At Kinship we get to interview a lot of kids. It is great fun learning what their favorite things are: games, food, books, sports and school subjects to name a few. When asked “what would you like your Kinship Partner to be like?” the most common reply is, “someone who will be my friend.”
So what makes a friend? Here’s a partial list.
• Will listen.
• Is kind and has respect for you.
• Won’t put you down or deliberately hurt your feelings.
• Will care for you because they choose to, not because they feel like they have to.
• Is willing to stick around when things get tough.
• Laughs with you and cries with you.
Does your life have room for a child? Are you willing to be a friend? We have 32 children in the Brainerd lakes area on our waiting list.
Kinship Partners serves families in Crow Wing County, southern Cass County and the Staples/Motley area by providing positive role models to youth from the ages of 5 to 14. We have offices in Brainerd, Pequot Lakes, Crosby and Staples.
For more information about Kinship Partners or any of the kids on our waiting list, call 218-829-4606, toll free at 877-730-5437 or visit our website at www.kinshippartners.org.