Baxter City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
Baxter City Hall
13190 Memorywood Drive, Baxter
The Baxter City Council will conduct a work session 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Baxter City Hall, 13190 Memorywood Dr., Baxter, for the purposes of discussing the water treatment plant property; MS4 Permit; and Wildflower Drive, Franklin Drive and Woida Road Area Improvements. No formal action will be taken at this meeting.
1. Call Meeting to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Public Comments
Comments received from the public may be placed on a future meeting agenda for consideration.
5. Consent Agenda
The following items are considered non-controversial by staff and are recommended to be read and passed in one motion. Any council person, staff, citizen, or meeting attendee can request one or more items be pulled from the Consent Agenda and the item will be pulled and addressed immediately after the passage of the Consent Agenda; otherwise, the following items will be passed in one motion:
A. Approve City Council Minutes from October 1, 2013
B. Approve City Council Work Session Minutes from October 1, 2013
C. Approve City Council Budget Work Session Minutes from October 9, 2013
D. Approve City Council Woida, Franklin, & Wildflower Informational Meeting Minutes from October 10, 2013
E. Approve the Payment of Bills and Finance Report
F. Accept Utilities Commission Minutes of October 2, 2013
1. Approve contacting the homeowner on Paris Road to see if the City could sample their well for water quality as part of the City’s Evaluation of Sites for a Future Municipal Well.
2. Approve the Madden Agreement for Sanitary Sewer and Water.
3. Award the Anderson Brothers Construction quote in the amount of $9,950.00 for the Cedar Scenic Road Sewer Service Line Repair Project.
G. Accept the Planning Commission Minutes of October 8, 2013
H. Authorize Submitting a Letter of Support for the Mississippi River Connections Collaborative/National Geographic Geotourism Project
I. Approve contribution of $1,000.00 for Crow Wing County Housing and Redevelopment Authority Study with Maxfield Research Inc.
J. Authorize Execution of Life and Disability Insurance Contracts for National Joint Powers Alliance (NJPA) Ancillary Programs
K. Approve Animal Control Enforcement Proposal for the City of Baxter, MN
L. Accept with Gratitude a $500 Donation from the Brainerd Kiwanis Club for the 2013 Children’s Triathlon
M. Approve Ordinance 2013-12 Amending the Text of the Title 8 Public Utilities Section 8-1-4: Water Availability Charge (WAC) and Section 8-2-15: Sewer Availability Charge (SAC).
6. Pulled Agenda Items
7. Other Business
A. Planning & Zoning Actions.
1. Adopt Resolution No. 13-10/2-1 Approving a Conditional Use Permit for Planned Unit Development for BGT Investments, LLC for property located at 7111 and 7115 Forthun Road (city file 13-04)
8. Council Comments
A. Jim Klein
B. Rob Moser
C. Todd Holman
D. Mark Cross
E. Darrel Olson
9. City Attorney’s Report/Closed Session
a. Negotiation Discussion for Acquisition of Public Right-of-Way
10. City Administrator’s Report
A. Approve 2013-2014 Labor Contracts