9. Citizens' appeals and petitions.
a. Citizens' appeals.
10. Public hearings and lettings.
a. Public hearing.
- roof repair, West Side fire Hall, Fire chief Nieman.
11. Reports of authorities, boards, bureaus, commissions and committees.
a. Personnel and Finance Committee.
- Jack Josephson, temporary building inspections, Public Works Director Lochner.
- Jeremy Doroff, temporary filling position at police department, finance officer Kasella.
b. Public Works Committee.
- Wastewater agreement, Anderson Custom Processing, Public Works Director Lochner.
1. Recycling, September through November 2007.
2. Police, December 2007.
3. Street, December 2007.
11. Reports of authorities, boards, bureaus, commissions and committees, continued.
c. Airport Commission, City Administrator Hale.
d. Golf Advisory board, Public Works Director Lochner.
- Job description/advertisement, clubhouse supervisor.
e. Parks, Recreation and Tree Board, Public Works Director Lochner.
- Quotation, snow blower attachment.
12. Licenses and permits.
13. Old business.
a. Ordinance No. 152, authorize and direct sale of property, N.P., LLC, finance officer Kasella.
14. New business.
a. Signatory of purchase orders, Lori Kasella, City Administrator Hale.
b. Sterling codifiers, prepare city code for Internet, finance officer Kasella.
c. Resolution 2008-01, Designating official newspaper, Morrison county Record, City Administrator Hale.
d. Resolution 2008-01, Designate depositories of city funds, finance officer Kasella.
e. Resolution 2008-05, write-offs, bankruptcies and tax forfeitures, finance officer Kasella.
f. Review of services contract, Gary W. Paulson, CPA, sales taxes, finance officer Kasella.
15. Approval of bills.
- Adjourn until Monday, Jan. 28.
Morrison County meetings:
Monday 7 p.m. Community Corrections Advisory Board meeting, Brainerd Public Library; 7 p.m. Board of Adjustments Meeting, Meeting Room #1, Government Center, Little Falls.
Tuesday - 9 a.m. County Board Meeting, County Board Room, Government Center, Little Falls; Noon Community Development Board meeting, Pine Country Bank, Little Falls.
Wednesday 9 a.m. Zoning Ordinance rewrite meeting, Meeting Room #3, Government Center, Little Falls.
Friday - 8:30 a.m. County Board Planning Session, County Board Room, Government Center, Little Falls.
Pillager School Board
Meets 7 a.m. Wednesday
I. Call to order.
II. Classroom options.
Pine River-Backus School Board Reorganizational Meeting
Meets 6 p.m. Monday
1. Call to order and pledge to the flag.
2. Reorganization of board.
2.2 Vice chair.
2.4 Committee appointments and committee recorders.
2.5 Set official board meeting dates.
2.6 Set official board meeting times.
2.7 Set official board salaries.
2.8 Set official board publication.
2.9 Set official depositories.
2.10 Authorize personnel to make investments and other banking transactions.
2.11 Membership in organizations:
Minnesota School Boards Association
Central Minnesota ERDC
National Joint Powers Alliance
Paul Bunyan Education Cooperative
Schools for Equity in Education
Cass County/Leech Lake Children's Collaborative
Minnesota State High School League
Cass County Economic Development Corporation
Pine River chamber of Commerce
2.12 Set mileage reimbursement rate for claims incurred after Jan. 1, 2008.
Cass County Board
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
1. 9 a.m. Call to order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. 2008 board reorganization.
1. Election of vice chair.
2. Election of chair and seat the board in order of succession to the chair.
c. Approval of agenda for discussion.
2. 9:05 a.m. Reno Wells - probation director.
a. Introduce Kelcie Bouchonville - Bemidji State University winter intern.
3. Robert Yochum - county administrator.
a. Consent agenda.
b. Resolution establishing 2008 conduct of meetings - business rules.
c. Award 2008 printing and publishing bids.
d. 2008 Citizen Committee appointments.
e. Report back on Personnel Committee meeting.
4. Larry Wolfe - Chief Financial Officer.
a. Receive and file 2008 Cass County budget - Summary of Revenues, Expenditures and other Sources.
b. Approve 2008 equipment list and authorize purchases based upon solicitation of competitive prices per state law.
c. Authorize advertisement and appointment of budgeted personnel vacancies.
5. Norm Moody - Land Commissioner.
a. Authorize purchase proposal for Potlatch parcel - Pine River Township.
6. David Enblom - Engineer.
a. Authorization to advertise for 2008 Construction and Maintenance Projects.
7. John Sumption - ESD Director.
a. Authorize update of the Cass County Wetland Ordinance and Wetland Management Plan.
b. Conservation Fund #73 request from Child, Girl, Woman Lake Association - ISTS Compliance Inspections.
8. Paul Aplikowski - Wold Architects & Associates.
a. Courthouse Campus planning process.
9. Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
a. Meeting with State Legislators on Tuesday, Feb. 5, board meeting, Board Room, Courthouse, Walker, MN.
1. Approve board minutes of Dec. 18, 2007.
2. Approve Auditor warrants dated Dec. 20, 2007 in the amount of $468,763.76.
3. Approve HHVS warrants dated Dec. 20, 2007 in the amount of $324.31.
4. Approve HHVS warrants dated Dec. 21, 2007 in the amount of $194,522.06.
5. Approve HHVS warrants dated Dec. 21, 2007 in the amount of $277,761.47.
6. Approve Auditor warrants dated Dec. 27, 2007 in the amount of $991.00.
7. Approve Auditor warrants dated Dec. 27, 2007 in the amount of $ 363,985.17.
8. Approve HHVS warrants dated Dec. 31, 2007 in the amount of $44,989.51
9. Approve HHVS warrants dated Dec. 31, 2007 in the amount of $1,360.00.
10. Approve HHVS warrants dated Dec. 31, 2007 in the amount of $21,887.58.
11. Approve personnel actions.
12. Approve licenses - Tobacco, 3.2 beer, liquor, gambling, etc.
13. Approve and authorize recording of annual Employee Dishonesty and Faithful Performance Bond.
14. Receive and file city of Pillager proposed modification to Tax Increment Financing District No. 1-3.
15. Receive and file approval to fully participate in the 2010 Decennial Census Local Update of Census Address (LUCA) Program from the US Dept. of Commerce - US Census Bureau.
16. Approve lease agreement of private office and storage space at the Cass County Land Department to the Mississippi Headwaters Board, effective January 2008.
17. Receive and file approval notification of Cass County's application for MN Investment Fund to Ridgeline Manufacturing, LLC - Pillager in the amount of $91,225.00.
18. Approve repurchase resolution on Parcel 29-017-3401 - Mortgage Electronic in the amount of $3,126.12.
19. Approve transfer of Permit #107062, 107063, and 107076 to Sawyer Timber and Permit #'s 104023,104111,105055, and 105124 to Kevin Brown from I Level Weyerhaeuser.
20. Approve resolution - MN Trails Assistance Grant-In-Aid Program for cross country ski trail permit#144-17-1600 from Jan. 1, 2008 through Dec. 31, 2012.
21. Receive & file timber auction results of Dec. 27, 2007.
22. Approve Commissioner Demgen's attendance to the NACo Conference, March 1-5, 2008, Washington DC.
23. Receive and file notice of Cass County Council on Aging changing to inactive status, and transfer existing funds to Cass County Triad.
24. Receive and file documentation of DOC inspection of Cass County Jail Outdoor Court project.
25. Approve assessor's office abatements.
26. Approve HHVS 2008 Purchase of Service Agreement for Case Management Supervision/Consultation for two hours each month.
27. Approve HHVS 2008 Purchase of Service Agreements for outpatient mental health services not to exceed $5,000.
28. Approve MN Department of Health Grant Project Agreement Amendment #1 for Public Health Emergency Preparedness with Cass County, effective Aug.31, 2007 to August 9, 2008 in the amount of $27,610.
29. Approve Elderly Waiver Services Agreement between Good Samaritan Society-Riverside Memory Care and Cass County HHVS, effective Jan. 1, 2008 to Dec. 31, 2009.
30. Approve annual Roster Registered Nurse Contract Agreement with Rollie Haugen, RN for 2008 at a rate of $21.19/hour.
31. Approve 2008 Child & Teen Checkup Clinic support/outreach staff agreement with Kathleen Wright at a rate of $12.43/hour.
32. Approve Roster Licensed Practical Nurse Agreement with Sherry Fitch, LPN, for 2008 at a rate of $15.75/hour.
33. Approve HHVS Grant Agreement for the Youth Intervention Program Grant - 00440 between the MN Department of Public Safety, effective Jan 1, 2008 to Dec. 31, 2009 in the amount of $83,202.
34. Approve a 3 percent COLA raise for Community Support Program Workers and Family Community Support Services Workers at a rate of $12.80/hour effective Jan. 1, 2008.
35. Approve the Medica Health Plans Amendment to the County Participation Agreement for care coordination services between Medica and Cass County HHVS effective Dec. 31, 2007.
36. Approve 2008 HHVS group residential housing agreements.
37. Approve transfer of Permit #107078, and 107091 to Kevin Knaeble of Knaeble Timber from I Level Weyerhaeuser.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.