John M. Morrison, born May 14, 1937, to William and Dena Morrison in Aldrich, Minn., and passed away on Sept. 6, 2011, after a short illness.
John is survived by his wife, Sharon Morrison, of 52 years; two sons, Wayne (Michelle) and Dale (Leesa) Morrison; eight grandchildren; one great-grandson; and one brother, Leo Morrison. He was preceded in death by two sisters, Phyllis Morrison and Joann Johnson; and one brother, Bill Morrison. John owned Morrison Blacktop and Landscaping in Brainerd, Minn., until 1972 at which time he answered the call of his lifelong desire to serve his Lord Jesus Christ in ministry. John served in the Minnesota, Arkansas-Louisiana, Iowa-Missouri, and Indiana conferences in pastoral, evangelism and administrative positions.
Retiring in 2001, John moved back to Brainerd, Minn., and served 10 churches across northern Minnesota during those years up until his recent illness. John’s passions were serving his Lord Jesus Christ, loving his family, landscaping and closely following construction projects of interest.
Services: Sunday, Sept. 11, 2011, at 11 a.m., Seventh-day Adventist Church, Hutchinson, Minn. Visitation with family two hours before service.
Flowers are through Dundee Floral and Nursery, Hutchinson, Minn.
A memorial fund has been established for Maplewood Academy Scholarship(s), John’s alma mater.