Crow Wing Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD) invites photographers of all ages and abilities to submit their photos for the fall 2013 Native Plant Photo Contest.
According to Beth Hippert, district technician, “This is a great opportunity for people to discover, explore and learn about native plants that grow around the Brainerd lakes area and photograph the progression of plants and trees from spring to fall.”
Melissa Barrick, district manager, said, “Top 12 entries will be featured in a monthly Crow Wing SWCD e-newsletter and receive gift certificates for the 2014 SWCD Tree and Plant Sale.”
Brainerd Chapter of the Wild Ones-Native Plants Natural Landscapes will judge photos, according to the guidelines listed below.
E-mailbphotos to email@example.com or mail to: Crow Wing SWCD, 322 Laurel St. Suite 13, Brainerd, MN 56401. Deadline is Oct. 31.
• Entries must be original work that is property of the person who submits the photo.
• Label each entry with your name, county where photo was taken, and name of the plant.
• One entry per specie, limit of five entries per season.
• Submit photo by email in digital format, .jpg format preferred.
• Trademarks, commercial names, or advertisements may not appear in the photos.
• Entry will imply consent to use photos for SWCD promotional activities
• Photos will be judged on shot composition, clarity, and the inclusion of stems, leaves, and flowers. Extra points will be awarded for shots that include wildlife.