RV catches fire
Brainerd firefighters were called at 8:22 p.m. Wednesday to a home on the 700 block of Buffalo Hills Lane in Brainerd to a recreation vehicle (RV) that was on fire.
Brainerd Fire Chief Kevin Stunek said the RV was located right next to the home. Stunek said firefighters contained the fire and the home was not damaged. He said the fire started in the refrigerator, which was recently being worked on. Stunek said the fire burned the refrigerator and a hole in the wall of where the appliance was located.
Stunek said the RV was damaged but it was not a total loss.
Other fire calls include:
Firefighters responded to a call at 2:18 a.m. Thursday to Tom’s TV, 25 NE Washington St., to the garbage bin that was on fire. Stunek said the fire did not reach the business and the fire is under investigation.
Firefighters responded to a fire alarm call at 2:29 p.m. Wednesday to Boys Port, 1406 Laurel St. Firefighters investigated, found nothing and then cleared.