■ Fire alarm call
The Brainerd Fire Department was called at 4:54 a.m. Thursday to Consolidated Telephone Company, 1102 Madison St., to a fire alarm. It was reported that a belt in the heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit burned out.
■ Pillager fire respond to chimney fire
PILLAGER — The Pillager Fire Department responded to a chimney fire at a home at 1339 Highway 210in Sylvan Township, about six miles east of Pillager.
Pillager Fire Chief Randy Lee said the fire was contained in the chimney at the home, owned by Donovan Johnson. Lee said the fire began because the chimney was dirty and the chimney can no longer be used for the rest of the winter season.
There were no injuries.
About 13 firefighters responded to the fire that was reported at 6:13 p.m. The scene was cleared at 7:10 p.m.
Lee advises homeowners with chimneys to make sure they are cleaned often. Lee said the number of times a chimney needs to be cleaned depends on the type of wood that is used and the temperature in the chimney.
Lee said chimneys should be cleaned monthly, but they should be cleaned weekly if greener wood is used.