Baxter City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
Baxter City Hall
13190 Memorywood Drive, Baxter
The Baxter City Council will conduct a work session on Tuesday beginning at 6 p.m. at the Baxter City Hall for the purposes of discussing the park access, water treatment plant property and silent railroad crossings. No formal action will be taken at this meeting.
1. Call meeting to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Public Comments
Comments received from the public may be placed on a future meeting agenda for consideration.
5. Consent Agenda
The following items are considered non-controversial by staff and are recommended to be read and passed in one motion. Any council person, staff, citizen, or meeting attendee can request one or more items be pulled from the Consent Agenda and the item will be pulled and addressed immediately after the passage of the Consent Agenda; otherwise, the following items will be passed in one motion:
A. Approve City Council Minutes from Sept. 17.
B. Approve the Payment of Bills and Finance Report
C. Accept the Special Utilities Commission Minutes of Sept. 17.
1. Approve the Stormwater Report for McDermott Dental Clinic Project and allow a 5-year storm event to enter into Falcon Drive as part of their overall 100-year storm water system design for the site.
2. Approve the Plans and Specifications contingent on adding a 6-inch fire line and removing the 2-inch waterline on Falcon Drive for McDermott Dental Clinic Project.
3. Approve the Lyles Investments, LLC Development Agreement contingent on the Developers Agreement being executed before a building permit is issued for the project.
4. Approve the assessment agreement for Lyles Investments, LLC.
D. Accept the Parks and Trails Commission Minutes of Sept. 23.
1. Incorporate in the 2014 Capital Parks Fund Budget a 40’ x 40’ pavilion with kitchen facilities at Whipple Beach Recreational Facility at a total estimated budget of $165,000 and a 26’ x 26’ pavilion without a kitchen at Berrywood Park at a total estimated budget of $45,000 from the Park Dedication Fund.
E. Accept the Long Range Planning Commission Minutes of Sept. 23.
F. Accept the Planning Commission Minutes of Sept. 24.
G. Schedule a Public Hearing for the Certification of Delinquent Utility Bills and Nuisance Abatements for Nov. 19 at 7:05 p.m.
6. Pulled Agenda Items
7. Other Business
A. Planning & Zoning Actions.
1. Adopt Resolution No. 13-10/1-1 Approving a Minor Subdivision to plat an existing lot and outlot as one lot to be named “McDermott Professional Center” on property located at the northeast corner of Isle Drive and the right-of-way for Falcon Drive (city file 13-043)
B. Hold Hearing and Adopt Resolution No. 13-10/1/2 Approving a Vacation of Easements within Isle Road Office Park
8. Council Comments
A. Jim Klein
B. Rob Moser
C. Todd Holman
D. Mark Cross
E. Darrel Olson
9. City Attorney’s Report
A. Closed session under Minnesota Statute 13D.05, Subd. 3(b) to discuss a street vacation and to discuss non-user fee litigation.
10. City Administrator’s Report
11. Adjourn to Council Budget Work Session on Wednesday at 6 p.m. and Woida, Franklin, Wildflower Project Public Information Meeting at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 10.