Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Commissioners Board Room, Courthouse, Walker
b. Oaths of Office by Judge John Smith.
1. Commissioners Jeff Peterson and Dick Downham.
c. 2009 Board Reorganization.
1. Election of vice chair.
2. Election of chair and seat the board in order of succession to the Chair.
d. Approval of agenda for discussion. (Any requests to be heard not on the proposed agenda are considered for inclusion at this time).
2. 9:05 a.m. Robert Yochum - County Administrator.
a. Approve consent agenda.
b. Award 2009 printing and publishing bids.
c. Resolution establishing 2009 conduct of meetings - Business Rules.
d. Establish Commissioners regular board meeting dates for 2009.
e. Receive and file State Notice of unallotment.
f. Table 2009 equipment list pending Citizen Budget Committee report of Feb. 3.
g. Maintain board review of appointments to budgeted personnel vacancies pending Citizen Budget Committee report of Feb. 3.
3. 9:30 a.m. Dorothy Opheim - HHVS Director.
a. Approve filling the vacant position of Support Enforcement Aid (SEA) as a result of promotion of Child Support Officer.
b. Approve filling vacant position of Office Support Specialist in child support as a result resignation.
4. 9:45 a.m. Katie Norby - Recorder.
a. Request approval to purchase "Property Fraud Alert" software.
5. 10 a.m. Dave Enblom - Highway Engineer.
a. Authorize use of eminent domain to acquire necessary easements on CSAH 35 Project.
b. Approve Indian Service Road No. 6 Agreement.
c. Approve resolution on Trunk Hwy. No. 290 (AGC Road) MNDot turn back conditions.
6. 10:15 a.m. John Sumption - ESD Director.
a. Update on Ordinance Amendments - No regulation of private rentals.
b. Report back on Comprehensive Plan amendments.
7. 10:30 a.m. Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
8. 10:35 a.m. Adjourn.
1. Approve board minutes of Dec. 18.
2. Approve Auditor warrants dated Dec. 18 in the amount of $241,028.75.
3. Approve HHVS Commissioner warrants dated Dec. 19 in the amount of $294,835.64.
4. Approve HHVS Auditor warrants dated Dec. 19 in the amount of $129,069.83.
5. Approve Auditor warrants dated Dec. 26 in the amount of $391,216.45.
6. Approve Personnel Items - retirements, resignations, etc.
7. Approve licenses - Gambling, Tobacco, 3.2 Beer, Liquor, etc.
8. Receive and file timber auction results of Dec. 24 in the amount of $121,134.00.
9. Approve - Annual Association of MN Counties dues for 2009 in the amount of $13,651.
10. Accept donation in the amount of $10 form Marjorie Frank to be used for boat and water safety equipment.
11. Receive and file correspondence from Sheriff Randy Fisher regarding the ARMER System- thanking County Commissioners of their support.
12. Approve and authorize recording of annual Employee Dishonesty and Faithful Performance Bond.
13. Approve Cass County Highway Department's policy on electronic/digital signature on employee timesheets.
14. Approve pay request for AGC Re-Use Project to Industrial Hygiene Services Corp. in the amount of $1,983.28 (capital fund).
15. Accept a donation in the amount of $50 to the Senior Transportation Program from the Ladies Auxiliary VFW of Longville.
16. Approve the agreement between Public Health Roster Nurses and Cass County HHVS with Robin Dodd, PHN, effective Jan. 7 at a rate of $22.47 per hour.
17. Approve the Contract for Purchase of Service between Cass County and Rural Minnesota CEP, Inc. for the purpose of providing employment services under the Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) including the Diversionary Work Program (DWP), effective Jan. 1 through Dec. 31. Amount of contract is $349,284; funding from the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
18. Approve the Outpatient Behavioral Health and Rule 25 assessment provider participation Aagreement between South Country Health Alliance and Cass County HHVS, effective Jan. 1.
19. Approve the purchase of service agreement between Cass County HHVS and North Homes, Inc. for Home Based Mental Health Services/In-Home Family Counseling, effective Jan. 1 through Dec. 31.
20. Refer correspondence from WesMin Resource Conservation and Development dated Dec. 18 regarding 2009 dues to the SWCD Liaison Committee.
21. Approve pay request for AGC Re-Use Project to Freeman Well Drilling Inc. in the amount of $4,616 (capital fund).
22. Approve the revised purchase of Service Host County Agreement between Cass County HHVS and Little Sand Group Homes for Residential Foster Care for 2009 at the revised per diem of $168.44. Same rate as 2008.
23. Receive and file the 2008 Sentence To Serve Program Year End Report.
24. Receive and file of Children's Mental Health grant award.
25. Refer extended leave policy to Personnel Rules Committee.
Little Falls City Council
Work session meets 6:45 p.m. Monday with regulary meeting at 7:30 p.m.
Council Chambers, City Hall, Little Falls
1. Oath of Office Judge Conrad Freeberg
a. Michael C. Doucette
Frank E. Gosiak
Urban L. Otremba
b. Call to order/determination of quorum/Pledge of Allegiance
c. Invocation, Pastor Steven Priola, First Baptist Church
d. Council organization
Elections of Officers
-Council Vice President
Council Committee Appointments
-Personnel and Finance
2. Approval of agenda
Approve the agenda as posted in accordance with the Open Meeting Law and herein place all agenda items on the table for discussion.
3. Approval of minutes
A copy of the minutes for the special work session meeting of Dec. 15 and the regular meeting of Dec. 15 are enclosed.
4. Approval of Bills
Approve checks 74424 - 74524, void check 74428, and totaling $320,388.84. Approve checks 74525 - _____, void check _____, and totaling $___________. Available Monday.
5. Awards, Donations, Presentations and Proclamations
1. State of the City, City Administrator Hale
6. a. Citizens appeals and petitions
Citizens Appeals. (5 minute limit) Individuals may address the City Council about any item not included on the agenda. Speakers are requested to come to the podium, state their name and address for the Council record and limit their remarks to five minutes. Generally, the City Council will not take official action on items discussed at this time, but may refer the matter to staff or a committee for a future report or direct the matter to be scheduled on an upcoming agenda.
1. Installation of Streetlight, Thirteenth Avenue Northeast, Alliance Church
7. Consent agenda
a. 2009 On Sale, On Sale Sunday and Off Sale Liquor License, Broadway Sports Bar - approve.
b. Charter Communications e-mail, December - receive.
c. Fire Department Report, November - receive.
d. Investment Recap, December - receive.
e. Review of Services Agreement, Morrison County Animal Humane Society, Gary W. Paulson CPA.
f. Wastewater Facility Report, November 2008 - receive.
8. Public hearings and lettings
a. Public Hearings
9. Old business.
10. New business.
a. League of Minnesota Cities Insurance Trust, Liability Insurance Dividend Refund - accept.
b. Resolution 2009-01, Designate official newspaper, Morrison County Record - adopt.
c. Resolution 2009-02, Designate Official Depositories - adopt.
d. Resolution 2009-03, City Attorney Agreement 2009 - adopt.
e. Resolution 2009-04, Write Off Certain Delinquent Accounts - adopt.
f. Resolution 2009-05, Declare Certain Property Surplus, Linden Hill - adopt.
g. Resolution 2009-06, Redemption and prepayment of General Obligation Tax Increment Refunding Bonds, Series 2001B - adopt.
h. Resolution 2009-07, Call for Public Hearing, Tax Exempt Revenue Bonds, Central Minnesota Diagnostic, Inc. - adopt.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.