Sexual Assault Services
honors victims of
Sexual Assault Services (SAS) will honor victims of sexual violence and raise awareness in April to mark National Sexual Assault Awareness Month. SAS will host a ribbon tying event in front of the Crow Wing County Historic Courthouse in Brainerd.
The event is scheduled for 3 p.m. April 2 at the courthouse (326 Laurel St.).
More than 300 teal ribbons will be tied to a tree to represent each survivor of sexual violence who has received services from SAS in the past year. The ribbons will remain on display throughout Sexual Assault Awareness Month.
SAS has provided support and advocacy to more than 300 women, men and children in Crow Wing County since April 1, 2012.
Services provided by SAS include:
• Crisis counseling and intervention.
• Short-term emotional support.
• Referral and assistance in securing emergency and/or other services.
• Assistance in completing and filing harassment restraining order or order for protection.
• Advocacy during forensic exam and law enforcement investigations.
• Legal advocacy during criminal, civil, or family court activities.
• Assistance in filing victim reparations claims.
• Group support.