Brainerd School Board
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
Washington Educational Services Building
804 Oak Street, Brainerd
1. Roll Call
2. District Recognitions
A. US Department of Agricultural visit to Forestview Middle School
B. Community Action Citizen of the Year - Bill Musel
C. Educator of the Year - Jim Hunt
D. Miss Minnesota & Miss America 4th runner up - Rebecca Yeh
E. Brainerd Elks Lodge thank you to the Acappella Choir members & parents
F. Stefanie Narlock received $1,000 worth of school supplies from Office Max on Oct. 1 through “A Day Made Better” promotion. This is a result of a nomination for her exemplary work.
G. Jennifer Klecatsky, BHS Science Teacher, has been selected as a FOX 9 Super Scientist Award Winner! - The award is to honor teachers who use science, technology, engineering & math within the classroom to inspire area students.
H. MDE Released Garfield, Harrison and Lowell Elementary Schools are Reward Schools and Riverside Elementary School is Celebration eligible.
3. Community Forum
4. Approval of Minutes
A. Regular School Board Meeting - Sept. 9.
B. Special School Board Meeting - Sept. 26.
5. Consent Calendar
A. Non-Teaching Employee Resignations
B. New Non-Teaching Employees
D. Ratify Payment of Bills
6. Site Reports/Communications
A. Makey Forest at Forestview Middle School - Dean Makey
B. Troy Schreifels - Brainerd Liaison Officer
7. Old Business
A. Long Range Planning - Goal 5B - ISD #181 will develop & implement a plan to increase the overall number of Brainerd students attending the Brainerd Public Schools.
8. New Business
A. For Action
1) Gifts & Grants Approval
2) Renewal of School Resource Officer with City of Brainerd
3) Contract Ratification for 2013-2015 for Hearing Interpreters
4) Contract Ratification for 2013-2015 for Head Cooks
5) Approval of Attorney Tom Fitzpatrick Resignation
6) Approval of RFP for Legal Services
1) School Board Member Reports - General
2) Schools for Equity in Education (SEE) - Bob Nystrom
3) Brainerd Public Schools Foundation Report - Reed Campbell
4) Curriculum Report - Deb Lechner
5) Business Services’ Report - Steve Lund
6) Superintendent’s Report - Steve Razidlo
a. SEE 2014 Legislative Platform
b. MN Infinity Fall Enrollment Report
c. Lincoln Education Center letter
d. Principal & Administration Evaluations
e. Crow Wing County Family Services Collaborative
9. Committee Reports
A. Curriculum/Student Activities Committee - Bob Nystrom
B. Facilities Committee - Chris Robinson
1) Met October 10, 2013
C. Finance/Insurance Committee - Reed Campbell
D. Legislative Committee - Sue Kern
E. Long Range Planning Committee - Tom Haglin
F. Personnel Committee - Ruth Nelson
10. Future Board & Committee Meetings
A. Personnel Committee Meeting - 4 p.m. Oct. 22.
B. Finance Committee Meeting - 11:30 a.m. Nov. 5.
C. Legislative Committee Meeting - 8 a.m. Nov. 14.
D. Regular School Board Meeting - 7 p.m. Nov. 18 (moved to third week - Veteran’s Day)
E. LRP Committee Meeting - 11:30 a.m. Nov. 21.
11. Any other such business that may properly come before the board.