Cass County Board of Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Land Department Meeting Room
218 Washburn Avenue East, Backus
Call to Order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of agenda for discussion. (Any requests to be heard not on the proposed agenda are considered for inclusion at this time).
Robert Yochum – County Administrator.
a. Consent agenda.
b. Consider 2014 Commissioners Miscellaneous Services budget.
c. Renewal of Cass County Economic Development service agreement.
Reno Wells – HHVS Director, Jeff Woodford – VSO.
a. Federal shutdown impact on State WIC program and other HHVS services.
b. Veteran Service Office update.
Jim Ballenthin – “Rolling Over Hunger” bike ride.
Josh Stevenson – Land Commissioner.
a. Conservation Fund #73 request from City Pine River on Norway Lake Dam Project.
b. Enbridge pipeline inquiries.
Larry Wolfe – Chief Financial Officer.
a. Amend permit to cross Shingobee Connection Trail.
David Enblom – Highway Engineer.
a. Agreement with City of Walker - Phase V of Shingobee Connection Trail project (SP 1119-36).
b. Approve hiring WSB for engineering services related to the City of Lake Shore CSAH 77 project.
c. Approve sale of Challenger mower/tractor to Thunder Lake Township.
d. Discuss CR#129 bridge improvements.
e. Report back on unorganized town road inspection - Lakeview Avenue in the plat of Portage Lake.
Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
a. Approve attendance at the Annual Legislative AMC Conference, December 8-11, 2013, Hyatt
Regency, Minneapolis, Minn.
Close meeting to the public pursuant to M.S. 13D.05, Subd.3.(b). to discuss pending litigation, unlawful detainer action.
1. Approve Board Minutes of October 1, 2013.
2. Approve Auditor manual warrants dated September, 2013 in the amount of $583,790.57
3. Approve Auditor warrants dated Sept. 26, 2013 in the amount of $257,150.35.
4. Approve Auditor warrants dated Sept. 30, 2013 in the amount of $1,591.
5. Approve Auditor warrants dated Oct. 3, 2013 in the amount of $108,151.12.
6. Approve Auditor warrants dated Oct. 3, 2013 in the amount of $151,270.68.
7. Approve Auditor warrants dated Oct. 15, 2013 in the amount of $324,887.09.
8. Receive & file - Monthly Budget Reports.
9. Approve HHVS Commissioner warrants dated Oct. 4, 2013 in the amount of $87,087.87.
10. Approve HHVS Auditor warrants dated Oct. 4, 2013 in the amount of $46,527.84.
11. Approve personnel actions.
12. Approve licenses – Tobacco, 3.2 Beer, Liquor, Gambling, etc.
13. Receive & file Auditor -Treasurer’s Interest Income Report for September 2013.
14. Authorize payment for 3rd quarter Longville Ambulance Subordinate Service District payment in the amount of $102,750.
15. Receive & file the Minnesota Office of State Auditor’s Audit for the year ended December 31, 2012.
16. Receive & file Notice correspondence from MCIT regarding Notice to amend MCIT Joint Powers Agreement.
17. Approve correspondence supporting Trail #77 Legacy Trail Grant Application for the City of Lake Shore.
18. Receive & file correspondence from Deep Portage Conservation Reserve thanking Conservation Fund #73 for support for the Bog Walk Project, and request submitting letter to be included in Deep Portage Conservation Reserve time capsule.
19. Receive & file correspondence from Department of Human Services congratulating Cass County HHVS on a successful work participation rate.
20. Approve Cass County Family Center quarterly progress reports and payment of quarterly expense claims totaling $22,505.
21. Accept donation in the amount of $300.00 from American Legion Auxiliary #202 Hackensack for the Cass County VSO Transportation Program.
22. Approve MN Department of Health grant agreement for Perinatal Hepatitis B Case Management, Childhood Immunizations (CFDA#93-268) Practices Improvement and participate in the AFIX Pilot Project Phase 2.